News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

rtmachine

I’m actually quite concerned about the future of the railroad. Every reason that exists for getting rid of the riverboat exists for the railroad and often more. It takes more staff to operate - and much more in maintenance since there are a total of 4 locomotives.
I don't think the railroad needs to close, there is already a pretty good size overpass of the tracks and the water behind fantasy land.
Both new lands should be using that

Brer Panther

or experience for themselves just how tough it is to be a bug in a one-of-a-kind show.”
Okay, with all the debate whether or not Cars fits in Frontierland... could we at least agree that it fits better than A Bug's Life?
There were also proposals to get Jay Ward characters in small world
Wait, what? Someone suggested adding Rocky and Bullwinkle to "it's a small world"?

rtmachine

Did they actually say the boat was leaving or just the ROA...the art work shows the loading area, maybe a small hope of it being left as a stationary prop...nah nevermind

CraftyFox

Many ways to accommodate the riverboat as well.
I am under the impression that the Riverboat is a logistical nightmare due to the fact it was built as a working 19th century replica. The second boat was already destroyed in a dry docking accident in the 80s. Unlike Disneyland, it needs to be taken out of the Rivers of America via a series of elaborate dams every few years. For that to happen it apparently needs stay on its current path.

Unfortunately, the only way to transport people past Haunted Mansion or Big Thunder would be to somehow tunnel underneath or bridge above the RoA. There is not enough space at either side to build a path that could A. Sustain crowds and B. Fit within modern safety requirements. There are surely people more creative than I who could figure out other plausible solutions, but it seems like too much of a logistical issue for current WDI to deal with.

TrainsOfDisney

Did they actually say the boat was leaving or just the ROA...the art work shows the loading area, maybe a small hope of it being left as a stationary prop...nah nevermind
There is no official statement that the boat is leaving. I do question how far along the planning is and how much could change before things actually get built.

TrainsOfDisney

I am under the impression that the Riverboat is a logistical nightmare due to the fact it was built as a working 19th century replica.
It’s powered by steam, just like mark Twain in California as well as all of the locomotives. Nothing about that makes it a logistical nightmare.
Unlike Disneyland, it needs to be taken out of the Rivers of America via a series of elaborate dams every few years. For that to happen it apparently needs stay on its current path.
That’s where they have a maintenance area for the boat - but there’s no reason it can’t be refurbished in place like at Disneyland.
Unfortunately, the only way to transport people past Haunted Mansion or Big Thunder would be to somehow tunnel underneath or bridge above the RoA. There is not enough space at either side to build a path that could A. Sustain crowds and B. Fit within modern safety requirements. There are surely people more creative than I who could figure out other plausible solutions, but it seems like too much of a logistical issue for current WDI to deal with.
You could fill in a large portion of the River like they did in Disneyland - this would be a win-win-win for everyone.
13FE34EE-8EE3-4ACF-A795-21CC69620A00.jpeg

KDM31091

This is honestly one of the biggest things that makes the parks a worse experience now -- the Magic Kingdom and especially Hollywood Studios have taken significant hits from this shift. DAK was mainly built/developed after the shift, so it didn't really change, and EPCOT has managed to keep some uniqueness due to the World Showcase.

Tastes regarding attractions etc. can vary wildly from person to person, but I'd guess the vast majority of visitors aren't excited that the stores throughout the parks tend to sell variations of the same merchandise (with a few exceptions, especially when that merchandise is also generally available at World of Disney and/or the resort gift stores. It means there's little reason to spend much time looking in the different stores in the parks, which has knock on effects for capacity and crowding.
I hate the newer retail situation where all of the shops are 95% the same.

KDM31091

I’m actually quite concerned about the future of the railroad. Every reason that exists for getting rid of the riverboat exists for the railroad and often more. It takes more staff to operate - and much more in maintenance since there are a total of 4 locomotives.
That and they close it anytime someone sneezes in the park. It is closed very often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom