Casey Jr., Double Dumbo Unveiled !

ReganA

It looks like an after thought - if you zoom in it looks like they grouted around where the posts go into the ground. Why not just put doors on the engine so kids can't climb up into it. Steps and water are not the best combo anyways. I wondered how they would deal with climbing back when I saw the first over the wall photos, but I figured they had to have thought that out already. I hate to be negative, but that looks like poor design. The kids will still love it though.

amazingwdw

If you google "train turntable fence," you can see that, as said before, fences along engines in turntables are quite common (though not common knowledge).

Allie_Marie

The area looks great! I can't wait to go check it out! As per the fence, I can see Disney's thinking with it being the front car is more dangerous but still, the kids can climb over the fence. But no matter what little kids can trip over their own 2 feet!

RSoxNo1

So has everyone seen the REAL gem from this area? Check this out:

P03-0003.jpg

There are two "rules" on there that should never be listed under any "rules" board in any theme park. Not due to stupidity, but due to WDW maintaining themselves, or lack there of. I think you can figure out what i'm talking about here.
You mean the same sign that it's at the "Liquid Layer" locations at Epcot?
DSC00116.jpg

Or how about the old Donald's Boat?

IMG_8665.jpg

lazyboy97o

If you google "train turntable fence," you can see that, as said before, fences along engines in turntables are quite common (though not common knowledge).
Could you provide examples? Everything I see that has the fence the moving portion does not fully cover the area of the turn table. That makes sense because people could fall into the pit that hold the mechanical equipment. This though is not what we see with Casey Jr.

bandman

Sat on a bench by Liquid Layer while my family rode MS. I can't tell you how many parents started out laughing, smiling, and taking pics as their kid played in the water only to later read the warnings and jerk their kid away in horror. I told some of my post-MS queasy family members I had way more fun than they did.

bubbles1812

Sat on a bench by Liquid Layer while my family rode MS. I can't tell you how many parents started out laughing, smiling, and taking pics as their kid played in the water only to later read the warnings and jerk their kid away in horror. I told some of my post-MS queasy family members I had way more fun than they did.
That totally cracks me up. I can only imagine...I don't have little kids but I could see myself reading it and saying ok, recirculated water, well, that doesn't sound terrible. And then you read the second rule about diarrhea and realize the implications of what recirculated water means. Because you just know that rule as probably been disregarded a fair amount, as well as the one about the swim diapers. I worked as a life guard for many years and I can't tell you how many people just ignore the rule about swim diapers. People simply just don't care if little Bobby or Susie craps in the pool. And for a simple play area, I'd guess it gets disregarded even more. And what little kid hasn't swallowed water when it comes to play places like that? Yuck.

So its not even chlorinated? yuk! My two year old contracted hand, foot and mouth disease while we were in WDW in Feb, I can't wait to see what he manages to catch from Casey Jr.! :p Ah well, a challenged immune system is a healthy immune system, right?

dreamfinder

Would you rather they use only gallons and gallons and gallons of white water (clean, non recirculated/drinking type water)? Then the first drought/dry season that pops up, they need to shut down the fountains. And then you have a Spray n play zone that isn't. And then everyone on the forums complains about why Casey is shut off.

And simply because water is recirculated doesn't mean its not clean. It just means that it's not as clean/pure as the water you or I drink. The water in your pool at home is recirculated, but you shouldn't drink that for numerous reasons. Not knowing exactly what type of system they have in place, I'd still be pretty sure they have something to help kill/clean out the nasties that would gunk up the system cause mold. But odds are that someone somewhere in the USA sued a water park/fountain operator for not telling them that their precious little kid shouldn't drink the water in the fountain they were playing in while splashing in their dirty diapers.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Would you rather they use only gallons and gallons and gallons of white water (clean, non recirculated/drinking type water)? Then the first drought/dry season that pops up, they need to shut down the fountains. And then you have a Spray n play zone that isn't. And then everyone on the forums complains about why Casey is shut off.

And simply because water is recirculated doesn't mean its not clean. It just means that it's not as clean/pure as the water you or I drink. The water in your pool at home is recirculated, but you shouldn't drink that for numerous reasons. Not knowing exactly what type of system they have in place, I'd still be pretty sure they have something to help kill/clean out the nasties that would gunk up the system cause mold. But odds are that someone somewhere in the USA sued a water park/fountain operator for not telling them that their precious little kid shouldn't drink the water in the fountain they were playing in while splashing in their dirty diapers.
This.

I can not imagine that they do not have some sort of filtration and chlorination system on this feature.

wannab@dis

How dare you bring in a little logic?! :)

You can blame lawyers for that sign, not dirty water.

Vader2112

Folks...all poolwater is considered recirculated even if it is filetered! Check out the huge tanks behind Spalsh Mountain if you even have a chance! I'm sure they would not spend millions with out running it through a basic filtration system. most water in Florda that is supplied to an exterior area is what they called reclaimed water. If it is reclaimed then stay away.

alissafalco

No one is saying that they should be using Poland Spring for the fountain. What we are concerned about is the fact that this sign seems to imply that you can get very sick or catch a disease if this water gets in your mouth and that the water is dirty. I don't have a problem with recirculated water if the water is treated/filtered/ and cleaned before it is sprayed back out into childrens faces.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I had a chance to stop by MK yesterday for a few hours and made a point of heading back to see these newly unveiled components of the Storybook Circus. For those who feel compelled to complain about this area (especially those who've only seen photos), you need to spend some time on a hot summer day and see the smiles and hear the laughter from kids and adults together in the space. There were countless kids running in and out of the streams of water, a group of 5 adults were standing right in front of Casey waiting for the point where he blows his top so they'd get wet. All were smiling, all were laughing. This is exactly the experience Disney had in mind and I think they pulled it off brilliantly.

I did notice one thing that I suspect Disney might need to make an adaptation for. Large numbers of the kids were taking there shoes off and piling them at the top of the stairs before heading into the play area. It seems likely that they may need to add some sort of a shoe locker type of thing like you might see in a McDonald's Playland for the little ones to put there shoes to keep them dry.

It may not be something you personally would enjoy but I assure you there wasn't a kid around there yesterday who was not having a good time. Except for the one who walked by me as his dad told him he couldn't go in the water and get wet; he wasn't very happy.

As for the water, it is certainly recirculated just like a swimming pool is and I noted a hint of the smell of chlorine when I was there very late on Friday night. The chlorine smell surprised me a little since most pools don't use chlorine as the primary method to keep them clean but that might just be a little 'new attraction' smell since I didn't notice it yesterday.

Uncle Lupe

I hope something is in place. How often are other play areas of this type closed due to contamination? If little Timmy does drop a load how many parents are going to tell a CM?

Lucky

So it's like swimming pool water, not like water fountain water. If you avoid swimming pools to prevent illness, then you should avoid this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom