Car luggage storage

Craig & Lisa

Ok, the wife and I have decided that if no last minute airfare deal shows up, this is a continuation from another post, we are driving to WDW. Now the next problem is how to store the luggage on the top of my wife's Kia sorrento, which has no luggage rack. Any suggestions would be helpful, I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for something, but it also has to be durable, and dry. Thanks
PS we are driving from NJ

DisneyPinDad

A bit off the wall, but...

how about shipping stuff ahead to the hotel and only taking on the road what you need?

OR...if you know you will buy shirts, etc. at the parks, wear them right away.

Either will cost some - but might be an option. You can also ship stuff home, but do that at a FedEx Kinkos or some place off property. Disney will do it for you, but they add charges.

And for the DVC washers - that makes a HUGE difference for us in our packing plans. :D

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Hubby reminded me when I mentioned this to him. Get the soft-sided bags that hook onto the roof (not exactly sure how but there are instructions with them)

You can get the soft sided bags at Sears I know.

This is what we do too. We have a Toyota Highlander and with two adults and two teenagers plus two smaller children.... we were PACKED. We had the bag on the top and packed it first and it helped so much. :)

My sister has a Honda Pilot and on the trip before last, they bought so much stuff that her DH bought a bag but when they started to pack he realized that the bag would not fit on his rack. So what did he do? He left the bag in the parking lot for someone else to use. They didn't have room in the truck to fit it in. :)

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
I had gone to the local sears auto center, thet had the 13 and 15 foot bags on display. Give me a break, they are so small. I even asked if they were the real ones and just not displays, they were the true sizes. :eek: And bookoo bucks, 89 just for the 13 sq foot one:veryconfu :confused: I've got a couple of websites that have the same size bags for at least half of what sears was asking. So I'm gonna check them out in more detail. If anybody knows somewhere else that yiu can get a good bag for the roof of a car or truck that has no rack, please let me know. Thanks

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom