CASE act & Park live streaming

asianway

Original Poster
Streaming copyrighted material is now a felony. YouTube and the like routinely take down archived Disney Park streams due to the background music, but will they start clamping down tighter on the “creators” instead of simply deleting?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Streaming copyrighted material is now a felony. YouTube and the like routinely take down archived Disney Park streams due to the background music, but will they start clamping down tighter on the “creators” instead of simply deleting?

I think it would do more harm then good. If they wanted to crack down on streamers they could have done it already. The music that the streams are getting taken down for is normally no Disney music.

asianway

Original Poster
I think it would do more harm then good. If they wanted to crack down on streamers they could have done it already. The music that the streams are getting taken down for is normally no Disney music.
The penalties would now be stiffer for YouTube, I’m not sure they want the trouble

No Name

Please be the beginning of the end of vloggers!!

Why? They provide a service that a substantial number of people enjoy, just like anyone else who’s successful in entertainment. To wish unemployment on people, especially people whose careers are subject to a constantly changing site with inconsistent ad revenue, and especially during this time of high unemployment... that’s pretty low. If you don’t like vloggers, just don’t watch them.

dreamfinder

Shouldn't impact vloggers at all. It focuses on people doing things like streaming PPV events or movies. Technically vloggers add "value" either through their commentary, or what they actually do on the stream. Now they may need to cut out/mute live audio from shows and such, but that is yet to be seen.

asianway

Original Poster
Shouldn't impact vloggers at all. It focuses on people doing things like streaming PPV events or movies. Technically vloggers add "value" either through their commentary, or what they actually do on the stream. Now they may need to cut out/mute live audio from shows and such, but that is yet to be seen.
My post is specifically referring to the background music component of the streams

castlecake2.0

Why? They provide a service that a substantial number of people enjoy, just like anyone else who’s successful in entertainment. To wish unemployment on people, especially people whose careers are subject to a constantly changing site with inconsistent ad revenue, and especially during this time of high unemployment... that’s pretty low. If you don’t like vloggers, just don’t watch them.
I’m divided on vloggers, I see it from both sides. One, it really brings a lot of enjoyment to people who can’t get there, but on the other hand sometimes they get in the way of other peoples enjoyment by setting up mini movie studios in the park(I saw one the other day where they set up a craft in liberty square, sat on the ground, and started making pilgrim hats while filming the whole thing) also from a cm perspective, I didn’t personally enjoy being filmed during an entire dinner service while serving a blogging couple...

so I guess what I’m saying is I don’t know what I feel lol

Tom Morrow

I’m divided on vloggers, I see it from both sides. One, it really brings a lot of enjoyment to people who can’t get there, but on the other hand sometimes they get in the way of other peoples enjoyment by setting up mini movie studios in the park(I saw one the other day where they set up a craft in liberty square, sat on the ground, and started making pilgrim hats while filming the whole thing) also from a cm perspective, I didn’t personally enjoy being filmed during an entire dinner service while serving a blogging couple...

Yeah, there are positives and negatives. Some of them are pleasant enough to watch and provide updates on happenings around the parks. They are becoming more and more of a nuisance now though because everyone wants to be the next TimTracker and there are hundreds and hundreds of copycats with nothing new or interesting to bring to the table. I basically can't visit a park anymore without ending up in at least one vlog or livestream. Another issue with these copycats is they often don't respect anyone around them, it's all about them and getting the content they want.

Also, agreed, Cast Members and also other guests should not have to be put on the spot constantly to potentially be uploaded to a very popular channel. Yes, people have been filming in the parks for decades, but there's a big difference between ending up on dad's vacation VHS tape and a vlogger with 100k subscriber's YouTube channel.

This bill, though, won't affect this at all.

Also side note, this bill was tacked on to the COVID relief bill... because, you know... that's what's really important right now :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

DisneyNittany

I have no clue when I'll get back down to WDW, so I appreciate the vloggers. However, I'm more of a fan of channels like 4K WDW and the POV walkthroughs. I'm an early bird (usually up with the dog no latter than 6am) and with a baby one the way, I don't see that changing. I'm also an unapologetic advocate for weed, and as Charlie Daniels once sang "Well, I get stoned in the morning...". So, I cherish my weekend mornings when I'm up before the sun and can hit the vape and "escape" to WDW and feel like I'm there (I also suffer from severe anxiety, so this really helps after a long work week) hahhaha.

Also, I've never actually encountered or had an issue with vloggers in the parks. That could be because I'm more focused on a scooter rupturing my Achilles or the self-entitled/clueless pricks (you know, the same people who truck sticked the elderly and boarded the plane when First Class was called despite being Zone 4 because THEIR carry-ons are more important than anyone else's...the same people who stop at the top of an escalator to figure out where to go next) and trying to avoid them.

JoeCamel

Careful what you wish for.... we certainly don’t want to lose Martins tribute videos!

I know he’s not a vlogger and it’s not a live stream but one thing leads to another sometimes...
Somehow I cannot equate Martin's Vids with 99% of what I see. Those other people are desperate for content while Martin provides context and content for all. to enjoy

dreday3

Vloggers (I only actually watch 2) are getting me through this pandemic, I'm living vicariously through them!

Also - 4K WDW - fantastic videos if you don't want to hear anyone talking. Literally just walks through the parks and you just hear the sounds around of everything. And the videos are nice and long too, almost an hour sometimes! I pour a glass of wine on a Saturday afternoon and tour the parks!

JoeCamel

Vloggers (I only actually watch 2) are getting me through this pandemic, I'm living vicariously through them!

Also - 4K WDW - fantastic videos if you don't want to hear anyone talking. Literally just walks through the parks and you just hear the sounds around of everything. And the videos are nice and long too, almost an hour sometimes! I pour a glass of wine on a Saturday afternoon and tour the parks!
Try it with a VR headset on

Squishy

Thing is people that stream/illegally share content don't usually host these things inside the United States which is why this 'law' doesn't make sense. Most movies that are illegally distributed are usually using the torrent technology or hosted in some other country that could careless about some law or dmca request from the US. I mean sure once in a while they'll find a stupid one but usually nah..

JoeCamel

Thing is people that stream/illegally share content don't usually host these things inside the United States which is why this 'law' doesn't make sense. Most movies that are illegally distributed are usually using the torrent technology or hosted in some other country that could careless about some law or dmca request from the US. I mean sure once in a while they'll find a stupid one but usually nah..
It plays well to the voters back home to say "I fought against this"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom