Cars Friends Are Coming To MGM

WDWFREAK53

dxer07002 said:
Just how big are these cars going to be?

I should hope that they're close to full scale...because, if not, it'll make the movie feel like we're watching a bunch of micro-machines drive around a track and not real "NASCAR" type cars.

Captain Chaos

WDWFREAK53 said:
I should hope that they're close to full scale...because, if not, it'll make the movie feel like we're watching a bunch of micro-machines drive around a track and not real "NASCAR" type cars.

I was hoping full scale too.. especially since they are going to be in the Stars and Motor Cars Parade.. Still trying to figure out how they will be signing autographs...

DLP Fan

I started this thread a couple of months back after seeing on the Disney Auditions site they were casting for Pete Roleum. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=69712

From the Disney Auditions site:

Disney Audition's is seeking actors to portray the role of Pete Roleum for an exciting, new Character Meet and Greet experience at the Disney-MGM Studios. Full-time, part-time, and substitute positions are available.

Pete Roleum - Rust-eze Sales Representative and self appointed tour guide for McQueen and Materfrom the Disney/Pixar film CARS. Pete strolls with McQueen and Mater as they cruise the Streets of America at the Disney-MGM Studios, facilitating interactions between the Characters and Guests. Pete is friendly, easygoing, and a walking encyclopedia when it comes to McQueen's career.

Scar

Maybe I'm just not the right target audience, but I am completely missing how Cars is going to be a fun movie.

I have watched the previews, and have barely laughed at anything. Hopefully I'm missing something big, but it seems to be nowhere near as fun and endearing as Bugs Life, Toy Story or Finding Nemo.

I really, really hope I'm wrong.

ImagineerAndy

Scar said:
Maybe I'm just not the right target audience, but I am completely missing how Cars is going to be a fun movie.

I have watched the previews, and have barely laughed at anything. Hopefully I'm missing something big, but it seems to be nowhere near as fun and endearing as Bugs Life, Toy Story or Finding Nemo.

Cars is a very nice film, I think you'll like it. It kind of goes under the radar and affects you. It certainly resonates, after you get over the first bit where the cars are actually talking. Great vocal performances too. Don't worry, it's funny too, you'll like it. I hope :)

PencilTest

mkepcotmgmak said:
...had you seen the pre-parade, you would've rushed to the nearest shop to find the Home on the Range Soundtrack, to hear K.D. Lang sing the main theme, again! :lookaroun

*sings* - "I know a place.... purdy as pie, out where the river bend meets up with the end of the sky...." *sigh* i love that song... haha!
I'm with you. That is one of my favorite songs, like, ever. Love it.
Scar said:

Man, I keep hearing this. I guess the way I look at it is, well, just have a little faith, y'know? I mean, until Pixar gives me a reason to doubt that they create great movies, I suppose I'll just trust that they'll continue to rock. And look, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a racing fan, but I trust Pixar's abilities to make movies. I think they've earned it.

PTINDY

Soon it will no longer be Walt Disney World, it will be Pixar World.
All new rides and shows are all Pixar related...........it's becoming overkill.:hammer:

Pongo

Scar said:

Pixar is good at that. They're trailers and previews give NOTHING away. I have no idea what Cars is about, that's why I want to go see it. When I first saw the trailers for Nemo, I didn't think it was going to be that good, but it turned out to be my favorite Pixar movie to date. I think it's good that Pixar does that. They have you going in with little to no expectations, then completely blow you away.

Pongo

PTINDY said:
Soon it will no longer be Walt Disney World, it will be Pixar World.
All new rides and shows are all Pixar related...........it's becoming overkill.:hammer:

Disney = Pixar

bluefaery

Scar said:

There is only 1 reason, that is besides the fact that it's disney, that I want to see it. LARRY THE CABLE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scar

I guess I have to disagree with the comment about the other previews not being funny. When I saw Bugs Life previews, I thought "funny". When I saw Finding Nemo previews, I thought "funny". When I saw Incredibles previews, I thought "funny". When I see Cars previews, I think "ehhhhhhhh".

Again, I really, really, really, hope I am wrong and will be the first to admit it. However, there is something about the movie that just doesn't fit their other movies (at least to me).

speck76

mkepcotmgmak said:
also,
nobody knows who Roman Holiday (R.I.P.), Gretta Garbage, Rosie, The Great H.P., Boss Goobleman, Chloe Kennard (and more) are, but they gather around to see them perform at the studios daily...

i would stop to see a talking car, that is, if it talks. if it doesn't talk, then it's out of gas:lookaroun (speaking of which, 50's primetime will give you plenty!)

Chloe Kennard *faints*

Scar said:
I guess I have to disagree with the comment about the other previews not being funny. When I saw Bugs Life previews, I thought "funny". When I saw Finding Nemo previews, I thought "funny". When I saw Incredibles previews, I thought "funny". When I see Cars previews, I think "ehhhhhhhh".

Again, I really, really, really, hope I am wrong and will be the first to admit it. However, there is something about the movie that just doesn't fit their other movies (at least to me).
I have to slightly disagree with you on that. I remember seeing the trailers for Finding Nemo and The Incredibles and thinking "....ehhhh maybe." I was obviously pleasantly surprised with the films. You just have to keepI imagine Cars being the same way. And from what I've seen, early reviews of Cars have been good.

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00004831.html

Mecha Figment

The cars wont do autographs. CArs can't write in real life so they wont here.

besides mike and sully don't, King louie doesn't, and several others don't as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom