CASE act & Park live streaming

Epcotbob

Its one thing for someone film themselves at the park to watch later for their own enjoyment. But it's entirely something else to film the park constatnly. like a daily basis, then post it on you tube and montize it, making money off a park they have aboslutley nothing to do with. Like nothing. They didn't design it, build, or are associated with it except for buying a ticket as a guest and make money off it.
There is a BIG difference between what someone like Martin on here does with his videos like his Rise of the Resistance breakdown video and what guys like Adam the Woo and Justin Scarred do. Martin's videos are more of a documentary. More for posterity and deep analysis. But guys like Adam and Justin, every time a new cookie is sold at the park they are all there like roaches filming the same thing just on their own cameras. No one has a video like Martin posted. He is not a vlogger. He is making a detailed video of something he really likes and enjoys. So that is one of my issues just filming crap to just film it and monetize the video.
Another thing is leaving super chats open. Just because you have that option does not mean you should use it. You ever listen to the Howard Stern Show? Notice how he does not have a online Howard Store where he sells just mugs, t-shirts or other novelty crap with his name on it is because he does not want to take advantage of his audience or nickel and dime them to death. But I hear ya going, "But HAPPY how is it considered taking advantage when its their option to purchase something?" well allow me to answer. People feel obligated to purchase or donate in those situations because they like the person or show etc. Knowing that and leaving the super chats open on a live stream for personal gain to me his dishonest. If you are truly just doing a you tube channel for the love of the parks then leave the super chat option off. By leaving it open you know people will donate. Its taken advantage of people's generous nature to me. And its not just to get their comments read. people will do super chats to try to get close to these people or one up another person leaving a high dollar amount super chat. I have seen those examples happen. Those are not all my issues with vloggers but some if that helps explain my point of view better.
It’s funny that you are splitting hairs over Martins videos as compared to others. They are all just filming stuff they didn’t “design or build” if that’s the measure you want to use. So you like the way Martin does his videos, great, wonderful, then watch and support them (btw, I agree his videos are awesome). I may also like the way another vlogger does theirs....so I will watch and support them. It’s just a matter of personal preference.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It’s funny that you are splitting hairs over Martins videos as compared to others. They are all just filming stuff they didn’t “design or build” if that’s the measure you want to use. So you like the way Martin does his videos, great, wonderful, then watch and support them (btw, I agree his videos are awesome). I may also like the way another vlogger does theirs....so I will watch and support them. It’s just a matter of personal preference.
BIG difference between Martin's videos and Adam the Woo and his like. It is not splitting hairs.

DisneyNeighbor

Why? They provide a service that a substantial number of people enjoy, just like anyone else who’s successful in entertainment. To wish unemployment on people, especially people whose careers are subject to a constantly changing site with inconsistent ad revenue, and especially during this time of high unemployment... that’s pretty low. If you don’t like vloggers, just don’t watch them.
Vloggers are much better than the garbage on TV!

Furiated

Tangentially related question.

I was watching a streamer (Cory Meets World) on 1/1 as they were planning to visit all 4 parks on the first day of park hopping. They started at AK and then hopped over to DHS, but it was well before 2pm. As chat people were asking how he was doing that, he said that he was gifted "special" tickets that allow park hopping before 2pm and that he actually didn't realize he was using them on the first day of regular park hopping because these tickets would have allowed it before 1/1. Then when he was in DHS, he was using the FP entry at all the rides. Again, people asked what was up, and he again said his "special" tickets that someone generously gave him allowed it.

What kind of tickets would allow all this? Is it some kind of high level CM ticket, or a Club 33 thing?

(Side note, he had to cut off the stream while at DHS and said he wouldn't be hitting the other 2 parks as planned but wouldn't say why, leading to much speculation. I wonder if he was using tickets he wasn't supposed to be using?)

Clamman73

I was watching a streamer (Cory Meets World) on 1/1 as they were planning to visit all 4 parks on the first day of park hopping. They started at AK and then hopped over to DHS, but it was well before 2pm. As chat people were asking how he was doing that, he said that he was gifted "special" tickets that allow park hopping before 2pm and that he actually didn't realize he was using them on the first day of regular park hopping because these tickets would have allowed it before 1/1. Then when he was in DHS, he was using the FP entry at all the rides. Again, people asked what was up, and he again said his "special" tickets that someone generously gave him allowed it.

What kind of tickets would allow all this? Is it some kind of high level CM ticket, or a Club 33 thing?

(Side note, he had to cut off the stream while at DHS and said he wouldn't be hitting the other 2 parks as planned but wouldn't say why, leading to much speculation. I wonder if he was using tickets he wasn't supposed to be using?)
I don‘t know but it was a little odd. For the fastpasses it’s not like he has a disability pass to use so that was odd too.

Epcotbob

Cory mentioned on Twitter that a parks official asked him to not livestream while using those tickets. He didn't say why, but probably because of the special privileges that were part of that ticket that aren't part of the normal ticket options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom