CASE act & Park live streaming

Rteetz

I'm surprised so many like vlogs of people just walking around the parks or trying the different food at Epcot. Doesn't anyone like seeing construction updates on new attractions? My favorite vlogs from the past year were the Velocicoaster updates.
People are still doing that. Everything has an audience. Many like seeing different food reviewed. Many like construction updates. Many like both, and many like neither. Construction updates also are not something that can be done constantly. Things don't always change day to day from what you can see from the outside.

Ldno

I must have
Yeah, there are positives and negatives. Some of them are pleasant enough to watch and provide updates on happenings around the parks. They are becoming more and more of a nuisance now though because everyone wants to be the next TimTracker and there are hundreds and hundreds of copycats with nothing new or interesting to bring to the table. I basically can't visit a park anymore without ending up in at least one vlog or livestream. Another issue with these copycats is they often don't respect anyone around them, it's all about them and getting the content they want.

Also, agreed, Cast Members and also other guests should not have to be put on the spot constantly to potentially be uploaded to a very popular channel. Yes, people have been filming in the parks for decades, but there's a big difference between ending up on dad's vacation VHS tape and a vlogger with 100k subscriber's YouTube channel.

This bill, though, won't affect this at all.

Also side note, this bill was tacked on to the COVID relief bill... because, you know... that's what's really important right now :rolleyes:.
I must have seen the real life AJ from Disney Food Blog at Epcot, I recognized her voice but she was walking the opposite direction, Not to mention Timtracker himself back in March at Epcot also for the festival haha

Adam the woo is the most famous one though

BUT you are right, you do see a lot of bloggers With hand held cameras all over the place trying to be the big next thing and have seen some of them do rude things to other guests, especially the one with livestream and chats as they walk and dash across the parks.

Lorne82

While I can see both sides of the debate and loudly echo the cheers for Martin’s Tribute videos, I feel badly for CMs who are filmed taking guest abuse.

For example, today Tom from the website which shall not be named streamed an argument he had with a CM (over wanting to get in a line which was cut off for capacity). The young female CM was visibly rattled from his aggressive speech and I felt very poorly that she had to be broadcast in this manner.

Personally, I feel there ought to be some sort of rules/etiquette to permit filming for historical purposes but to not film these sorts of scenarios.

dreday3

I'm surprised so many like vlogs of people just walking around the parks or trying the different food at Epcot. Doesn't anyone like seeing construction updates on new attractions? My favorite vlogs from the past year were the Velocicoaster updates.

You are always asking why people don't talk about construction updates or watch construction updates. This whole board is about construction updates! Just because people don't mention it in every single post doesn't mean they aren't interested.

I also don't see what's so hard to understand about people enjoying vlogs of other people wandering the parks. It makes you feel like you are there when you can't go there.

Believe it or not, some of us don't go every year, or even every other year! :D

Jrb1979

You are always asking why people don't talk about construction updates or watch construction updates. This whole board is about construction updates! Just because people don't mention it in every single post doesn't mean they aren't interested.

I also don't see what's so hard to understand about people enjoying vlogs of other people wandering the parks. It makes you feel like you are there when you can't go there.

Believe it or not, some of us don't go every year, or even every other year! :D
I don't go that often either. I don't really care what parks look like or want to feel I am there. The majority of vlogs I watch is rollercoaster construction updates and attraction construction. The Disney ones I find boring as outside of Tron, they hide construction from site.

The reason I like construction updates is gets me excited to go back to parks. New attractions are what draw me to amusement parks. I have no interest in going back to Disney til the all the new attractions are open. Where I will be heading to Universal for their new coaster as well as Busch Gardens for Iron Gwazi.

spock8113

As far as vloggers, most seem to go out of their way to avoid copyright background. If the parks don't want it out there than they should simply not allow cameras! Like where the Bertha Mae was tied up, a paradox.
The internet is saturated with Disney vloggers and theme park vloggers in general. At Halloween everyone vlogs the same thing at the same parks at the same time. At Christmas everyone vlogs the same thing at the same parks at the same time. When there are conventions, everyone vlogs the same thing at the same parks at the same time. Food and wine, same thing.
There's a theme here and it ain't parks!
The same thing holds true for just about every event: everyone has a camera, smartphone and just about everyone posts the same event from slightly different angles under the assumption they are the only ones to have recorded this event "for posterity" with the idea that someone from the future will want their "rare" footage for some odd reason. This is our inner journalist.
Personally I'm rather bored with theme park vlogging and seeing the same event on 40 different sites.
I've been to the parks, I've seen them in person an I've seen what they're showing.
It's vloggers who do different things that I enjoy like backroad sites, unusual destinations or events or even interview different people.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

None of which you are willing to share.
Its one thing for someone film themselves at the park to watch later for their own enjoyment. But it's entirely something else to film the park constatnly. like a daily basis, then post it on you tube and montize it, making money off a park they have aboslutley nothing to do with. Like nothing. They didn't design it, build, or are associated with it except for buying a ticket as a guest and make money off it.
There is a BIG difference between what someone like Martin on here does with his videos like his Rise of the Resistance breakdown video and what guys like Adam the Woo and Justin Scarred do. Martin's videos are more of a documentary. More for posterity and deep analysis. But guys like Adam and Justin, every time a new cookie is sold at the park they are all there like roaches filming the same thing just on their own cameras. No one has a video like Martin posted. He is not a vlogger. He is making a detailed video of something he really likes and enjoys. So that is one of my issues just filming crap to just film it and monetize the video.
Another thing is leaving super chats open. Just because you have that option does not mean you should use it. You ever listen to the Howard Stern Show? Notice how he does not have a online Howard Store where he sells just mugs, t-shirts or other novelty crap with his name on it is because he does not want to take advantage of his audience or nickel and dime them to death. But I hear ya going, "But HAPPY how is it considered taking advantage when its their option to purchase something?" well allow me to answer. People feel obligated to purchase or donate in those situations because they like the person or show etc. Knowing that and leaving the super chats open on a live stream for personal gain to me his dishonest. If you are truly just doing a you tube channel for the love of the parks then leave the super chat option off. By leaving it open you know people will donate. Its taken advantage of people's generous nature to me. And its not just to get their comments read. people will do super chats to try to get close to these people or one up another person leaving a high dollar amount super chat. I have seen those examples happen. Those are not all my issues with vloggers but some if that helps explain my point of view better.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Its one thing for someone film themselves at the park to watch later for their own enjoyment. But it's entirely something else to film the park constatnly. like a daily basis, then post it on you tube and montize it, making money off a park they have aboslutley nothing to do with. Like nothing. They didn't design it, build, or are associated with it except for buying a ticket as a guest and make money off it.
There is a BIG difference between what someone like Martin on here does with his videos like his Rise of the Resistance breakdown video and what guys like Adam the Woo and Justin Scarred do. Martin's videos are more of a documentary. More for posterity and deep analysis. But guys like Adam and Justin, every time a new cookie is sold at the park they are all there like roaches filming the same thing just on their own cameras. No one has a video like Martin posted. He is not a vlogger. He is making a detailed video of something he really likes and enjoys. So that is one of my issues just filming crap to just film it and monetize the video.
Another thing is leaving super chats open. Just because you have that option does not mean you should use it. You ever listen to the Howard Stern Show? Notice how he does not have a online Howard Store where he sells just mugs, t-shirts or other novelty crap with his name on it is because he does not want to take advantage of his audience or nickel and dime them to death. But I hear ya going, "But HAPPY how is it considered taking advantage when its their option to purchase something?" well allow me to answer. People feel obligated to purchase or donate in those situations because they like the person or show etc. Knowing that and leaving the super chats open on a live stream for personal gain to me his dishonest. If you are truly just doing a you tube channel for the love of the parks then leave the super chat option off. By leaving it open you know people will donate. Its taken advantage of people's generous nature to me. And its not just to get their comments read. people will do super chats to try to get close to these people or one up another person leaving a high dollar amount super chat. I have seen those examples happen. Those are not all my issues with vloggers but some if that helps explain my point of view better.

Thank you. I may not agree with your points, but I can now understand them.

castlecake2.0

That’s what gets me, the vloggers just come and film something that someone else made. It’s almost like going into a movie theatre and filming the movie while you add some commentary and then make money off of it

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That’s what gets me, the vloggers just come and film something that someone else made. It’s almost like going into a movie theatre and filming the movie while you add some commentary and then make money off of it

If that were legal, I am sure a lot of people would be doing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom