Carousel of Progress last classic MK attraction yet to get a refurb

EPCOT Explorer

Well, Trader Sam is in DL, we have Chief Namee.;)

As for the AAs, I'd love to see Namee get some more articulation, along with the others, but I don't want anything to happen to "Big Shot" or "Star", who is the elephant in the waterfall.

Backside is just one of our incredibly corny jokes that everyone uses from the script. It's actually one of the few I use from the official script. But I spice it up a bit. :D
Namee is awesome.:D:lol:

Agreed. They must have gotten those tourists who are not from America.

Are you kidding me? Xenophobic much?:rolleyes:

SirGoofy

I'e always thought that they couldn't think of a name so they added a E...:lol:

What is it?

You're close. When the Jungle got a rehab in the early 90s, they got rid of Trader Sam and had a contest for CMs to name the new jungle trader. And yes, the winning name was Name. Technically it's name wit an accent mark over the e, but I don't know how to type that...:lol:

Jasonflz

Just to get it out of the way: Don't say that! That's racist!

Good, now no one else has to say it.

BTW, you are SO right.
"Ethnic jokes might be uncouth, but you laugh because they're based on truth." - Avenue Q

:lol: I'm part European so it doesn't bother me.

EPCOT Explorer

You're close. When the Jungle got a rehab in the early 90s, they got rid of Trader Sam and had a contest for CMs to name the new jungle trader. And yes, the winning name was Name. Technically it's name wit an accent mark over the e, but I don't know how to type that...:lol:

Heh. That's pretty funny.:lol::lol:

Animaniac93-98

CoP needs a new ending, JC needs an overhaul, PotC needs to be done right (I'm tempted to put this one 1st because having such a well known and marketed attraction in such shape is terrible), BTMRR could use a tune up, Peter Pan needs seroious work etc.

Pretty much all of MK needs what HoP just got. It sorta is, but I'd wish they'd pick up the pace.

EPCOT Explorer

CoP needs a new ending, JC needs an overhaul, PotC needs to be done right (I'm tempted to put this one 1st because having such a well known and marketed attraction in such shape is terrible), BTMRR could use a tune up, Peter Pan needs seroious work etc.

Pretty much all of MK needs what HoP just got. It sorta is, but I'd wish they'd pick up the pace.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I was thinking that earlier...Well put!

brentl1127

When I was there in May, We were in the COP and in the 1960's the ride stopped rotating, we would just see the same scene over and over, at the 4th time, and being literally yelled at over the loud speaker to remain seated all of us got up and left, everyone in the section. Judging by the # of people outside in the back, it seems every other section decided the same thing.

I was sad because I still like the ride, liked the old song better, but it is one of those sentimental attractions I always will do.

As a footnote, it took 40 mins to get back to rotating, so I am glad we did not sit through the scene again and again and again like the screaming harsh voice from the loud speaker was telling us to do.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
When I was there in May, We were in the COP and in the 1960's the ride stopped rotating, we would just see the same scene over and over, at the 4th time, and being literally yelled at over the loud speaker to remain seated all of us got up and left, everyone in the section. Judging by the # of people outside in the back, it seems every other section decided the same thing.

Or people did that to begin with which is why it stopped rotating and it just made a domino effect

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom