Carousel of Progress - Seasonal?

Do you ride Carousel of Progress during your trip?

• Yes, each trip

Votes: 50 64.9%
  • Every other trip

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • More than once per trip

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Never

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ncstate7991

Original Poster
I was looking at a map of MK on the travel agent site for WDW. You can click on each land and see the attractions. It listed CofP as being seasonal. Is this new, old, incorrect? If it is seasonal, what are the dates? Is it just closed during the week, but open on the weekend? Thank you!

BelleofDE

I love CoP! I ride it several times each trip. I would venture to say that the seasonal thing is incorrect, but with all the weird changes WDW has been doing recently I could see them closing it for certain times. :shrug:

Epic Epcot

CoP's been listed as a seasonal attraction since the early 00s (I think it was around 2001 during the post-9/11 tourism slump), but it's pretty much been open year round regardless. Impressive, considering all the other attractions put on seasonal end up closing a few years.

MAF

I definately see it once a trip, but never more than once. If I went twice in a single year then I could see skipping it.

isman250

I go every time I am there, its just a habit and I have to go on it. Its the one true thing to me that is untapped and a Walt original.

rkelly42

I should not say this but... I have actually rode CoP twice in a row, and because I enjoyed it, not because I fell asleep and nobody woke me.

John

To me this is another example of "why all the hate"..... I absolutely love this ride. IMHO its like watching a favorite movie or some old favorite cartoons. No one says...they should change the ending to "Rocky" because its dated. No one ever says they should change a classic Donald Duck cartoon. No these are classics....as is COP. For some of us, maybe its one of those things that no matter what goes on in WDW...we can count on COP. Nostalgia is such a huge part of the WDW experience.

Not only do I ride it multiple times when I visit, I would be crushed if on one of my visits it would be closed. I go every January which is considered "off season" and it has been open every year the past 15 years.

Is it just me or is this one of those places where you can still feel Walts presence? How many of you think what the people must of thought when they seen this ride at the Worlds Fair?....It was a huge success. Very very popular. Long lines... Is it an antique? sure it is.. But there is some of us who truly appreciate this ride....One mans trash is another mans Treasure!

mrsdanalind

I go every time I am there, its just a habit and I have to go on it. Its the one true thing to me that is untapped and a Walt original.

We have to go everytime we go to WDW. It's a family tradition that will be passed down to our grandkids. It's a Walt original that has never been duplicated at any other park as far as I know, and it's a piece of American history in that it was at one of the last Worlds Fairs.
May it NEVER be changed.
:xmas:

mickey2008.1

I understand its Walt's attraction, but it's just soso in our opinion. SSE does a better job of history, and it gets way more heat! What's the fascination of COP? four segments of a family that is -------?

C&D

It used to be seasonal, but has been open year round, I'm guessing, for at least the last five years; never miss it. (rider since 1965)

powlessfamily4

I love this ride, it is classic Walt. If you put the "how can this ride entertain me" questions out of your head and focus on the sheer genius of what they created, you will appreciate the attraction. You have to remember what year it was created,1964 and take into account the this type of entertainment was not readily available. For it's time it was a wonder. Also, wikipedia says this...

"The Carousel of Progress holds the record as the longest-running stage show, with the most performances, in the history of American theater. It is the oldest attraction not only in the Magic Kingdom, but the entire Walt Disney World Resort. It is the only attraction in Walt Disney World to have a direct physical tie to Walt Disney"

I don't know how accurate that statement is but if it is even marginally true then it deserves the respect it receives.

PhilharMagician

I was looking at a map of MK on the travel agent site for WDW. You can click on each land and see the attractions. It listed CofP as being seasonal. Is this new, old, incorrect? If it is seasonal, what are the dates? Is it just closed during the week, but open on the weekend? Thank you!

As already mentioned, COP is not currently listed as seasonal. I believe it was late 2005 or early 2006 when it's status as season was removed. It happened shortly after Timekeeper was changed from the seasonal status to finally closed. The last showings of TK were for the holiday season in 2005. COP does however open late and close early complared to park hours on most days.

I really enjoy COP. We hit COP almost every day we set foot in MK which is multiple times per trip. The show is interesting and lighthearted, but could use some updating. COP is also a great rest and recovery location for us in the afternoon on those hot and humid Orlando days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom