Cash-Strapped Disney

jt04

- Any thoughts about a savior white knight swooping in with a huge hands-off cash infusion? (Maybe Google would like and be able to use the place a huge petri dish on human behavior?)

- And if they are forced to close WDW again, maybe the Feds via economic aid to Florida would do something through the guise bailing out such a huge employer?

I've figured out how the parks can be more profitable than ever and by the trend lines I'd say the mouse has figured it out to.

And a key feature is high guest satisfaction surveys and new attractions and shows.

This will take another decade or so to fully implement but the parks and resorts at wdw will be back s
I think they should sell off individual sections of the park.

Jeff Bezo's Fantasyland
Tesla's Tomorrowland
Apple's Future World
Huawei's Main Street USA
Goldman Sachs' American Adventure Pavilion
Comcast's Dino Rama

So many possibilities.

I've figured out how the parks can be more profitable than ever and by the trend lines I'd say the mouse has figured it out to.

And a key feature is high guest satisfaction surveys and new attractions and shows.

This will take another decade or so to fully implement but the parks and resorts at wdw will be back stronger than ever. IMO.

Edit: 😏 not sure what happened but leaving as is.

Brer Oswald

Did you ... did you miss all the other projects Chapek cut to shreds? He's not getting any raw deal. He's reaping what he sowed.

I haven't seen anything about rumored strategies from different people so I can't comment on that, but the only other real strategy is to stay closed. I can't see money-hungry Chapek being behind that ever.
His strategy, from what I’ve been told, was September, MK first, phases reopening. Iger’s was to open everything in July to counter Universal.

Chapek is obviously not free of criticism in regards to entertainment cuts, but neither should Iger. Too often do I see people ripping into Chapek for making cuts, but praising Iger for some reason. Remember, Iger created the environment that normalized Chapek’s cuts. I just don’t think it’s fair for Bob C to take all of the flack, and Bob I to relish in all of the praise. That’s all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

This will take another decade or so to fully implement but the parks and resorts at wdw will be back s

This will take another decade or so to fully implement but the parks and resorts at wdw will be back stronger than ever. IMO.

Edit: 😏 not sure what happened but leaving as is.
More profitable than ever doesn’t work now

More profitable than ever doesn’t work now
His strategy, from what I’ve been told, was September, MK first, phases reopening. Iger’s was to open everything in July to counter Universal.

Chapek is obviously not free of criticism in regards to entertainment cuts, but neither should Iger. Too often do I see people ripping into Chapek for making cuts, but praising Iger for some reason. Remember, Iger created the environment that normalized Chapek’s cuts. I just don’t think it’s fair for Bob C to take all of the flack, and Bob I to relish in all of the praise. That’s all.

I totally buy this.

Why would Iger wait? He’s in “bail limbo” and wouldn’t take one ounce of heat.

Brer Oswald

I think hes not really a "people person" or at least to me doesnt try to be. Like Eisner or not, he spoke to the people...
I don’t think either of the Bob’s are. Or, if they are, they don’t seem too interested in showing it. I’m a little curious on why Iger has the new “Uncle Walt” reputation with the Twitter crowd. Maybe he’s super personable and really charismatic at these private events I’m not paid to go to? He made that funny tweet about Captain Marvel that made me laugh. Aside from that, I haven’t seen any of his personality on display.

D’Amaro seems more of the “Uncle Walt” type, with what little I’ve seen in the Parks Instagram videos. Really hoping to see more of that in the future. Maybe Chapek will come around and join in too?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think either of the Bob’s are. Or, if they are, they don’t seem too interested in showing it. I’m a little curious on why Iger has the new “Uncle Walt” reputation with the Twitter crowd. Maybe he’s super personable and really charismatic at these private events I’m not paid to go to? He made that funny tweet about Captain Marvel that made me laugh. Aside from that, I haven’t seen any of his personality on display.

D’Amaro seems more of the “Uncle Walt” type, with what little I’ve seen in the Parks Instagram videos. Really hoping to see more of that in the future. Maybe Chapek will come around and join in too?
I don’t know anything about chapek...other than wear sunglasses around him or risk cornea damage...

But I’ve met the other two and you’re dead on.

One is more personable to the face, but completely dismissive...the other is more combative...but inquisitive and new how to read people/answer questions.

Brer Oswald

I don’t know anything about chapek...other than wear sunglasses around him or risk cornea damage...

But I’ve met the other two and you’re dead on.

One is more personable to the face, but completely dismissive...the other is more combative...but inquisitive and new how to read people/answer questions.
I presume Iger’s the former and D’Amaro’s the latter?

Mainahman

I presume Iger’s the former and D’Amaro’s the latter?

D’Amaro gives me hopes. hes in touch with the staff, acts like he cares. if we can keep him from becoming like the corp machine, we might stand a chance at getting it back on track. I get good feelings from him. Maybe there will have to be a financial type guy too... The Roy for Walt and the Wells to Eisner. We need a visionary and a " how can we afford this" person for best results.

Brer Oswald

Sorry...

Iger is the former...the Big E is the latter (I’m dated)

The other doesn’t have a title that really has an financial decisions making power behind it. They are tasked with “slashing” without any ability to add.

That was Paul “the face” in my day
Okay that makes leagues more sense to me. A more apt comparison given the positions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1) No
2) It wouldn't be a guise, tourism IS Central Florida, (most of Florida, really). Besides the Disney CMs, tons of other jobs are reliant on Disney doing business. But I don't see any funds getting explicitly earmarked for Disney.
About 90% of Orlando...if you liquor the chamber of commerce up and they get “honest”

There’s no other options for O-town. Or most of Florida:..see the problem yet?
Chapek, 27 years with TWDC, current CEO salary $2.5 mil/ $7.5 mil additional if he achieves performance targets set by the Disney Board, not even including his stock options worth millions, even though he took a 50% pay cut in salary, he is not hurting financially. If he leaves or is forced out his parachute will be golden.
Not much compared to “DADDY BOB”
Chapek or Eisner?
You forgot Iger...he’s creepy too. I can’t explain how much rehearsal he probably goes through prior to interviews...he’s made of plywood.

TrainsOfDisney

You forgot Iger...he’s creepy too. I can’t explain how much rehearsal he probably goes through prior to interviews...he’s made of plywood.

Lol. Did you think Eisner was “creepy”?

I wouldn’t use the term creepy for any of them (not that I’ve met them... just from what I’ve seen) but Iger and Chapek seem fake to me. Kinda remind me of a lot of mega-church pastors in a way?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I wouldn’t use the term creepy for any of them (not that I’ve met them... just from what I’ve seen) but Iger and Chapek seem fake to me. Kinda remind me of a lot of mega-church pastors in a way?
No...seems more like Hannibal Lecter...sizes everyone up. I was young and obviously intimidated.

Wait...that might be “creep” by default?🤔

JoeCamel

Btw, here's the data Disney is looking at to justify not closing WDW. As long as deaths and ICU usage doesn't start increasing substantially, they're not closing down.

So the fact we have record hospitalizations for Covid (increasing) and deaths are a lagging indicator (by about 2 weeks) the doctors have learned how to keep patients out of ICU and the age is skewing younger so they don't need ICU care if in hospital means all is fine.

OK, I can't believe there is no one that can foresee the future at WDW.

Glad I know more than all of them, I want their money now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The Joel osteen ref is perfect.

The definition of phoney.

Chappie seems more Benny Hinh to me though

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So the fact we have record hospitalizations for Covid (increasing) and deaths are a lagging indicator (by about 2 weeks) the doctors have learned how to keep patients out of ICU and the age is skewing younger so they don't need ICU care if in hospital means all is fine.

OK, I can't believe there is no one that can foresee the future here.
Glad I know more than all of them, I want their money now.
Don’t bother commenting if it’s not “pro-Florida”

That line has been drawn repeatedly.

Kamikaze

September was the original plan for the company before Universal decided to open. Then it became a necessity for them to open. That wasn't Chapek's plan (or his plan only), it was what the company was going to do. Both coasts were going to open after Labor Day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
September was the original plan for the company before Universal decided to open. Then it became a necessity for them to open. That wasn't Chapek's plan (or his plan only), it was what the company was going to do. Both coasts were going to open after Labor Day.
There’s still a lot of disagreement on this...100% by those that have been wrong since 3/15.

But I don’t see how that wasn’t the play? Soft opening in the fall to counter the school calendars...ramp up into holidays...charge the masses 2021. 2020 is a write off.

But somebody’s forgot to send the newsletter to COVID and it’s not cooperating

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom