Caribbean Beach Resort questions

streudel423

Hi, this is my family's 3rd visit to DW, but our first at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have reserved a Preferred Location at either Martinique or Trinidad North. I was wondering if anyone here had any comments or tips about the resort. Also, does the resort share buses with other resorts? What stop does the bus visit first upon leaving the resort and returning from the parks? We are visiting the first week of December. Anyone else visited DW and the CBR this same time? How were the crowds on the buses to and from CBR and the parks? Thanks! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
-Shannon

CBR does not share buses with any other resorts.
The first island & last island stop varies from time to time.
Tip: Avoid the inner-CBR transportation. It is faster to walk.

Upvote 0

tinkerbell88

Hi, this is my family's 3rd visit to DW, but our first at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have reserved a Preferred Location at either Martinique or Trinidad North. I was wondering if anyone here had any comments or tips about the resort. Also, does the resort share buses with other resorts? What stop does the bus visit first upon leaving the resort and returning from the parks? We are visiting the first week of December. Anyone else visited DW and the CBR this same time? How were the crowds on the buses to and from CBR and the parks? Thanks! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
-Shannon
I stayed at the carribean beach resort last time I visited Disney and I love it. Port Royale which is the little town in the middle is really cool. It has a food court and the main pool is also near by. There is a little beach type area that has hammacks and lawn chairs. Its really pretty at sunset. Each location has there own bus station and they don't share their buses with any other resort. It really depends on what side of the resort they start on first is what location they will stop at first. The carribean resort buses were never that crowded and I went in June so yeah. The all star resorts and the pop century resort are far more crowded. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Upvote 0

Pooh88

My DH & I have stayed there about 3 times and the only negative is long bus wait times. We have learned to get a preferred location which I think you have. If you are at the end of the bus route and it fills you can sometimes wait a LONG time for a bus unless they have corrected that problem since we stayed there last. We are staying there again in Oct. and have a preferred location. We have always liked the service and housekeeping there and have found it usually quiet.

Upvote 0

elabron

My DH & I have stayed there about 3 times and the only negative is long bus wait times. We have learned to get a preferred location which I think you have. If you are at the end of the bus route and it fills you can sometimes wait a LONG time for a bus unless they have corrected that problem since we stayed there last. We are staying there again in Oct. and have a preferred location. We have always liked the service and housekeeping there and have found it usually quiet.

Agreed, Pooh.......during peak times, the bus service at CBR is horrendous.....especially sitting at the bus stops in 90+ degree heat. :hurl:

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

The wife and I have stayed there 4 times and it's been wonderful every time. As was mentioned before, the bus situation can get snarly, especially when trying to get to the Magic Kingdom in the morning.

The solution is to hit a bus stop close to the beginning of the ring where they first start to grab people. Although you have to wait awhile as the bus goes around collecting more people, you will get to sit that whole time. (might as well conserve your energy, you'll need it, eh?)

-and if your room is near that spot- you'll be among the first back to your room later that night. If memory serves me properly, Trinidad and Martinique are excellent for this.

This is the best advice I can offer.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Be aware that December 1 - 8 are the dates for events of the Pop Warner Championships and SuperBowl... that means LOTS of cheerleaders and football players. I did some quick research and found that the resorts offered to them were POR, ASsp, and ASmu... so you should be ok resort wise. Could mean a higher occupancy at CBR though. I hear the parks are busier compared to other dates in Dec... as groups roam around like crazy!

Overall we LOVE CBR. It's our favorite moderate.

Bus Routes:
As others have posted, it depends! Unlike other resorts, CBR has several entrances and depending on which park your heading to or coming from, your stops can vary. I have yet to stay there when the "preferred' sections were enforced, but I remember my "first stops" being either Jamiaca or Martinique.

Resort and Bus Crowds:
CBR is a very busy moderate... mainly due to its size of 2112 rooms, only 700 shy of Pop Century. I remember one year after the fireworks at MK... people wrapped the entire que and the line was back towards the "bus stop signs" that designates which resort is for which number stop. It was crazy! It was a fluke though... and we had little issue after that.
The resort as a whole is very quiet. The sections are easily marked (colors and signs) and each have there on private pool and beach areas. OPR is one of our favorite food courts but can get busy during peak eating times. There was plenty of seating though. The main pool is a pirate lovers haven! The slide is fun for all ages and the themeing is top notch.

Upvote 0

gunsnroses

We stayed in Martinique last year, it was close to the 1st bus stop, and not too far away from the food court. Go for a morning jog around the resort!! Lots of fun, you'll love it!!:)

Upvote 0

figmentmom

We stayed at Caribbean Beach a few years back, and LOVED it! We were in Martinique, and it seemed to be consistently the first pickup on the bus route (we were just lucky - we hadn't requested it!) Very pretty, very relaxing, and the food court is fun, too.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

benji

I always arrive about an hour before check in. Caribbean Beach can get really crowed at the reservation desk, because it has a small lobby. They always have the rooms ready early. I always arrive at my room about 45 mintutes before check in. Caribbean Beach is a cool resort. Hope this helps.:wave:

Upvote 0

pirate-princess

i have stayed 3 times too

once our room was ages walk away from port royale and that upset us a bit - delaying us getting to parks in morning etc (cant remember where was now!)

i stayed in barbados the other 2 times - the pink with green edging

and as already mentioned the buses go different ways every time! its a huge resort though!

i found that if you use your local pool in your area its less busy than the main pool which seems to be too small!

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

We were there Jan 20-29th of this year. We were in Martinique (building 24, preferred location). We had the first bus pick-up and drop off. Crowds were light at this time of the year, but the wait was generally long for the busses. We had a rental car, since I was there on business, but the wife and kids took the bus during the day.

Loved the resort...quiet, relaxing, great selections at OPR, (didn't try Shutters). With us being from CT, the 70 deg Jan weather was balmy, so we used the pool almost every day. They are heated. Kids loved the main pool. I loved the path around the lake, walked it every day before work.

Hope you have fun...be sure to go to MVMCP since you will be there during it...:xmas: How often do you get to see it snow on Main St.

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

Hi :wave:

We stayed in Barbados over Thanksgiving week 3 years ago and are heading back this year :sohappy: :sohappy:

We loved the resort but did not spend a whole lot of time there. It was our first family visit to WDW and we spent the vast majority of our time in one of the parks. That being said, even Barbados was not a bad walk to the Port Royale area where the food court and the shops were located. It was actually quite nice to get out in the morning and walk on over.

The 'private' pool at each island was also nice as the main pool tended to be a bit crowded.

As for the busses, I have to say that we had a good experience. Barbados was typically the third pick-up/drop-off after Jamaica and Aruba. We never had more than a 15 minute wait (or so it seemed) for a bus heading to one of the parks. Coming back to the resort could be a different story. Our kids enjoyed the rental stroller in the parks but walking/carrying them to the bus stop and waiting for a bus back to resort took its toll. We waited anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes. They had extended hours that week, not EMH, so everyone pretty much left at about the same time. I imagine that the exit during evening EMH is a bit more staggered and the bus wait time would be manageable.

Either way, I am sure you will have a great time.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We stayed there a few yrs. ago and there was a zillion cheerleaders there. very noisy. busses were extra crowded. If you dont choose the right location to get on the bus you will be standing all the time. Long walk to the food court from a lot of places. Best food court, though. have a good trip.

Upvote 0

tunaman68

We stayed in Martinique last year, it was close to the 1st bus stop, and not too far away from the food court.

Us too! We were there in late spring, and found the service great, the food court great, bus service great. Nothing bad to say. Love Martinique and found the quiet pools better than the main pool for us.

Have Fun!!

Upvote 0
Stayed their this past December. I would rent a car. Aside from the over priced items that all resorts at disney share, the only things I would avoid are the rental boats. The paddle boats are junk and the seat wont stay where they should, the motor boats are fine for really little kids but will be a pain in the behind to the adults driving as they are so slow that I think I could paddle a canoe faster.

If you've got any kids that might be interested in the pirate adventure (assuming it still exist next december, it only happens once per week so you need to find out when and plan for it if your little ones are interested in it).

Oh, and be ready for very very cramped bathrooms. I mean you have to be very careful when you go in and close the door because the door almost hits the toilet and that means it will easily smash your toes. So with kids make sure they're careful or any barefeet or sandled feet will end up getting skinned.

All in all its not a bad place to stay its just a little pricey for what you get. If you plan on using the extra magic hours you'll be satisified if you don't plan on using those then you might be a little let down.

Upvote 0

Journey

Our family stayed there the last time we were down! It was wonderful. We had a room over looking the lagoon across from the food court and pool area. Sandy white beaches , with the hammocks, beautiful at sunset.

The pool and food court are adjacent. There is a pool side Tiki bar... watch the kids play in the pool and have a cocktail.
There is a slide and lifegaurds.

There is a little island in the middle of the lagoon that is very tropical and inviting places to sit and have a bit of quiet. All in all I would stay there again and again. But so many resorts and soo little time to explore them all..:wave:

Upvote 0
We have stayed at CBR twice. We enjoyed our stay both times and we were glad that we rented a car. Everything was great but we had to wait in several lines during our stay at the food court. Not sure why the lines were like they were but we were not in a hurry so it wasn't bad. We stayed in Aruba both times. It was very quite which was nice.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom