News Cars-Themed Expansion at Magic Kingdom

Brian

You guys know how there's always one thing that puts you over the edge? The straw that broke the camel's back.

This one is mine. This is unforgivable. The justification of it fitting into the existing land is somehow worse than Chapek's of Cosmic Rewind ("Peter Quill visited EPCOT as a kid"). This is the greatest desecration of Magic Kingdom in its history, and keep in mind Cinderella Castle was once turned into a giant Pepto Bismol cake, and later covered in toilet paper.

The company that announced this is simply not the same company as the one that invented the theme park, and is not deserving of the legacy that got it to this place.

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
When they said "Beyond Big Thunder" was going to be a big deal.., well..., it's a bit disappointing, it'll be an unnecessary addition to the Magic Kingdom and the skyline of Frontierland, that I'd wished they would considered both The Owl House and The Nightmare Before Christmas for this instead, sure they would be as unnecesary, but at least they wouldn't ruin the skyline of FL and are IPs that either are only used seasonally to none at all like all of Disney TV Animation's other shows, and they both have Fall/Halloween vibes
images.jpegScreenshot 2024-08-11 12.06.40 AM.png

On the other hand, at least it's not a lazy copy and paste Radiator Springs Racers clone

SteamboatJoe

You guys know how there's always one thing that puts you over the edge? The straw that broke the camel's back.

This one is mine. This is unforgivable. The justification of it fitting into the existing land is somehow worse than Chapek's of Cosmic Rewind ("Peter Quill visited EPCOT as a kid"). This is the greatest desecration of Magic Kingdom in its history, and keep in mind Cinderella Castle was once turned into a giant Pepto Bismol cake, and later covered in toilet paper.

The company that announced this is simply not the same company as the one that invented the theme park, and is not deserving of the legacy that got it to this place.
Can't say I'm surprised. It has been pretty evident for a while that the traditional cowboy themeing of Frontierland was going to get phased out.

Brian

Can't say I'm surprised. It has been pretty evident for a while that the traditional cowboy themeing of Frontierland was going to get phased out.
Indeed. In fact, I've personally been sitting on this project (sans the "justification" Josh used in the presentation) for a hot minute. I've had time to ruminate on this announcement and just can't get over the gall.

By all means, if they must IPify the parks, do it. But put Frontierland out of its misery and call it something else. Frontierland (along with Adventureland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and Main Street) all mean something real because of the Disneyland television show and how Walt brought them to life through real (and fantastic) world connections. They're not to be trifled with for the sake of appeasing toddlers. The only consolation in that regard is that these lands in Disneyland have, by and large, been left alone for now.

Last edited:

co10064

Premium Member
This is extremely disappointing.

On the one hand, a new attraction is better than no attraction (I guess…?).

On the other hand, a move like this just proves how far Disney has come, and not in a good way.

This is a move I wouldn’t even expect from Universal (no offense). This is like regional theme park type stuff. This is on par with Pixar Pier or San Fransokyo for me.

Cars should’ve been a DHS experience, or at the very least, its own, segmented land in Magic Kingdom (think Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland)—not some weird add on to Frontierland.

Sorcerer Mickey

This is extremely disappointing.

On the one hand, a new attraction is better than no attraction (I guess…?).

On the other hand, a move like this just proves how far Disney has come, and not in a good way.

This is a move I wouldn’t even expect from Universal (no offense). This is like regional theme park type stuff. This is on par with Pixar Pier or San Fransokyo for me.

Cars should’ve been a DHS experience, or at the very least, its own, segmented land in Magic Kingdom (think Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland)—not some weird add on to Frontierland.
Hard disagree. There are no IP-specific lands in Magic Kingdom. They don't belong. And if it's going to happen, please don't start with cars!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom