Car Parking increased to $12

firemandisney

Just because someone doesn't earn enough doesn't mean they can't enjoy life.I work hard but I still don't make enough to do everything i want in life but I have great family and friends and do some of the things I love in life.I have a good job so how is it my fault that I earn just enough to pay for the cost of gas,food,milk,and everything else that has gone way up over the last few years?I could work 2-3 jobs to have everything I wanted but then I would be so miserable from exhaustion and lack of sleep that I wouldn't have time to enjoy all I had.
I didnt say one couldnt "enjoy life" entirely. Only certian "perks"
But look, There are things i cant afford also. Whos fauly is that? It aint yours! Its MINE. No one is responsible for me but ME.
As for your situation, I dont know you so i cant comment. As for me, I make 55-60k per year my wife only makes 22k we are VERY middle class and dont have any issues affording gas,food or milk. We also have 2 young children. Own our home.I never had anything in life given to me, You probably didnt either, But in the end i blame NO one but my self if i cant now or in the future make ends meet.
I repect your opinion. I was simply giving mine.

Maerj

I could work 2-3 jobs to have everything I wanted but then I would be so miserable from exhaustion and lack of sleep that I wouldn't have time to enjoy all I had.

I have a buddy who does just that. He's always trired now and has dark cricles under his eyes and is now an alcoholic, unfortuantely.

It wasnt my intention to make it sound "easy" It WAS my intention to try to say that the ONLY thing responsible for ones financial success or capabilities IS that given person. It took my 2 years and testing for over 9 City Fire Dept's to acheive my dream. But in the end..i got it.

We have 100% control of our lives, thats a God given right here in free Nations. If i fail to earn enough to enjoy lifes perks..thats MY fault.
Anyways, In the end, Disney is affordable,wondeful and for the money..You just cant beat it. It aint ever gonna get cheaper so there is no use complaining..we just need to be proactive and make our leisure time activities a part of our life.
This is NOT directed to anyone in this thread, But, there seems to be a sense of intitlement rather than priviledge when it comes to certain things in life.
Nothing is an intitlement even freedom is a priviledge.
Disney most certainly is no exception.

I don't think its a sense of entitlement. As I drive around my area, I see many 'For Sale' signs on houses and on cars, trucks and boats sitting in front yards. People are working hard, its just that their pay is not keeping up with the cost of living. That's why we have record foreclosures while companies like Exxon are getting record profits.

You can say 'Well go get a better job!' Very easy thing to say... IF there are any better jobs! A lot of our jobs have been sent elsewhere. The government has been favoring the wealthy and putting pressure on the middle class for too long.

On a side note:

Since Exxon is getting so much money, they should give Ellen's Energy Adventure a huge update! New dinosaurs guys!!

yankspy

But look, There are things i cant afford also. Whos fauly is that? It aint yours! Its MINE. No one is responsible for me but ME.
As for your situation, I dont know you so i cant comment. As for me, I make 55-60k per year my wife only makes 22k we are VERY middle class and dont have any issues affording gas,food or milk. We also have 2 young children. Own our home.I never had anything in life given to me, You probably didnt either, But in the end i blame NO one but my self if i cant now or in the future make ends meet.
Welcome to the boards.:lol:

RogueHabit

Parking was $8 for the longest time, then they started hitting it with rises and just 3-4 years later and we're at $12.

Kind of bums me out, cos we are staying offsite so our parking bill for 10 days, assuming we hit a park a day, will be $120.00.

Still, at todays exchaneg rates, that only works out at around £6.50, which is still cheaper that Alton Towers, Legoland or Thorpe Park...

MousDad

:snore:

MicheleK

We stay at Universal's Hard Rock hotel every year for one or two nights. The room itself with AAA discount is right around $289 per night. Then they add in parking. I think we paid $13 or $15 per night for parking. So $12 for parking at Disney isn't really all that big of a deal.

bgraham34

I am so glad I stay onsite. I get $12 bucks a day parking at the airport. Seems like the airport is a better deal. Ok well its offsite parking but hey I get a shuttle ride.

georgiegreg

We'll be staying off site and bringing a car, so we'll need to pay for parking... Is a parking pass at $12 a day good for all 4 parks for that day (if one wanted to park-hop)?

Disneybub

TL still doesn't charge for parking...I haven't seen that thread but I smell some B.S. there.

Ummm excuse me!! But what the hell does that mean?! we were only passing on the info that we were told!!
Theres no need to be rude, if you disagree fine, but theres no need for that!

luckyeye13

Just for some more comparison, here are the parking rates at Newark International Airport.

Economy Lot (served by 15-20 minute bus ride): $15/day
Daily Parking (served by AirTrain monorail system): $24/day
Short-Term Parking (located at terminals): $30/day
Valet Parking (served by AirTrain): $36/day

Since I work at the airport, I do not have to pay that in order to park for work. (I generally take the train, though.) However, if I were to go away for vacation and wanted to park, I would have to pay the fees because the employee lots don't allow for long-term parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom