CASE act & Park live streaming

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’m divided on vloggers, I see it from both sides. One, it really brings a lot of enjoyment to people who can’t get there, but on the other hand sometimes they get in the way of other peoples enjoyment by setting up mini movie studios in the park(I saw one the other day where they set up a craft in liberty square, sat on the ground, and started making pilgrim hats while filming the whole thing)...

Well that is taking things to far, I would not tolerate that from any guest.

Giss Neric

No offence to ResortTV and others who might be here but I was never into vloggers who are live streaming. Who the hell has time to watch 2 to 8 hours or more of live stream anyways. Plus, the quality ain't that great either. I prefer edited vlogs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No offence to ResortTV and others who might be here but I was never into vloggers who are live streaming. Who the hell has time to watch 2 to 8 hours or more of live stream anyways. Plus, the quality ain't that great either. I prefer edited vlogs.

I am sure no one takes offense to someone not personally liking live streams, it's not everyone cup of tea. I enjoy the live streams and often have them on in the background as I do other things.

Furiated

Most park vloggers, in my opinion, make the mistake of assuming that their personalites are more interesting than the park content.

This 100%. I've been watching them a lot since the shutdown and while a lot of them do a really good job, every time they turn the camera on themselves instead of the parks I'm like Ugh, that's not what we're here for!

Epcotbob

Please be the beginning of the end of vloggers!!
Don't wish for the Gov't to remove things you personally don't like...Freedom is always the better way.

Let the vloggers and livestreamers be free to do their thing.

If they add value and bring enjoyment to people, they will grow and thrive, more power to them!

If they don't, they will diminish and disappear on their own.

Animaniac93-98

Most park vloggers, in my opinion, make the mistake of assuming that their personalites are more interesting than the park content.

With so many people covering the same content and reporting the same news, often the only thing that differentiates them is personality.

Unfortunately, not everyone has a personality as wonderful and engaging as they think.

JoeCamel

With so many people covering the same content and reporting the same news, often the only thing that differentiates them is personality.

Unfortunately, not everyone has a personality as wonderful and engaging as they think.
They only need to learn one lesson, I want to see what they see not watch them looking at stuff. They are not the subject only the players

Kman101

Just a reminder: just because you don't get the appeal, doesn't mean they don't have their place.

The reality is and I see it daily, live streams and vlogs bring thousands joy. That's something nice and I'm not going to begrudge that.

I mean, to each their own. If you don't like a vlogger and their personality, don't watch them. Someone else does and gets joy from them.

I understand many come off as entitled, which is a shame. I've never witnessed some of the 'horror' stories. They're quietly doing their thing. I guess I feel like I've picked 'the good ones' (hopefully). Just a reminder though: we see glimpses of their day, we DON'T know them. Although that's why I like live streams. You get to know someone better, sort of.

I do think live streamers with large groups can be a bit distracting. I can also understand it not being appealing to someone to hear superchat shoutouts and sponsors. I get it. So don't watch them ;) And just an FYI: literally hundreds and thousands of people watch live streams daily. There's clearly a huge audience for it even if some of you 'don't get it'.

I enjoy quite a few vloggers. Some I watch because I actually like their personality. I watch several live streamers. Sometimes some of us DO watch to see the person streaming or vlogging experience things. It's weird, I get it. I also get not everyone wants to see someone shove a Gideon's cookie in their mouth.

I love live streams in general because I can see what's happening in the parks LIVE. Wait times, crowd levels, merchandise, etc. It's great. I do tend to enjoy walkthroughs (SHOUT OUT TO 4K WDW!) with less talking but sometimes, for me, it's fun to watch people enjoy the parks. But that's me. REMINDER: We all like different things.

There are tons and tons of 'good' ones. Of course there are those in it for the wrong reasons. And to be frank, I think some of the resentment stems from jealousy over a perceived lifestyle of a vlogger.

And just an example: say you like watching Disney Parks LIVE when they show the Candlelight or fireworks, etc. That's exactly why some of us like watching live streams.

And to be honest, I can see why the 'vlogging culture' lends itself to ridicule in a way. Everyone rushing to capture the newest cupcake, etc. .. but many of them genuinely do it to share it because they know it brings joy (and they get clicks, of course, but still ...)

Also, let's not forget many of them use their platform to raise money for charity. Whether you believe they're genuine or not (I believe they are) is on you but regardless they do it and I appreciate that.

Anyway, just trying to show it from different sides.

Copyrights are nothing new, but I could tell it's been rougher in terms of background music and even animatronic shows. Not to mention you can't film PhilharMagic, etc. Nothing on a movie screen. I don't see it really impacting live streamers. Disney also partners with many of them. Live streamers and vlogging isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

kay8tch

Just a reminder: just because you don't get the appeal, doesn't mean they don't have their place.

The reality is and I see it daily, live streams and vlogs bring thousands joy. That's something nice and I'm not going to begrudge that.

I mean, to each their own. If you don't like a vlogger and their personality, don't watch them. Someone else does and gets joy from them.

I understand many come off as entitled, which is a shame. I've never witnessed some of the 'horror' stories. They're quietly doing their thing. I guess I feel like I've picked 'the good ones' (hopefully). Just a reminder though: we see glimpses of their day, we DON'T know them. Although that's why I like live streams. You get to know someone better, sort of.

I do think live streamers with large groups can be a bit distracting. I can also understand it not being appealing to someone to hear superchat shoutouts and sponsors. I get it. So don't watch them ;) And just an FYI: literally hundreds and thousands of people watch live streams daily. There's clearly a huge audience for it even if some of you 'don't get it'.

I enjoy quite a few vloggers. Some I watch because I actually like their personality. I watch several live streamers. Sometimes some of us DO watch to see the person streaming or vlogging experience things. It's weird, I get it. I also get not everyone wants to see someone shove a Gideon's cookie in their mouth.

I love live streams in general because I can see what's happening in the parks LIVE. Wait times, crowd levels, merchandise, etc. It's great. I do tend to enjoy walkthroughs (SHOUT OUT TO 4K WDW!) with less talking but sometimes, for me, it's fun to watch people enjoy the parks. But that's me. REMINDER: We all like different things.

There are tons and tons of 'good' ones. Of course there are those in it for the wrong reasons. And to be frank, I think some of the resentment stems from jealousy over a perceived lifestyle of a vlogger.

And just an example: say you like watching Disney Parks LIVE when they show the Candlelight or fireworks, etc. That's exactly why some of us like watching live streams.

And to be honest, I can see why the 'vlogging culture' lends itself to ridicule in a way. Everyone rushing to capture the newest cupcake, etc. .. but many of them genuinely do it to share it because they know it brings joy (and they get clicks, of course, but still ...)

Also, let's not forget many of them use their platform to raise money for charity. Whether you believe they're genuine or not (I believe they are) is on you but regardless they do it and I appreciate that.

Anyway, just trying to show it from different sides.

Copyrights are nothing new, but I could tell it's been rougher in terms of background music and even animatronic shows. Not to mention you can't film PhilharMagic, etc. Nothing on a movie screen. I don't see it really impacting live streamers. Disney also partners with many of them. Live streamers and vlogging isn't going anywhere.

What Kman101 said. We love going down but it's fun to follow some of the vloggers and streamers. I got turned on to them in the spring, in between a March trip that was canceled and a June trip that would never happen because of the pandemic. This year stinks and it's been fun for me to follow and see what's changed, the shenanigans, and just people having fun at a place my family loves spending time. Also, while I understand the issue with the meta tags and one of the mentioned vloggers, I love getting new suggestions on people to follow. Just a month ago I was turned on to another vlogger by seeing him mentioned in a stream and it turns out he's already one of my favorites. I am always looking for new fun follows from WDW.

Like Kman101 said, they bring people who can't be there joy. I think we all could use more of that these days.

castlecake2.0

I have decided to add the wdw couple to my no watch list as they are pushing their photography business by advertising shots they are taking of people with their masks off around the resorts. Not only is the lack of masks against Disney’s Covid guidelines, it’s also against resort rules to hire paid photographers. It especially bothered me that they’re advertising this service after so many cast in the photography department have lost their jobs, and now they come in to profit off of it.

castlecake2.0

And just saw another suggested video of two people from all ears running around pop/art doing a scavenger hunt. I get people enjoy watching this, but if i was a resort guest and had vloggers running around trying to fill content for their channel without actually even staying there id be SUPER annoyed

solidyne

And just saw another suggested video of two people from all ears running around pop/art doing a scavenger hunt. I get people enjoy watching this, but if i was a resort guest and had vloggers running around trying to fill content for their channel without actually even staying there id be SUPER annoyed
Would it be less annoying if there were non-resort guests running around but not vlogging? What if they were vlogging and walking? What if they were videoing themselves but not vlogging, just saving for private use? Would that be ok? (Provided they were walking.)

I get annoyed by any number of guest behaviors (slovenly dress, loud voices) and I really might not like it, but if it's legal and within resort regulations (and I suppose videoing someone without their permission is questionable there) the only thing I can do about it is grumble to those around me or choose not to go.

Jrb1979

I'm surprised so many like vlogs of people just walking around the parks or trying the different food at Epcot. Doesn't anyone like seeing construction updates on new attractions? My favorite vlogs from the past year were the Velocicoaster updates.

castlecake2.0

Would it be less annoying if there were non-resort guests running around but not vlogging? What if they were vlogging and walking? What if they were videoing themselves but not vlogging, just saving for private use? Would that be ok? (Provided they were walking.)

I get annoyed by any number of guest behaviors (slovenly dress, loud voices) and I really might not like it, but if it's legal and within resort regulations (and I suppose videoing someone without their permission is questionable there) the only thing I can do about it is grumble to those around me or choose not to go.
I understand what you’re saying, and as you say it’s not illegal or anything, I just find it annoying mostly because they’re using Disney as their free TV studio. I’m doing option one, grumbling about it lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom