Caribbean Beach

Ames0097

What building/village to suggest to stay in. We would like to be near the main building but a short walk is okay. We would like to be close to quiet pool and bus stop. We were thinking of Jamaica is the walk far over the lake?

Thanks! 26 more days!!

Yellow Shoes

The walk is not far, and very pleasant.

You would think that with all the walking you do in the parks, that taking a stroll would be low on your list of things to do.

CBR is so beautiful, you'll want to explore.

PS--Walking barefoot in white sand is always fun.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Martinique and Trinidad North are the closest to OPR (food court). Barbados is about a 5-10 minute walk and isn't bad. I've stayed at Barbados and Trinidad North and both were quite pleasant little walks to OPR and not too far from the bus stops.

Trinidad South is the farthest away from OPR and is isolated from the other islands.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

The only complaint on our parts for Jamaica was the walk across the bridge....

the walk was not bad....but Parrot Cay REEKED!!:hurl:

Besides that the area was great...the quiet pool was never packed...and OPR was a short walk away....same with the main pool.....

I would say try for Martinique or Trinidad N.
both have there own quiet pools and best for location....

But I feel Jamaica was definatley more private....

Upvote 0

wdwforus

We stayed last April at the CB and loved it and I think we stayed in Martinique but we were at the far end of it almost to the next island. We were pretty close to our own pool but it was still a little bit of a hike to the food court and theme pool which gets very crowded at times. The only reason I say it was kind of a hike was when we used the souvenier mugs that they provide in your rooms it can be hard to get your moneys worth. I walked over to fill them all and came back and it took probably close to 20 minutes. I think they charge about $10 a mug and you get free refills of coffee, tea, and soda but not juice or milk. We also had an upstairs room which did help cut down on the late night traffic noise of people returning. We had a sick kid for a couple of days and did have one run in with a VERY rude woman and her kids who were making way too much noise at 9 p.m. But other than that our experience was awesome. We were glad we spent the extra money and stayed where we did but want to go for a longer time on our next trip and will stay at the All Star resorts. If you ask for a map of the buildings when you check in before they actually assign you a room you may be able to request something real close.

Upvote 0

Erika

I agree that Jamaica is a good location. Parrot Cay smelled pretty good when we were there :lol: Either Dudette caught it at a bad time or we caught it at a good one. I think you'll enjoy the little walk. It's not far at all and it is a nice way to start the morning :)

Upvote 0

disneyfan20

carribean beach

I stay at the carribean beach twice a year and have found that jamaica Is the best spot! It is close enough to food court where you don't have to walk to far and the bridge gives a nice atmoshere in the a.m.Plus I don't know how important it is to everyone but at night you are usually dropped off 1st which is nice when you want to get right to the room(carrying kids in my case!!)And to the other extreme you are usually picked up 1st which guarantees you a seat on the bus!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Also as soon as you do get to your Island find out what the bus schedule is for the different parks. We didnt have the best experience with the buses and the sooner you get out there in the morning the better off you will be. Someone is always leaning out of the bus stop waiting for that next Mk bus and seems like it takes forever for it come. You'll probably see every other park that youre not going to that day go by before the one you want shows up.

Upvote 0

disneyfan20

Originally posted by Erika
I agree that Jamaica is a good location. Parrot Cay smelled pretty good when we were there :lol: Either Dudette caught it at a bad time or we caught it at a good one. I think you'll enjoy the little walk. It's not far at all and it is a nice way to start the morning :)
any body there ??

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Re: carribean beach

Originally posted by disneyfan20
I stay at the carribean beach twice a year and have found that jamaica Is the best spot! It is close enough to food court where you don't have to walk to far and the bridge gives a nice atmoshere in the a.m.Plus I don't know how important it is to everyone but at night you are usually dropped off 1st which is nice when you want to get right to the room(carrying kids in my case!!)And to the other extreme you are usually picked up 1st which guarantees you a seat on the bus!!!!!!!

I think what you are saying about the buses is for the most part true but then you sometimes have to ride the rest of the way around CB to get the other stops. I found that even being closer to the middle/end my wife and kids didnt have much of a problem getting a seat in the a.m....at night IS a different story though. We took the bus to Epcot and then rode the monorail from there and there wasnt hardly a soul on it to MK. We even got our copilots cards.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by WDWFanatic
Did i hear on this site that the CBR has a sit down resturant now?
That would be great, i think they all need at least one.

They've had a sit down restaurant since at least 2001. It's called Shutters now and is moved from its 2001 location.

Upvote 0

Ames0097

Original Poster
Thanks for the input guys, I shared your comments with my Mom (her, I and my older sister are going) and we agreed to try and book Jamaica. Can't wait!!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Caribbean Beach almost always had a sit down restaurant. It began as Captain's Tavern sometime right after the Resort originally opened, and after they closed for a decent amount of time this past year, they debuted a new restaurant named Shutturs...and it is very good!!!!!!!!

I jsut wish they left the restaurant where it was...we had many fond memories of eating in the back secluded room when we went to the foodcourt as a family in years past. We miss it, but approve of the renovations as we are long time and loyal Caribbean Beach fans since its inception in '88.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Originally posted by Erika
I agree that Jamaica is a good location. Parrot Cay smelled pretty good when we were there :lol: Either Dudette caught it at a bad time or we caught it at a good one.

I guess your right!!

W were down last August...it was hot and humid....I dunno what it was...it was like bird dung and just plain ol' dity bird smell....

Jamiaca is a great choice!!!

we were close to the Bus Stop, bridge, and pool....
building 26 i think!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Re: carribean beach

Originally posted by disneyfan20
I stay at the carribean beach twice a year and have found that jamaica Is the best spot! Plus I don't know how important it is to everyone but at night you are usually dropped off 1st which is nice when you want to get right to the room(carrying kids in my case!!)And to the other extreme you are usually picked up 1st which guarantees you a seat on the bus!!!!!!!

We found this to be the case when we were there in '99. That is a HUGE HUGE HUGE plus.

Makes a good way to get from your room to the pool or food court... but you hafta walk back.

And I thought Parrot Cay was really nice... not smelly

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
caribbean

The Caribbean is a great place to stay. We have always stayed in Martinique and Trinidad North because of their close locale to OPR. As I remember it M and TN were usually the first stops for the buses, has this changed? I haven't been there since 2000.

:p

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Re: caribbean

Originally posted by ajrwdwgirl
As I remember it M and TN were usually the first stops for the buses, has this changed? I haven't been there since 2000.

Well in 99, most of the time the buses would come in the back entrance near the Jamacia stop and go clockwise around the resort. Sometimes they'd come in the main enterance near the customs house.

So I'm really not sure where the stop now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom