Casey's Corner closing for lengthy refurbishment in the new year

ToTBellHop

Flower beds are better than grass. They add so much more to the area through color. That is my opinion while yours is that grass is better. Oh well.

When it comes to functionality, however, why not just flatten the whole area? If this were really entirely about functionality, why are the curbs for the planters still there? Why not flatten them and just lay grass down level with the footpath? With those curbs there people are going to trip over them in the dark, at least that is how it appears from the photos. That removes none of the danger that you claimed was in this area. If anything, this area is now more dangerous. And no one should have to go to just Epcot if they wanna see flowers. Flowers should be all over WDW, not just one park. They used to be everywhere, but since saving money is the big thing there as of late, it's a different story. Sadly.

I assume you're counting the Fantasyland forest when it comes to trees. Oh wow. Lots of trees in the back of the park. Meanwhile, Town Square and the hub look barren without any trees. Just because they put trees in Fantasyland, doesn't make the situation any better.

Sometimes the blind fanboyism here is ridiculous. The act of defending every single move WDW makes is one of the reasons why the resort has fallen so steeply in quality over the past decade.
To me, curbs make it clear that you are not to push your stroller or ECV over the grass--as in, "stand on the grass to watch the show or drive along the walkway to leave the park." How is this any different from the streets of most towns in America that have curbs to delineate where you can drive vs. where you can't drive?

I hardly defend every WDW action. As one who has gotten stuck in this terrible bottleneck in the past with my 1-year olds, I am glad something is being done.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You're funny. Trying to be the new hater on the board. It's cute.

I guess being a 'hater' is calling out DIsney on replacing park elements like grass/trees/flowers with low maintenance concrete and assuming the guests will never notice.

If I want concrete I can go to the local airport and hang out on the ramp, If I want fun on concrete (and paying for it) I can take the flying club's Cessna 182 for a flight if someone else does not have it scheduled. The point being one expects concrete at an airport NOT at a PARK.

Bolt

I guess being a 'hater' is calling out DIsney on replacing park elements like grass/trees/flowers with low maintenance concrete and assuming the guests will never notice.

If I want concrete I can go to the local airport and hang out on the ramp, If I want fun on concrete (and paying for it) I can take the flying club's Cessna 182 for a flight if someone else does not have it scheduled. The point being one expects concrete at an airport NOT at a PARK.
Have you ever seen the park at nighttime? It's been a nightmare for years. This is a good thing to help people get to the attractions to enjoy. I rather get to Space Mountain instead of staring at a tree for 20 minutes while waiting to move.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Have you ever seen the park at nighttime? It's been a nightmare for years. This is a good thing to help people get to the attractions to enjoy. I rather get to Space Mountain instead of staring at a tree for 20 minutes while waiting to move.

I've been there at night hundreds of times over the years, During the day heatstroke is a possibility due to lack of shade and rest spots of which Disney at one time had hundreds of benches and trees to shade them now one has only hot concrete to sit on.

Being the prepared type usually go to parks in summer with no fewer than 6 half liter bottles of water per person.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I've been there at night hundreds of times over the years, During the day heatstroke is a possibility due to lack of shade and rest spots of which Disney at one time had hundreds of benches and trees to shade them now one has only hot concrete to sit on.

Being the prepared type usually go to parks in summer with no fewer than 6 half liter bottles of water per person.

Never mind the summer, I went in October last year and it was ridiculously hot during the day. I thought about downing a LeFou's Brew every hour or so. :D

Bolt

You're right. I forgot they took EVERY tree from the park this week. If it makes you feel better, they added TEN new trees to American Garden Theaters today, and they are all 25 feet tall. Can you sleep easy tonight?

ToTBellHop

You're right. I forgot they took EVERY tree from the park this week. If it makes you feel better, they added TEN new trees to American Garden Theaters today, and they are all 25 feet tall. Can you sleep easy tonight?
And Enterprise is committed to planting 50,000,000 new trees. That's like planting a new Central Park every 10 days.

flynnibus

Premium Member

yes, lets take out those offensive benches that just get in the way too...
And those curbs... all they do is trip people...
Peter Pan.. why don't we make the boats hold 12 people... that line is always too long...
and we should get rid of those vending carts too.. all they do is clog up those walkways... OOOOPS.. wait.. those are revenue generating... of course don't touch those.

Your justification if lead to it's natural conclusion should mean we should just have open spaces inbetween the attractions for maximum people space.

You can see that optimization isn't always the best path... when it means sacrificing what you are and what you are trying to project.

flynnibus

Premium Member

ToTBellHop

yes, lets take out those offensive benches that just get in the way too...
And those curbs... all they do is trip people...
Peter Pan.. why don't we make the boats hold 12 people... that line is always too long...
and we should get rid of those vending carts too.. all they do is clog up those walkways... OOOOPS.. wait.. those are revenue generating... of course don't touch those.

Your justification if lead to it's natural conclusion should mean we should just have open spaces inbetween the attractions for maximum people space.

You can see that optimization isn't always the best path... when it means sacrificing what you are and what you are trying to project.
The word of the day is, "hyperbole."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom