Capture Your Moment comes to all 4 parks (with a price increase).

zapple

Original Poster
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...VpetJu0MzCcXmyWCNMTtBN1orBnk5pzW7G-y1rjscQo9A

It was $50, now it’s $79. And these are actual pictures they shared on the photopass Facebook page:

Now you can have a photo of your kids with a giant potted plant at HS!
59DBD4BE-7749-4AB9-AB82-43B28F62BE38.png

Was this taken in someone’s courtyard at Golden Oak?
5C873C14-E24E-418C-AE77-F744C01E0034.jpeg

Hey, there’s a green blob in front of us!
0015D420-2C1B-42DE-976F-5FB666BF251F.jpeg

Hey, there’s a green…you know what, never mind.
05575BFA-93AC-4526-A4A8-12BA624A8527.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hey, that 40% increase in per-guest spending isn’t going to fund itself. Think about upper management for a change - They are under a lot of pressure to keep margins high and the profits even higher. I hear it’s a stressful job. The CEO doesn’t even have hair anymore because of how much time and energy he’s poured into TWDC!! 😂

TP2000

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...VpetJu0MzCcXmyWCNMTtBN1orBnk5pzW7G-y1rjscQo9A

It was $50, now it’s $79. And these are actual pictures they shared on the photopass Facebook page:

Now you can have a photo of your kids with a giant potted plant at HS!
View attachment 620337

Was this taken in someone’s courtyard at Golden Oak?
View attachment 620338

Hey, there’s a green blob in front of us!
View attachment 620339

Hey, there’s a green…you know what, never mind.
View attachment 620340

It's just past Midnight here in unseasonably warm Southern California, and since I'm enjoying a patio nightcap I had to reread your post two times over to make sure I wasn't getting a prank. Cause sometimes it takes me a moment. :rolleyes:

But... nope. These photos, and this entire $79 concept, is real.

My God. What's the point of this exactly? Except to prove that Disney World has lots of potted plants that can artfully obscure a carefully curated portraiture? Like, why would anyone do this at Disney World? Especially when most of the shots could be taken in any upscale mall or McMansion side yard in America? Disney is just getting weird.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It would be better if they made it more realistic.

"Professional photos of little Timmy passed out in the stroller and little Sally with chocolate fudge stains from a mickey bar on her shirt, Dad looking tired and sweaty from pushing a stroller in the heat and mom starring at her phone in frustration as she can't find a Lightning Lane selection"

Or

Let us capture that magical moment when you harass the 19 year old Cast Member at Sci Fi Dine-In because you can't get a reservation and threaten them with remarks of "do you know how much money I've spent to be here"!!

So Over It

It would be better if they made it more realistic.
What's unrealistic about the examples Disney provided?

Take the top photo of the two children for example. Anyone who's ever visited the parks with little ones can tell you the first thing any child does when entering the front gates is to rush to the nearest decorative shrubbery and admire it.

And the photo beneath it with the family in the courtyard? I can't tell you how many times my family just stopped randomly and we all stared aimlessly at each other for several moments while grinning.

TP2000

This is all just so... weird. Especially the framing and the staging they've selected as samples. Potted plants and unrecognizeable backgrounds. Who cares?

At least that Epcot photo of the two young men who are patiently waiting in World Showcase for their girlfriends to finish shopping at Mitsukoshi has Spaceship Earth in the background. But it's the only sample with anything remotely tied to Disney World.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This is all just so... weird. Especially the framing and the staging they've selected as samples. Potted plants and unrecognizeable backgrounds. Who cares?

At least that Epcot photo of the two young men who are patiently waiting in World Showcase for their girlfriends to finish shopping at Mitsukoshi has Spaceship Earth in the background. But it's the only sample with anything remotely tied to Disney World.
Unless you include the Grim Grinning Family at the Haunted Mansion exit in the second shot...

TP2000

Unless you include the Grim Grinning Family at the Haunted Mansion exit in the second shot...

Is that honestly where that's taken?

Somewhere in the depths of my brain it seemed to me that it was taken in the Italy pavilion. Or at the Spectrum Shopping Center in Irvine, California. Or at a gaudy McMansion built in 2007 in Newport Coast, California.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Is that honestly where that's taken?

Somewhere in the depths of my brain it seemed to me that it was taken in the Italy pavilion. Or at the Spectrum Shopping Center in Irvine, California. Or at a gaudy McMansion built in 2007 in Newport Coast, California.
Look at the escutcheon on the wall behind them to their right.

Now that 4th photo has me stumped... I don't know where those spiral columns are.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom