Casey's Corner closing for lengthy refurbishment in the new year

PhotoDave219

Hopefully they can figure out a way to queue up better, but the space is so dang limited in there, I doubt it.

Its my understanding that they have considered/are intending to (Pick one) to close up the wall and remove the seating area, extending the store that way.

Such is the rumor I heard 3 months ago.

Of course this will really mess up everyones traffic plans

Bocabear

They used to have giant hot dogs....they were a great bargain, but that changed... Still not bad if you just want something on the fly... and evidently you can get a sauerkraut and cheese sauce meal there for free! We should not even joke about that... the condiments may disappear.

willtravel

Its my understanding that they have considered/are intending to (Pick one) to close up the wall and remove the seating area, extending the store that way.

Such is the rumor I heard 3 months ago.

Of course this will really mess up everyones traffic plans
Do you mean no more tables inside of Caseys Corner?

willtravel

They used to have giant hot dogs....they were a great bargain, but that changed... Still not bad if you just want something on the fly... and evidently you can get a sauerkraut and cheese sauce meal there for free! We should not even joke about that... the condiments may disappear.
That meal is something I cannot imagine.....:eek: And then walk around WDW................:jawdrop:

Goofyernmost

At the risk of incurring more wrath then I already do, I have to say this. I think Casey's Hot Dogs suck. I have to admit though that I was born and brought up in upper, upper New York State not far from the Canadian border, where in the 50's and 60's the Michigan Red Hots were absolutely the best Hot Dogs ever sold. The had their rolls custom made and were not precut. The hot dogs were boiled and the Hamburg/chilli sauce was finely granulated and not sloppy wet, just wet enough to soak a little in the bun. The buns were steamed and placed on their sides where they were manually slit and the hot dog would sit in it like it was a boat. Onions could be buried under the hot dog to keep things neater and one lone strip of yellow mustard was put across the sauce coating. They still attempt the same thing to this day and come really close but it just isn't the same. Since that point in my life...no hot dog has ever made the grade.

The gentleman that had the best sauce unfortunately passed away a number of years ago and as far as I know took the recipe with him. I know if I had it access to it, you would see me opening a restaurant today. It was a car hop set up too, that I would also revive.

OK, jumped off the nostalgia trail and back to what is going to happen at Casey's. Due to the fact that Disney seems bent on not providing anyplace for people to sit and rest, it wouldn't surprise me if all the seating disappeared. If you want to get in the ground floor on a business opportunity set up to rent out ECV's with built in trays to used to hold food and drink.

tirian

At the risk of incurring more wrath then I already do, I have to say this. I think Casey's Hot Dogs suck. I have to admit though that I was born and brought up in upper, upper New York State not far from the Canadian border, where in the 50's and 60's the Michigan Red Hots were absolutely the best Hot Dogs ever sold. The had their rolls custom made and were not precut. The hot dogs were boiled and the Hamburg/chilli sauce was finely granulated and not sloppy wet, just wet enough to soak a little in the bun. The buns were steamed and placed on their sides where they were manually slit and the hot dog would sit in it like it was a boat. Onions could be buried under the hot dog to keep things neater and one lone strip of yellow mustard was put across the sauce coating. They still attempt the same thing to this day and come really close but it just isn't the same. Since that point in my life...no hot dog has ever made the grade.

The gentleman that had the best sauce unfortunately passed away a number of years ago and as far as I know took the recipe with him. I know if I had it access to it, you would see me opening a restaurant today. It was a car hop set up too, that I would also revive.

OK, jumped off the nostalgia trail and back to what is going to happen at Casey's. Due to the fact that Disney seems bent on not providing anyplace for people to sit and rest, it wouldn't surprise me if all the seating disappeared. If you want to get in the ground floor on a business opportunity set up to rent out ECV's with built in trays to used to hold food and drink.
Casey's once had amazing hot dogs, too. Those days ended years ago.

The Empress Lilly

Casey's Dogs DO suck. I don't understand how WDW can mess up it's junk food. When I come home drunk I still manage to make great hotdogs. How can you mess that up? Is it just Disney going for saving that last three cents on ingredients on their $7.99 hotdog?

Bairstow

Perhaps Disney's philosophy is that it shouldn't be possible for an average adult to have a filling lunch or dinner for less than $10.
A $7.50 hotdog, therefore, needs to be small enough that someone eating one will need to buy a snack later on to be satisfied.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't recall if there are any other places in WDW that has free cheese sauce and sauerkraut. With Casey's closing temporarily where would people get their free cheese sauce and sauerkraut meals? Yes, I see people ask for a plate, and fill it up with sauerkraut and top it with tons of cheese and eat it with a fork at Casey's. I also see people just have sauerkraut and relish by itself, with no cheese. Some people who like to splurge purchase just the bun by itself and make a sauerkraut and cheese sauce sandwich.

They will give you a plate? I usually just use my hands.;););)

I learn something new every time I log in here. A sauerkraut and cheese sandwich would not be my first choice. I would graze the toppings bar at Tortuga or Pecos Bills instead.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Or if recent trends continue...

soniclogo.jpg

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:hungover:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Perhaps Disney's philosophy is that it shouldn't be possible for an average adult to have a filling lunch or dinner for less than $10.
A $7.50 hotdog, therefore, needs to be small enough that someone eating one will need to buy a snack later on to be satisfied.

We split a dog and broke the rules by feeding a duckling a scrap of bun. In your face, disney!

(Please don't raise the prices now)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom