Carpets of Aladdin closure?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This randomly popped up at disneyworld.com..

Was ythis scheduled for a while and i just missed it?

Dec 13-14 Magic carpets of Aladdin Closed for Refurb.

Chape19714

prob. just general maitnance to the gears, pnumatics, and a general oiling and quick paint job. That's my guess. I would doubt if a rehab wall even makes it over for it. They may be having major problems with the sensors that would prompt a rehab. I don't recall hearing about it though.

csm

This randomly popped up at disneyworld.com..

Was ythis scheduled for a while and i just missed it?

Dec 13-14 Magic carpets of Aladdin Closed for Refurb.

Um, with all due respect you make it sound like this matters? Go ride Dumbo, or Astro Orbiter. They're the same thing ... or Triceratop Spin, which is the exact same thing... Just in my opinion, a dumbo ride on rehab isn't exactly newsworthy (except maybe Dumbo itself given how popular it is to small ones)

Buford

Um, with all due respect you make it sound like this matters? Go ride Dumbo, or Astro Orbiter. They're the same thing ... or Triceratop Spin, which is the exact same thing... Just in my opinion, a dumbo ride on rehab isn't exactly newsworthy (except maybe Dumbo itself given how popular it is to small ones)
Don't think that's the issue.... just an interesting thing since it's so sudden compared to most rehabs..........

my family loves magic carpets of alladin because there is hardly ever any wait.... however there is ALWAYS a really long wait at dumbo and orbiter when we are near there.

I'm just glad this didn't happen when we were there a couple of weeks ago - we ride it a lot and love every second.

c133125

There's always problems with the exit gate sensors as well as the wheelchair carpets sensor. Probably some rewiring has to be done.

reggie9000

People may not like "the carpet ride." But for my girlfriend and i was special. We headed towards POTC before knowing it was closed. This was last March. We stopped off at the Swiss Family Robinson only to find out that it was closed for the day/hour, what have you. So the next thing in line was Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride. It was her first experience at WDW. Ironic because mine was Dumbo like 20 years ago. From then on she remembers that ride. It's pure magic!!!

shimaaladdinride.jpg

mrtoad

I don't care for it either (especially the placement) BUT it is a very popular ride with kids. Try telling a 5 year old that you just rode on Dumbo so there is no need to ride the carpets. To them it is not the same.

mkepcotmgmak

i agree that it's cheap - but it serves it's purpose... and remember - when Guests are waiting in line to ride that (i remember having up to an hour and a half wait on busy days) that is less people to wait in line at other attractions you want to ride...

and also - what's better than a spitting camel? NOTHING! That's what.:lookaroun

oh - and about it being ugly - it needs a paint job - but it's one of the most photographed attractions in the park - very colorful.

sbkline

From first look at the title, I thought the ride was closing forever. I'd hate to see this ride go...it's just so much fun to try to raise our carpet up right when the camel spits, and get my wife squirted. :lol: :p

Jooniper30

Aw, I think it's cute and fun if there's no line.

I can see if they'd never built it, but suggesting tearing something down for no reason at all seems kind of silly to me. It's a kiddy ride, sheesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom