Cast Experience Announcements

matt9112

Seems like you think the sky is falling with cast and mgt. Parks and resorts will continue and we will regularly be enjoying our visits.

No but you appear to think there is nothing wrong with employee retention or management in any way shape or form. Enjoy them I guess sure? Not sure what that has to do with employee QOL.

Disone

So, nothing that costs Disney money or puts more money in the CM's pockets. 🙄
This is the "they can always do more" critique. And they can but....

This will result in lots of cast cancelling their subscriptions. So that is a revenue loss to the company and money those cast members now kept in there pocket because it is now a benefit.

This isn't the biggest news of all time, but to be honest with you, they're not treating it as the biggest news either. It is simply a casual mention that this benefit is now coming. There was no media press event. No build up to a grand reveal. It was just simply released information.

Not everything has to be the best thing since sliced bread. I do appreciate little things and recognize this is not something they have to do.

Having said that, I appreciate they've done it.

Brian

This is the "they can always do more" critique. And they can but....

This will result in lots of cast cancelling their subscriptions. So that is a revenue loss to the company and money those cast members now kept in there pocket because it is now a benefit.

This isn't the biggest news of all time, but to be honest with you, they're not treating it as the biggest news either. It is simply a casual mention that this benefit is now coming. There was no media press event. No build up to a grand reveal. It was just simply released information.

Not everything has to be the best thing since sliced bread. I do appreciate little things and recognize this is not something they have to do.

Having said that, I appreciate they've done it.
Agreed. It always struck me as a cheap that they made one choose between park admission and D+, so it is nice to see them coming around and offering both as a perk.

Not to mention that it will help cast with their product knowledge. The company is placing such a tremendous emphasis on DTC/streaming, and having those products available to all cast at no charge will mean more cast will be familiar with their efforts, and more importantly, the latest and greatest characters/stories.

Brian

There will be plenty of raises once the STCU/company reach an agreement. Not only will the represented cast get raises, but O&T will as well (though maybe not right away), as they have to keep those wages competitive with/superior to the union folks.

-em

It’s annoying though as I think a lot of CMs renew Dis+ in Nov/Dec whenever it started… so without a date it’ll be switch to the higher month to month until it starts or do without…

cranbiz

Partially true and maybe a bit harsh. This does cost TWDC something as it's non revenue for Disney+ and CM's now don't have to pay for the bundle, so it is a small amount back in their pockets. (yes, very small but none the less it is something they get and don't need to pay for)

As a former CM, I always appreciated these things. Did I want more money?, Who doesn't. Could Disney open the wallet further, sure they could.

However, these little things were always appreciated because they didn't have to do anything. I appreciated the cast gifts. Some were really nice, like the all metal picture frame. I appreciated it when I was able to take my kids to Studio's for a CM showing of Tangled at the Lights, Motors, Action stage. Snack included and we did not need to use our Maingate to get in. I liked getting the cast comp tickets. I used my last 2 after I left WDW at DLR when I moved to CA for a new full time job (fortunately I only had to stay there 6 month before transferring to my home base in NC).

None of these things cost them much money but they made me feel better and somewhat appreciated.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
1665538163042.png

LSLS

I'd bet a majority of Cast members have D+, so I'd say it is a small hit to Disney, and nice deal for the employees (and also nice for Disney who adds subscribers with this). Wonder if they will let them upgrade for the difference?

Disstevefan1

This is nice. If I remember correctly, previously, cast members had to choose main gate pass OR Disney+

Are all these cast members added to the total number of Disney+ subscriptions Disney reports I wonder?

With blackouts and park pass reservations the cast members should be able to get into the parks once in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom