News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

DisCOT_97

This is the most garbage hair brained decision of modern day, and we just went through the Epcot fiasco. Can’t believe they’re taking away the most charming, peaceful and picturesque atmosphere for more concrete and cars that go zoom zoom in FRONTIERLAND of all places. And to anyone calling on fans to “get over nostalgia and accept change”, congratulations you’re thinking just like the soulless executives who run this company. You also missed what makes Disney a theme park and not just a bunch of rides slapped together.

JD80

The Rivers of America is part of the water management system. It is effectively no different than any of the water out back. All of that water has to be replaced somewhere else. They also need to add capacity for all of this new land. They’re actually doubling up on some of the water diverting work required.

Yes but that can be done with drainage which is expensive. Actually diverting canals outside the berm is even more expensive.

erasure fan1

They only wanted to prevent boos and booing and revolt reaction from the crowd to be documented. This also begs to question with Monster's Inc Land not revealing the location of that either is it because of a revolt reaction if it were to replace Muppets Courtyard and not go to Animation Courtyard.(?)
I think you are correct. I posted the same thing in the monsters thread about 20min ago. I absolutely think that's why we didn't get any locations. They wanted to keep everything super positive.

Chef idea Mickey`=

This have been a huge win if it was north of BTM and Villans land between Cars and HM plus behind HM.

Getting rid of ROA is either or a cost or political play.

Sadly, even Epic Universe will now have more water than the MK. Heck all of the Universal Parks will!
Iger is allergic to water 💧

Fountain of Nations ✔️
Tom Sawyer Island ✏️
Echo Lake 2027
World Showcase Lagoon 2029
Animal Kingdom 2030

SplashJacket

Tom Bricker with a good take as always.

This block especially stands out

“Beyond that, instead of being singularly fixated on increasing capacity, I wish Walt Disney World would endeavor to eliminate stress. When it comes to this, there are the usual suspects–screen time, lines, ride breakdowns, etc. But another one is offering up lovely places to decompress that bring smiles to the faces of guests.

Some of those decision-makers should go inside one of the massive Magic Kingdom quick-service restaurants during the middle of the day and count all of the people not eating anything. Just sitting there with their heads on the tables or attempting to ‘rest and recharge’ in about the most chaotic environment possible. (Nothing says ‘recharging’ quite like the midday rush at Pinocchio Village Haus!)

I’m not kidding. One important goal should be getting these people out of the loud and unpleasant restaurants and into actual serene spaces that offer nice ambiance and actually will allow them to mentally refuel for a brief bit. Walt Disney World needs to understand that Magic Kingdom is a world-class theme park, and those two words have meanings beyond just the fanciest and most modern rides. There should be a concerted effort to not just keeping it a “park” but enhancing that angle. It may not be captured on guest satisfaction surveys, but it’s as big a part of what separates Disney from an average amusement park as the envelope-pushing attractions.”

Mike S

I had the same thought! The current concept doesn’t rule this out… I’m hopeful that they plan to save the northern loop of ROA. It would allow big thunder to remain on the water front and they could dock the belle just west of the haunted mansion in a new small extension of liberty square which would transition to villains…

View attachment 808700
If this is what they do I think it would’ve been better to keep the loop up front and put cars in the back half of the river.

wdrive

Maybe early days and I’ll get over it, but at the moment it feels like this is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. The parks just aren’t what I fell in love with and became a fan of anymore. Theme and atmosphere be damned, let’s just get the hottest IPs in anywhere.

I could write for hours how the Rivers of America is integral to the Magic Kingdom. I have a trip coming up next month, I’ll be sure to spend plenty of time by the river. I cannot say for certain I’ll be back.

Kamikaze

Theme parks historically were parklike, and the park-aspects of them are much of what makes them attractive places to spend time.

Removing heat dissipating and shade providing natural areas and replacing with concrete and rock work will both elevate the temperature and remove places for people to take breaks from the sun.
Because it was cheaper. Not because it was 'attractive'.

Fenway PARK isn't called that because its 'natural'.

Chef idea Mickey`=

A huge overall downgrade to the park experience.
The ones in California company isn't thrilled of WDW getting love a new nighttime parade, Encanto, Monster's Inc Land.

They are telling you, you want Villains and better you'll pay the price. It's no wonder there are almost 4 Frozen Lands around the World but only 1 Cars Land in California all this Time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom