News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

You know exactly what I meant. Obviously it isn’t 0 riders per hour. But when an attraction usually operates at about 15% of its designed capacity think it’s fair to say nobody is riding.
You have no data to back this claim up. None. Not to mention the LB affects every single guest who sees it. It’s what they call “atmosphere.” One of the things that elevates Disney above the competition. Where else can you see a daily operating riverboat? Maybe NOL or St Louis?

peter11435

High cost? It takes 4 CMs to operate! A little bit of water, biofuel and some oil. Not “high maintenance“ at all. Saying nobody rides it is also obviously wrong and a lazy attempt at hyperbole.
Saying the riverboat is “not high maintenance at all” is absurdly incorrect.

Obviously some people are riding the boat. But it’s a tiny fraction of that the boat was designed to accommodate. It’s much closer to 0 than it is to what it should be.

peter11435

That's not what he's asking and I think you know that. He's asking what is the number of people the Liberty Bell is designed to carry. Not the percent but the actual number of people.
He clearly already knows that number because he’s used it for his math. The boats capacity is not secret.

Disone

He clearly already knows that number because he’s used it for his math. The boats capacity is not secret.
I think that was very much the point, yes. He was challenging you to use real numbers and not percentages and you did not. Indicating that you may not have known what the actual numbers/ "facts" are even though you doubled down and said you did.

For me the numbers don't matter. What matters is atmosphere. The rivers of America are the last major body of water in the Magic Kingdom. Jungle Cruise doesn't count cuz you can't really see it. In the moat I don't consider major. Water adds life. Water adds atmosphere. Water adds aesthetics. And magic Kingdom is losing a huge chunk of its atmosphere, life, and aesthetics with the loss of the rivers of America. It's not just about the numbers. It never has been. If it was then close the tiki room, should have closed and not revamped the country bears. Time to get rid of Hall of presidents, Mickey's Philharmagic needs to go.... There is nothing wrong with keeping attractions that do not draw in more than their hourly capacity.

More than that without the rivers of America, Magic Kingdom becomes a little bit more of a concrete flatland.

peter11435

I think that was very much the point, yes. He was challenging you to use real numbers and not percentages and you did not. Indicating that you may not have known what the actual numbers/ "facts" are even though you doubled down and said you did.
The riverboats capacity is not a secret. It’s publicly known. Even if I didn’t know what the actual numbers are I should definitely know the capacity which is easily accessible to anyone.

James Alucobond

You can literally just put “Disney Liberty Belle capacity” into Google and get an info card with the stats without having to click into anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom