Carsland Thread

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Quote by nemofinder22:

"Word on the street— or should I say track— is that it’s almost finished. The track for the new Radiator Springs Racers ride at DCA’s Carsland, that is. Construction crews are currently laying the final components of the track, so that the course reportedly will be ready to accommodate its first test vehicle in less than two weeks.

Heavy machinery is already in place to begin forming the elaborate rockwork and show buildings that envelop the course, but—especially considering the problems with the twists, turns, high tech, and high speeds of its predecessor, Epcot’s Test Track, and its convoluted cousin, Disneyland’s Rocket Rods—you can’t blame the Imagineers for wanting to run tests as early in the process as possible."

There is absoloutely no way Radiator Springs Racers is related to the Rocket Rods. You should have said that Journey to the Center of the Earth was its cousin, not Rocket Rods.

Whoa there... I forgot the link to where that quote came from. Perhaps take the issue up with David Koenig the original poster of that info/
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=653

sponono88

looks like a testing vehicle has arrived at the track

largepics29.jpg

largepics30.jpg

pictures by MiceChat's In The Parks

sponono88

I saw that on my last visit to the Cellar :) pretty cool that they continue to add these behind-the-scenes updates for the fans

CIMG5494.jpg

a closer look at the track

CIMG5496.jpg

-photos by redjag

susan5027

Uh-oh! Does this mean in a few short months (or less) we won't be able to see the construction taking place?????:eek: All of these great photos of Carsland taken from the top of MFW may be coming to an end.:cry:

sponono88

^ Yep, WDI is being very tricky.. the first mountains going up = helps block out the views of all the construction!

Here's John Lasseter at the construction site - he definitely looks excited for Cars Land ;)

859077224_xCzDs-L.jpg

859084395_mMpCx-L.jpg

859085947_LBBJd-L.jpg

TP2000

construction update for CarsLand -- the steel frame work is getting a lot bigger!

851829859_Sd3hV-L.jpg

That picture does a pretty good job of illustrating how Cars Land rockwork is going to block a lot of the visual intrusions out for DCA. You can see the top of a Harbor Blvd. hotel through the steel frame, and once the rocks are there it will disappear.

This section of the parade route looking into Pacific Wharf offers a lot of examples of that with Katella and Harbor hotels. This picture barely illustrates it, but there are much worse views of the outside world in DCA that are lining up directly behind steel frames for rockwork.

That means the views of cheesy hotels on Harbor go away once the rocks arrive, and the entire park is better for it.

dweezil78

Car is looking nice! Crazy to see a real deal one out in the open so far ahead of launch.

Not to stir up any trouble, but can I ask an honest question here? Aside from the fact that this will be new and rather large attraction, is anyone truly excited for it? I mean, the best we can hope for is a shiny red car on a track ala Test Track that goes through some cool rock work with some Cars AA's, right? Has anyone heard if there's anything more to this?

With Harry Potter about to open on the other side of the country, doesn't this come across old news before it's even done?

sponono88

^ Where'd you get the impression that people aren't excited for this? Not sure if you were kidding or not but there will definitely be more to the ride than rocks and a couple AAs. If you're not hearing a lot right now it's because the ride is still more than two years away from opening.

Nicole220

Car is looking nice! Crazy to see a real deal one out in the open so far ahead of launch.

Not to stir up any trouble, but can I ask an honest question here? Aside from the fact that this will be new and rather large attraction, is anyone truly excited for it? I mean, the best we can hope for is a shiny red car on a track ala Test Track that goes through some cool rock work with some Cars AA's, right? Has anyone heard if there's anything more to this?

With Harry Potter about to open on the other side of the country, doesn't this come across old news before it's even done?
I'm excited. I mean, it's not like my WoC excitement, but I enjoy Test Track so I know I'll enjoy this.

I think people are hyping it up a bit too much right now. I've been reading some of the posts over on MiceChat...I feel like they're going to be let down (like with the Nemo Subs) when this debuts. They're so excited now, but ultimately, it's going to be something very similar to Test Track, and I don't think they'll like it. Their comments will probably be similar to yours...Test Track with rockwork and Cars AA's. I could be wrong, though.

dweezil78

I never got the impression that people weren't excited...that's why I was asking. I myself am excited at the fact we're getting an original, new major attraction at DCA. BUT, has anyone heard anything that would suggest this will be anything more than an updated Test Track w/ a Cars overlay on it? Does that honestly excite you to think of it in those terms?

I guess I just have a habit of not setting my expectations too high with Disney these days. Very hard for me to see Universal doing groundbreaking work and not see the mouse reciprocate. I'm sure thematically this will be stellar work and beautiful to look at, but ultimately will it be innovative and will it and dazzle guests who try to figure out how the Imagineering team accomplished it all??

To me, the Harry Potter attraction ride looks to do all of that and more -- but do you get a sense from the Cars attraction that it's going to do the same? Maybe it's too early to tell, so I'll have to wait and see I suppose. :)

Nicole220

I never got the impression that people weren't excited...that's why I was asking. I myself am excited at the fact we're getting an original, new major attraction at DCA. BUT, has anyone heard anything that would suggest this will be anything more than an updated Test Track w/ a Cars overlay on it? Does that honestly excite you to think of it in those terms?

I guess I just have a habit of not setting my expectations too high with Disney these days. Very hard for me to see Universal doing groundbreaking work and not see the mouse reciprocate. I'm sure thematically this will be stellar work and beautiful to look at, but ultimately will it be innovative and will it and dazzle guests who try to figure out how the Imagineering team accomplished it all??

To me, the Harry Potter attraction ride looks to do all of that and more -- but do you get a sense from the Cars attraction that it's going to do the same? Maybe it's too early to tell, so I'll have to wait and see I suppose. :)
My opinion and view on this: The ride layout is going to be similar to TT. Same kind of vehicle, same "plot"- drive around and then go really really fast at the end. But instead of a car testing company, we're going to be hanging out with everyone from Cars. Like Indy in Cali and Dinosaur in AK. Same vehicle and ride layout, different stories.

Knowing that, I'm still excited for it. Like you said, it's something new, and we're getting it first. Of course, I could be wrong. We still have 2 years till it opens. A whooole lot can change. But that's how I view this new attraction. I could be wrong and it could end up being something totally different from TT.

sponono88

The ride layout will be different than TT. In RSR, the race portion of the ride will feature a duel-track layout with two cars racing side by side. Also, at one point during the ride the track splits up and you will either enter Luigi's Casa Della Tires or Ramone's House of Body Art. The ride is supposed to feature randomized elements to make it different each time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom