Caspian, Wall-E and Miley Cyrus- DHS 7/9 photo-update

Fun2BFree

Original Poster
Greetings from the World! F2BF here, and I've always wanted to do a photo-update, so here's what's going on at DHS.

First, some quick Fun2BFacts:
-It's hot. Damn hot.
-TSMM was at 80 minutes by noon, and the FPs were all the way back to 9pm.
-ToT's preshow video seemed much more quiet than usual- I had to strain to hear it over the Brazilian hordes. Perhaps it's a casualty of the recent sound-rejigging that I read on here.
-Journey to Narnia: Prince Caspian is now open. I'll elaborate on it later in the update.
-Wall-E merchandise is flying off the shelves, despite the lack of it.
-On a similar note, Wall-E exhibits are now in the Art of Animation, including a cool photo-op. Pictures follow.

And now for the photos:
SNC15671.jpg

Two of my least favourite things at the Studios!

SNC15672.jpg

Wall-E has set up shop at the Art of Animation, with a brief trailer at the end of the Mushu film, and a whole bunch of maquettes, concept art and other goodies.

SNC15678-1.jpg

That's right: YOU can have your picture taken next to a cardboard Wall-E! Next to the photo op, a fun film plays detailing Wall-E's technical specifications along with a ton of slapstick-- I wonder if it'll be on the DVD? (For reference, the cutout is about 3ft tall.)

SNC15680-1.jpg

Caspian is also open.

SNC15681-1.jpg

The queue area is bordered by a construction wall, some taped up lights and (the infamous) ladder (of doom).

ATTRACTION SPOILERS (Highlight to read):
Where in the previous version you entered into a room with the Wardrobe, now it is a stone door heralding the entrance to Aslan's How (the lights dimmed quickly so I was unable to get a good picture. Anyone wanting a look at this room can check this botched try: http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/Fun2BFree/SNC15684-1.jpg) You then enter into a large-ish hexagonal stone chamber (Aslan's How) and an extended trailer is played. While there is no live-action performer as in the previous version, a screen at the front of the chamber interacts with the trailer as a slab of ice containing the digital projection of the White Witch). After this, you exit into an updated display of models and costumes. While I feel it is better done than the previous version, it is still pretty lacklustre and there were many disappointed and exasperated guests (as before).
SPOILERS END HERE.

SNC15686-1.jpg

By noon, this bleak sign confronted me. Oh well, there's still the single-rider line.

SNC15688-1.jpg

The back-side of Pixar Place. It looks so much more pleasant and green than Mickey Avenue ever did.

SNC15689-1.jpg

Nothing new here.

Fun2BFree

Original Poster

SNC15690-1.jpg

What's over here in this decrepit corner of the Studios?

SNC15692-1.jpg

An empty Al's Toy Barn, of course. This area is just begging to be renovated into something new.

SNC15694-1.jpg

Some signs still haven't been updated yet.

SNC15695-1.jpg

No change in the Idol area.

SNC15696-1.jpg

The ATAS Hall of Fame is also in a sad state of disrepair. Does this woman have a name?

SNC15698-1.jpg

Finally, a shop for me!

SNC15701-1.jpg

Vintage film is the blood that flows through my veins! I'm gonna find some cool stuff here.

SNC15700-1.jpg

In reality, the shop was entirely HSM/Hannah Montana. I guess Old-School Hollywood doesn't sell well any more. :(

SNC15702-1.jpg

On my way through other shops looking for Wall-E stuff, I found this. Looks like the Jacqueline Sparrow in every family has been well catered for.

Well, that's it for this update-- I hope you enjoyed it.
-F2BF.

yoda_5729

If you were interested in old school hollywood stuff. The AFI showcase, and it's store along with the autograph shop at the front of the park are the best two places to try. The AFI shop has some Marilyn stuff and others and books on Hollywood history and the autograph shop has a bunch of stuff. Hope that helps, nice pics.

Beautiful picture of the back of Pixar Place. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the future of that area as it evolves.

Now if you folks want to see something really amazing I suggest going here and looking at the details of this pic :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alm005/images/monsters_in002.jpg

WOW! That's all I can say about that picture! I really hope you're right! Thanks fun2bfree for the great update!

the-reason14

I am so excited, I cant wait to do TSM. Ill be there this Tue. and thats the first place Im headed. I can not wait, I hope its as good as folk have been making it out to be, because I sure will say if it is or isnt lol. But Im sure its great, Im really anxious and excited, and cant freakin wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom