Carousel of Progress closed for refurbishment today

WDWFan_Boston

And so strollers or wheelchairs either! :eek:

You have to wonder how many strollers they would rent if all of the strollers that they made anymore weren't like rolling Laz-e-boy's. I saw this picture on MiceChat this morning.

strollers.jpg

This is circa 1970. Apparently they rented almost 1,000 per day during the peak. My first thought: you won't see a parent pushing a sleeping 8 year old in that contraption!

sweetpee_1993

You have to wonder how many strollers they would rent if all of the strollers that they made anymore weren't like rolling Laz-e-boy's. I saw this picture on MiceChat this morning.

View attachment 38505

This is circa 1970. Apparently they rented almost 1,000 per day during the peak. My first thought: you won't see a parent pushing a sleeping 8 year old in that contraption!

I would pay some serious $$ to get my hands on one of those old strollers. Not kidding. Not a joke. I would put out some bucks to have one. I don't think any survived, tho. I definitely remember riding in those. And, yes, napping. :D

**edit**
Riding & napping via the rollin' rattle ceased to happen after about 3 or 4 years old.

Last edited:

Clamman73

I would pay some serious $$ to get my hands on one of those old strollers. Not kidding. Not a joke. I would put out some bucks to have one. I don't think any survived, tho. I definitely remember riding in those. And, yes, napping. :D

**edit**
Riding & napping via the rollin' rattle ceased to happen after about 3 or 4 years old.

And the little girl has one of those old Donald Duck squeaky hats!

Kuhio

Not a single bluetooth earpiece, cell phone, ipad in that pic....how do they ever survive?

I have to say that my recent cruise on the Disney Magic was wonderfully enjoyable and relaxing in no small part because I had no cell phone or internet service for several days. When you don't have modern "conveniences" constantly vying for your attention, you're able to appreciate the actual entertainments on offer that much more.

Indeed, the lack of "real world" distractions is probably one of the reasons I now find DCL so much more appealing than WDW (in addition to the far superior offerings, service, and value, of course).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom