News Caribbean Beach Expansion

TiggerDad

Im confused. It is an inconvenience but for a $75 per night gift card who cares.
I agree. Plenty of people don't eat at their resort. We get up and run to the parks and don't return until it's time to crash for the night. I know others enjoy relaxing at the resort - they should choose someplace other than CBR while this construction is going on.

Calmdownnow

A lot of people of these Boards are Disney regulars and know the ins and outs of all things to do with dining. BUT, I remember my first time trip -- which was to the CBR --- and I genuinely was not aware that you could even visit other hotels let alone eat at them. Many first-timers plan to eat every night at their resort. Can you imagine what they are going to feel like being directed to dining in a tent in the car park in the Orlando summer heat and torrential thunderstorms? The complaints queue is going to be a mile long.

montyz81

Wonder where all of the decorations are going. Is there some place where this stuff will go up for sale. There used to be a guy who sold this stuff, but I think he is out of business.

Minnnie

You can't judge the overall resort experience based on a few photos and your perception of what dining options will be available during construction.

Check the internet for the other sites which provide much more information regarding the changes coming to CBR. Those of us who decide to stay at CBR are totally aware of the situation.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So true. And I've found that so many posts are so negative. Sad way to live. Life is too short to always dwell on negativity.

By the way, love your avatar and screen name. :)
I agree, and thanks! I was at the opening of EPCOT, and it's my favorite park to this day.

rael ramone

A person who does an aggressive touring schedule and could care less about anything except a room that's the size of a Disney Moderate and wants to stay within the bubble might make out here...

For the rest... probably best to look elsewhere for their resort needs. The M.A.S.H. dining tent looks like from the outside the kind of place that would serve those emergency rations that they sold during the last hurricane...

Overall, it's a bad look.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, May 8. As of this morning, the Port Royale Centertown building is completed closed for renovation. The resort's dining venue is this large tent next to the main pool area, constructed in the parking lot. Here is the guest entrance which is south of the main pool area. This dining tent will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Here's the lunch and dinner procedure: guests will enter the queue for the cashier's trailer on the right.

IMG_9573.JPG

For lunch, guests will purchase a specific menu item from the board. For dinner, guests will purchase the all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet.

IMG_9582.JPG

Here is the all-day and lunch menu.

IMG_9581.JPG

Here is a close up of the lunch and buffet dinner menus. (Sorry for the poor photo.) I did not get a photo of the breakfast menu, but it looks like most Disney resorts.

IMG_9574.JPG

For the all-day and lunch menu items, guests then take their receipt and pick up their meal at the food truck located right behind the queue.

IMG_9575.JPG

Guests then proceed into the dining tent.

IMG_9576.JPG

For the dinner buffet, guests take a right into the buffet queue.

IMG_9580.JPG

Here is the empty buffet serving area during lunch time.

IMG_9577.JPG

The beverage area is on the left.

IMG_9578.JPG

The front of the dining tent has a glass wall.

IMG_9579.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, May 8. Additional Caribbean Beach Resort expansion news. The only apparent merchandize area is this parked truck, just south of the main pool and dining tent, along the resort lake pathway.

IMG_9572.JPG

The perimeter pathway around the pool ends at the former open plaza for Centertown, overlooking the lake. Guests staying in the Martinique area must use the parking lot route past the Centertown building to get to the main pool and dining tent.

IMG_9583.JPG

The Port Royale Centertown building is completed closed. A cast member said parts of the building will be renovated and parts will be torn down. The projected timeline for re-opening is 14 months (July 2018). The cast member said you won't recognize it, as it will look completely different. Specifically, the new table service restaurant will expand into the former plaza behind the building and will feature lakeside dining. The cast member would neither confirm nor deny the plans for a future resort tower to be located in the Barbados area.

IMG_9584.JPG

MickeyWiki

Photo update as of Monday, May 8. Additional Caribbean Beach Resort expansion news. The only apparent merchandize area is this parked truck, just south of the main pool and dining tent, along the resort lake pathway.

View attachment 203742

The perimeter pathway around the pool ends at the former open plaza for Centertown, overlooking the lake. Guests staying in the Martinique area must use the parking lot route past the Centertown building to get to the main pool and dining tent.

View attachment 203743

The Port Royale Centertown building is completed closed. A cast member said parts of the building will be renovated and parts will be torn down. The projected timeline for re-opening is 14 months (July 2018). The cast member said you won't recognize it, as it will look completely different. Specifically, the new table service restaurant will expand into the former plaza behind the building and will feature lakeside dining. The cast member would neither confirm nor deny the plans for a future resort tower to be located in the Barbados area.

View attachment 203744
Thanks so much for the update!

Minnnie

Thank you.

One silly question - Are there any indications that chicken strips/nuggets, as well as usual sides (fries or fruit), also be available?

Can't wait to see the third version of Centertown. Here's hoping it's so spectacular that those of us who've loved the resort since it opened will be extremely happy with the finished product.

Still hoping that reports of a tower will vanish forever. A tower will totally destroy the island atmosphere of the resort.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom