News Caribbean Beach Expansion

RobbinsDad

I wouldn't assume the resort will still be a moderate when all is done.
I agree...I can't see them putting a DVC at a moderate and charging less...there was just a price increase a couple days ago (at least that's what we were told was going to happen)...I hope it's something new or an upgrade to the resort :)
Given their recent construction trends I would expect this to be some sort of suite, like AOA or the Music family suites.

DDLand

Depends which one you're talking about.
So we may see a trade?

Say a high rise goes up at Coronado Springs with DVC, and a high rise goes up at Caribbean Beach to offset and even expand capacity. We would end up with more moderates and more DVC and everyone is happy. I thought they'd try to keep DVC away from the conventioneers.

Am I reading this right?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So we may see a trade?

Say a high rise goes up at Coronado Springs with DVC, and a high rise goes up at Caribbean Beach to offset and even expand capacity. We would end up with more moderates and more DVC and everyone is happy. I thought they'd try to keep DVC away from the conventioneers.

Am I reading this right?
I don't know if any potential expansion at Coronado would be DVC.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 could CBR become something like Yacht Club/ Beach Club and Board Walk areas, two different resorts themed around the same area (water way) but at different levels of deluxe and moderate levels for families?
I guess it could although I've not heard anything to suggest this (not that that's everything)

There's plans for 3/4 DVC sites - and a few more resorts - that I know of elsewhere. Note I say plans.

Last edited:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I don't think anyone wants a moderate DVC...

I could see the appeal of a moderate DVC resort. If DVC members wish to go more often, then they could stay at a resort that requires less points per stay. For example, if a member has 250 points to spend per year, they could stay one week at the Contemporary, or they could stay multiple weeks at a moderate DVC.

I am anxious to hear more details on this project. I could see a lot of potential for this resort (whether it is DVC related or not).

Bocabear

I could see the appeal of a moderate DVC resort. If DVC members wish to go more often, then they could stay at a resort that requires less points per stay. For example, if a member has 250 points to spend per year, they could stay one week at the Contemporary, or they could stay multiple weeks at a moderate DVC.

I am anxious to hear more details on this project. I could see a lot of potential for this resort (whether it is DVC related or not).
We already have Saratoga Springs and Old Key West... The cost to produce the rooms would not allow it to be a "discount" experience...not that I can imagine anyway... And I am not sure that lowering the bar on the DVC brand is a good idea either...

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
We already have Saratoga Springs and Old Key West... The cost to produce the rooms would not allow it to be a "discount" experience...not that I can imagine anyway... And I am not sure that lowering the bar on the DVC brand is a good idea either...

Are SS and OKW considered deluxe resorts? I haven't stayed at either, so I truly do not know. Do they have the amenities of the other deluxe resorts (pools/transportation/restaurants)?

Bocabear

Are SS and OKW considered deluxe resorts? I haven't stayed at either, so I truly do not know. Do they have the amenities of the other deluxe resorts (pools/transportation/restaurants)?
yes they do... Saratoga and OKW are both standalone DVC resorts built specifically to be DVC properties... They both have their own restaurants and pools, though neither resort is convenient, and both resorts have the lowest price per point in the system.

Patcheslee

Any chance they will add murphy beds to some of the king rooms? With only 3 of us I already know we will have a queen bed not being slept in, but a family suite is personally too much.

OKW is basically a moderate resort already. The only thing that separates it from DVC is the rooms have kitchens. Infact, OKW is a cousin to the moderates having the same architect and outdoor rooms. To be a moderate you need outside rooms. So this is why I think if it was a DVC going into Caribbean, it would be similar to OKW. 3/4 stories.

Now who knows who the architect on the new project is, so we may see a totally different design with it. All I know is whatever they are doing at CBR will come with an elevator!

Last edited:

surfsupdon

Disney agents have confirmed that Trinidad South pool deck is being reconfigured to include the pool and a quick service eatery/ pool bar. This work is currently being worked on. Interesting.

mm121

Looks like they are not wasting any time on this project, there was a permit today for the installation of an 8-wide trailer by PCL Construction Services. Likely construction offices for this project.
is this trailer the square building on the initial maps?

what i hate most about this is it destroys the design and symmetry of the resort where all the groupings of buildings looked the same,

it will just look so hap hazard, like a tsunami hit part of the resort and when it was built back they decided to build it back different

if they want to change it would be better to do a bigger project and redo like the whole southern half of the lake or something so it looks more like the building phases fit together rather than just having one new ODD SHAPED high rise mixed with a bunch of old low rises

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom