Casey's Corner closing for lengthy refurbishment in the new year

raymusiccity

It looks great....won't miss the bleacher seating at all. This new setup was much needed.

Has anyone noticed that the indoor set up is for an obvious photo shoot? The tables and chairs in the corner are blocking two doorways. One of them actually opens into the eating area. (you can see the hydraulic dampening box mounted on the door inside of the room). It looks like seating capacity will be just a tad less than pictured.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone noticed that the indoor set up is for an obvious photo shoot? The tables and chairs in the corner are blocking two doorways. One of them actually opens into the eating area. (you can see the hydraulic dampening box mounted on the door inside of the room). It looks like seating capacity will be just a tad less than pictured.
Not a photo shoot. These were shot this morning just before opening. They are not Disney photos.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The word of the day is, "hyperbole."

No, it's 'where does it stop'? Bolt puts crowd control as the top priority. Ok, what else should we sacrifice to ensure that is met?

BTW.. the points like the benches have already happened. And as someone who needs to sit sometimes after being on my feet all day due to multiple back surgeries.. it's very apparent. But hey, it's nighttime, let's wipe the place clean so we can do crowd management better.

You shouldn't give up the experience the park was built to be.. just to make crowd control better. You should figure out how to meet BOTH needs. 'Clear cut' does not do that.

midwest_mice

It looks great....won't miss the bleacher seating at all. This new setup was much needed.
I also won't miss the bleachers. Sure, the large screen tv was nice, but added seating is appreciated. I eat here at least once every vacation and typically eat outside. I tried eating on the bleachers once and as uncoordinated as I am, walked around with ketchup on my shorts all day after my tray must must have picked some up by the dispenser.

ToTBellHop

No, it's 'where does it stop'? Bolt puts crowd control as the top priority. Ok, what else should we sacrifice to ensure that is met?

BTW.. the points like the benches have already happened. And as someone who needs to sit sometimes after being on my feet all day due to multiple back surgeries.. it's very apparent. But hey, it's nighttime, let's wipe the place clean so we can do crowd management better.

You shouldn't give up the experience the park was built to be.. just to make crowd control better. You should figure out how to meet BOTH needs. 'Clear cut' does not do that.
Unfortunately, they need more space for bodies. So they can remove buildings (likely rides/restaurants before shops) or trees and benches. Or they could bulldoze the whole site and build a new Magic Kingdom designed for the average BMI of a 2014 American Average Joe/Jane (with 100 yard wide walkways lined with benches designed to hold 5 metric tons each).

Given the reasonable options, the trees and benches go in the busy areas and are added to expansion sites. Makes sense to me.

How could you sit and relax on MSUSA anymore, anyway, with a loud show with blasting music starting every 12 1/2 minutes?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Going to miss the bleachers...:(
For whenever you need a fix:

GEDC5581.JPG

flynnibus

Premium Member
Unfortunately, they need more space for bodies. So they can remove buildings (likely rides/restaurants before shops) or trees and benches

1) Influence customer behavior.. to avoid the 'everyone wants to be in the same spot at once'
2) Provide alternative routes (hey.. aren't the bulk of those people heading to the busses.. jeez isn't there another part of the park that is actually CLOSER to the buses than the train station exit
3) actually manage the crowd better (you know.. DL has a much smaller MS and generally still does a better job than MK does)

I know these things take effort.. but that's what maintaining show usually takes.

How could you sit and relax on MSUSA anymore, anyway, with a loud show with blasting music starting every 12 1/2 minutes?

It's not a problem just on MS...

ToTBellHop

1)
It's not a problem just on MS...
That is certainly true. I was somewhat disgusted last month that apparently every show now needs to be played over the sound system. Do I really need to be able to hear the banjo band in Frontierland from the Haunted Mansion line? Yeehaw!

Also, while I partially agree with your crowd control points, I find DL to be even more dangerous than MK in terms of crowds. Some afternoons (let alone at night) it's crazy in Adventureland, for example. This is a problem for decades-old theme parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That is certainly true. I was somewhat disgusted last month that apparently every show now needs to be played over the sound system. Do I really need to be able to hear the banjo band in Frontierland from the Haunted Mansion line? Yeehaw!

I was talking about the lack of seating.. but whatever. Feel free to believe throwing away the staging is worth the crowd benefits.

ToTBellHop

A jest... but highlights exactly how people didn't recognize their purpose and staging in the place.

I guess in the future when the parks are the same as your local mall food court... because we want the most optimum eating experience for crowds.. we can look back and wonder what happened.
You mean bleachers aren't for eating on? You can't be suggesting that people are expected to be able to eat a hot dog while walking, surely?

rnese

I know I've never eaten at Casey's simply because there is nowhere to sit. And believe me, after looking at those pics of that chili dog I definitely want to! If I'm going to dive into that puppy I'll need a seat, a stack of napkins, some Shout wipes, some Tums, and about an hour! I hope when I'm there this summer I can locate an empty table.

ToTBellHop

I guess ignorance is bliss...

Done with this.. you don't even respect why the bleachers were there in the first place vs tables to start with.
I am fully aware of why the bleachers were there in the first place. But, today's guests demand seating while they eat (with air conditioning).

To be fair, we *itch about the lack of seating in the Main StreetBUCKS and we *itch about additional seating at Casey's. We'd like additional seating but not really?

Or you complain about seating being removed from outside walk ways but you complain about seating being added in the air conditioning?

dstrawn9889

I'm just in shock at this point. Do the current heads of disney even have a basic understand of what the intention of the parks is? Because it looks like they think its just to grab as much cash as possible.
you really went there, didn't you? the reason TDO is open is to make Stockholders money, the same as any business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom