Carousel of Progress - Seasonal?

Do you ride Carousel of Progress during your trip?

• Yes, each trip

Votes: 50 64.9%
  • Every other trip

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • More than once per trip

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Never

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mimitchi33

The attraction was open during my last visit. Your map is outdated.
CoP's been listed as a seasonal attraction since the early 00s (I think it was around 2001 during the post-9/11 tourism slump).

So, I'm guessing from 9/11 to sometime in 2004, it was seasonal? Correct me if I'm wrong!
It is the oldest attraction not only in the Magic Kingdom, but the entire Walt Disney World Resort. It is the only attraction in Walt Disney World to have a direct physical tie to Walt Disney"
Really? I thought It's A Small World was the oldest attraction.

PhilharMagician

The attraction was open during my last visit. Your map is outdated.

So, I'm guessing from 9/11 to sometime in 2004, it was seasonal? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Really? I thought It's A Small World was the oldest attraction.

It was still listed as seasonal after 2004, but was open basically every day at that point.

Small World in WDW is only as old as MK which opened in 1971. It is mearly a clone of the original. The Small World attraction from the Worlds Fair was brought to DL and used to build the attraction seen today The COP show at MK now is mostly the original from the World Fair. It was moved from the Worlds Fair to DL and then moved to it's current location in MK.

menamechris

I understand its Walt's attraction, but it's just soso in our opinion. SSE does a better job of history, and it gets way more heat! What's the fascination of COP? four segments of a family that is -------?

The fascination is that people enjoy it (as you can read through in this thread). Certain attractions seem to just stand the test of time. I don't even think of CoP in terms of being thoroughly entertaining. I remember riding it for as long as I can remember. It is just an important part of the Magic Kingdom and the Disney experience for me after all these years..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom