News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Dear Prudence

There was some guy on Twitter who wrote a Victor Hugo novel of a Tweet (in re: ROA), like literally 5 paragraphs, grandstanding about how the riverboats displaced Native people (this person is not Native), but....didn't name a single Native Nation, just said, "Native Americans," or "THE Native Americans."

You can't name a single Nation, dude.

Lol, who was that for?! 🤣

UNCgolf

To be fair, this entire pair of attractions could easily be rethemed by reshaping the crest of the mountain, swapping out the ride vehicles, and doing a smattering of other cosmetic things. It doesn’t feel terribly locked into the IP.

Yeah, except it would probably have to be changed into something generic without an IP nexus -- and I don't envision that happening.

doctornick

View attachment 808735
Another potential solution: Turn the island into a peninsula, which would allow guests to walk onto it any time they wanted. Dock the Liberty Belle permanently either at its loading station or by Tiana's. Preserve the beautiful views of main TSI and the rivers.

This is what I would suggest. They can even put bridges across to the island to connect it from the "main" part of Frontierland and Liberty Sq.

Heck, they can even do this and remove all the stuff from TSI (caves, bridges, etc) and make it part of Cars. It would still be better than the plans they released.

JohnD

I had the same thought! The current concept doesn’t rule this out… I’m hopeful that they plan to save the northern loop of ROA. It would allow big thunder to remain on the water front and they could dock the belle just west of the haunted mansion in a new small extension of liberty square which would transition to villains…

View attachment 808700
That's my hope. FIFY. Showing the walkway continuing around the new southern end of ROA and up into a potential Villain's Land.

IMG_0734.jpeg

Last edited:

DarkMetroid567

The root issue isn’t replacement. It’s a complete ignoring of context. This project is not actually responding the fundamental design and organization of Liberty Square and Frontierland. It’s a McMansion being plopped into an old neighborhood.
It’s funny seeing these arguments in these threads, because the insistence of “neighborhood character” and attempts to stop development is why cities across the world are in a housing crisis.

MaximumEd

It could be. The big problem with the river and island as relaxing space is that you still have to PLAN to enjoy it. Whether that's just jumping in line, or planning it around your LL returns or what have you, you can't enjoy the space spontaneously. If they can build a relaxing space that allows people to wander in and discover it on their own, it might be better.
That makes absolutely no sense. You don’t have to plan to stop and enjoy a quiet place in a theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom