News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Wait, so they want to spend literally hundreds of millions of dollars to avoid a couple hundred thousand dollar refurb on a boat?
It's a lot more expensive than a couple hundred thousand dollars, and let's not forget about how expensive the rivers upkeep is. Besides, the riverboat and TSI don't bring in enough capacity to make the company money, and so they are actively losing money on both the maintenance and staffing costs. Not to mention, it's a much better investment to slap multiple E ticket attractions, gift shops, and restaurants in that space.

Will the riverboat be dragged back stage to rot in the Florida sun?

I heard they were going to send the riverboat to Paris for the theme park there.
I don't know what their plans are for the riverboat, but it would make sense for them to scrap it for parts, and fix the Mark Twain in DLP. But at the same time, I don't think it makes financial sense for there to be more than one riverboat in DLP.

Disstevefan1

I don't know what their plans are for the riverboat, but it would make sense for them to scrap it for parts, and fix the Mark Twain in DLP. But at the same time, I don't think it makes financial sense for there to be more than one riverboat in DLP.
So DLP should have a river and riverboat and WDW should not?

Interesting.

I still think Iger wants to damage MK so it loses the most visited title.

I truly think Iger hates Florida/WDW.

Just my opinion ;)

KDM31091

I watched a great video today about the mistake of ripping out the river. The problem is that Disney seems to think everything needs to be an E ticket now or else it needs to go. Which, in their eyes, means more and more LL revenue. Fewer people visiting "unpopular" attractions like TSI, Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse, Carousel of Progress...I feel like nothing is safe. All are at risk of being replaced with something "more popular" that can sell LLs. Disney doesn't seem to understand that a variety of attractions are integral to the park. It's why Hollywood suffers so much. Not enough non-headliner attractions/diversions.

JSouth25

I watched a great video today about the mistake of ripping out the river. The problem is that Disney seems to think everything needs to be an E ticket now or else it needs to go. Which, in their eyes, means more and more LL revenue. Fewer people visiting "unpopular" attractions like TSI, Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse, Carousel of Progress...I feel like nothing is safe. All are at risk of being replaced with something "more popular" that can sell LLs. Disney doesn't seem to understand that a variety of attractions are integral to the park. It's why Hollywood suffers so much. Not enough non-headliner attractions/diversions.
I assume you’re talking about Poseidon Entertainment’s video that released today, I enjoyed it a lot too if you are. I’ll link it here if people want to check it out.

EricsBiscuit

I want this river to be saved more than anybody here, but you guys aren't getting it. The whole purpose of this "expansion" is to fill in the river. This is because the riverboat itself is on its last legs, and the company doesn't want to spend the money to restore it. In the unlikely scenario this expansion gets cancelled, the government will eventually deem the riverboat unsafe, and Disney will drain the river, and put up construction walls until they can figure out what to do with it.
This is simply not true. They extensively refurbished it just a few years ago. It’s also well maintained.

This is simply not true. They extensively refurbished it just a few years ago. It’s also well maintained.
All the boat got was a new boiler. The steam cylinders are leaking, the exhaust pipes are nearly clogged, the structure itself is riddled with cracks, and the delivery pipes are leaking. Disney has more than enough money to fix these issues, but they won't because they don't see the boat as a good investment. The maintenance team is doing the best they can with what they have available. I'm sorry that you all don't want to hear this, but it's the truth.

Gusey

The big issue Disney has with the land behind Big Thunder is how do you get guests there? Before D23, we were speculating that they'd shrink the river to make that land accessible. It seems that it was easier to close the river rather than shorten it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom