News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

No Name

It’s likely not going into the back of Frontierland but rather the very center of it.
Hence the negative comments.

Who is “the average park visitor”? - Disney appeals to such a wide demographic it’s silly to speak negatively towards those that show extra interest by being a member of a fan community…. Which you yourself are too so maybe you’re not the best judge either? Haha
Well, I’m not the one arguing that there are much better ideas than Cars… which is a cute franchise that kids love, has proven successful in a park already, and involves exploration of the American west in the spirit of Frontierland. Maybe I’m not the best judge either, but I’m not doing such negative judging…

Movielover

So apparently the ride vehicle concept art was just leaked online.

Cars Attraction Leak.png
;)

TimeDuck

Wonder if it's a blend of this ride in italy with a trackless/automated component. Feels too ambitious for the kind of rider capacity they're probably aiming for but I'm stumped as to what this could possibly be if it isn't TT/RSR.

TimeDuck

I'm a California native with next to no love for the Cars franchise but an excess of it for the DCA land - the initial rumors had me bemoaning the homogenization of all the parks.

I'm beyond ecstatic that this isn't a Radiator Springs clone and the concept art looks enormously ambitious. I'm genuinely excited to see what this will be, which is an exponential upgrade over dreading it.

The future looks bright. I have an incredible amount of faith in this regime.

Now lets cross our fingers against a world ending recession.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Any potential benefit would be very slim with a huge list of downsides.

If it's truly "off-road" and not paved then the constant wear and tear of the vehicles would require insane maintenance to ensure a suitable and safe surface, especially considering the continuous Florida rain.

If it's fake "off-road" then there are zero benefits to making it autonomous and non-guided.

Just to be clear, I know it won't be running on true "off-road" dirt paths, that would be a maintenance nightmare. It would have to be a hard surface made to look like dirt.

GenChi

For anyone wondering why they went this route instead of bringing Radiator Spring's the town, Cars Land along with it, do any of you think it's because it may be odd standing in the land and then you hear the ship and the railroad chiming and honking from not so far by away... or wouldn't we care? Does this "frontier wilderness expedition makes it fit that the noise will make it well this makes superb sense."...

The main reason is they want each domestic resort to start having exclusive offerings so that people are encouraged to visit both resorts across the country. If they are dipping into an IP twice for each resort, they'll want each ride experience to be different. You can see also with the presentations for Indiana Jones, Avatar, etc they really emphasized different theming or storyline or systems so that it's an entirely different ride and experience. The same here for Cars in a different setting and with a different ride system. That's so people just don't say they been to it already, if you're fans of these properties you're encouraged to head to the other resort as well to see something new

So at least under this leadership, if a ride is announced for California or Florida it will not be ported over to the other park (Tiana being the one exception due to unique circumstances), if the IP is brought over it'll be different. They'd be fine porting from Paris to Florida but not California to Florida

Tha Realest

The main reason is they want each domestic resort to start having exclusive offerings so that people are encouraged to visit both resorts across the country. If they are dipping into an IP twice for each resort, they'll want each ride experience to be different. You can see also with the presentations for Indiana Jones, Avatar, etc they really emphasized different theming or storyline or systems so that it's an entirely different ride and experience. The same here for Cars in a different setting and with a different ride system. That's so people just don't say they been to it already, if you're fans of these properties you're encouraged to head to the other resort as well to see something new

So at least under this leadership, if a ride is announced for California or Florida it will not be ported over to the other park (Tiana being the one exception due to unique circumstances), if the IP is brought over it'll be different. They'd be fine porting from Paris to Florida but not California to Florida
I also wonder if they’ve come to the realization - after building multiple clones of rides, sometimes at the same time - the variable headaches aren’t worth the supposed cost savings (which gets eaten up). Can’t imagine the ROTR or TBA buildouts were relatively cost friendly, given the delivery and operational problems at the outset.

KDM31091

I am hearing the Rivers are likely to shrink or disappear for this. Which is sad. Yes the E ticket hyped up attractions are important, but so are the charming, relaxing attractions that add atmosphere. And they are paving over a classic river/riverboat area for another rush rush rush congested area with people packed like sardines. They’re stripping the charm from the park.

lentesta

Premium Member
I am 100% fine with Rivers of America going away for Cars Land:
  • Tom Sawyer Island and the Mark Twain Riverboat still exist in Disneyland
  • There's no clear "how to improve these" plan with those two attractions
  • Haunted Mansion's going to be the entrance to Villains Land anyway
  • It allows Disney to drop the Liberty Square concept for something else
That means Hall of Presidents goes away too. And that's also okay. It's the lowest-rated attraction in Walt Disney World for many age groups. It's politically charged. There's no path forward for the attraction as it is.

That said, if they wanted to do The Muppets American History show, I would love that.

doctornick

I am 100% fine with Rivers of America going away for Cars Land:
  • Tom Sawyer Island and the Mark Twain Riverboat still exist in Disneyland
  • There's no clear "how to improve these" plan with those two attractions
  • Haunted Mansion's going to be the entrance to Villains Land anyway
  • It allows Disney to drop the Liberty Square concept for something else
That means Hall of Presidents goes away too. And that's also okay. It's the lowest-rated attraction in Walt Disney World for many age groups. It's politically charged. There's no path forward for the attraction as it is.

That said, if they wanted to do The Muppets American History show, I would love that.

This all sounds particularly terrible to me. Especially losing HoP and Liberty Square. I love that you have connections, but I am really hoping you are completely wrong in all of this.

JD80

I love the Hall of Presidents.
I haven't been since 2017.
🤷‍♂️

I just don't seen how they get away from Liberty Square unless they just expand the "haunted village" where the transition starts in the current area and matches the design elements as you go in to Villains Land.

I can also see some wooded areas where the river is now so you can transition from haunted forest to "western/mountain" regions like in the northwest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom