Capture Your Moment comes to all 4 parks (with a price increase).

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My dog visited WDW and utilized Capture The Moment.

20220215_173243.jpg

20220215_173248.jpg

Great day at Magic Kingdom!

drizgirl

I concur that the sample photos they posted are awful. But I get what they're going for. They're looking for out of the way places you can do some shots without a bunch of other people. And since these are not done before hours, it's a real consideration.

Tom P.

Are people really bothered that there are other people in the background of their photos at Walt Disney World? I mean, it's... Walt Disney World. I think it looks weird to *not* have a bunch of people wandering around in the background. I really don't see the advantage of this over just having a PhotoPass photographer take your family photo.

ImperfectPixie

Are people really bothered that there are other people in the background of their photos at Walt Disney World? I mean, it's... Walt Disney World. I think it looks weird to *not* have a bunch of people wandering around in the background. I really don't see the advantage of this over just having a PhotoPass photographer take your family photo.
Asking for free photo editing services to remove people not in your party is a "thing" in the Disney FB groups (or at least was when I was in a bunch of them). My favorite is when people do it in ridiculous ways to let the poster know that asking people to work for free is ridiculous.

TikibirdLand

Asking for free photo editing services to remove people not in your party is a "thing" in the Disney FB groups (or at least was when I was in a bunch of them). My favorite is when people do it in ridiculous ways to let the poster know that asking people to work for free is ridiculous.
Seems like a good service. Set up your tripod to take multiple shots of the same angle and have a computer program remove the moving objects in the background. Finally, you could have your perfect castle shot with no one in the background!

ImperfectPixie

Seems like a good service. Set up your tripod to take multiple shots of the same angle and have a computer program remove the moving objects in the background. Finally, you could have your perfect castle shot with no one in the background!
Unfortunately people don't realize that removing objects from photos is very time consuming. You don't just have to make sure no pixels of the original object remain, you also then have to re-create whatever is behind what you removed.

And don't get me started on people wanting to add people who weren't present for the original picture...they think the images will blend seamlessly regardless of different lighting, etc.

TikibirdLand

Unfortunately people don't realize that removing objects from photos is very time consuming. You don't just have to make sure no pixels of the original object remain, you also then have to re-create whatever is behind what you removed.

And don't get me started on people wanting to add people who weren't present for the original picture...they think the images will blend seamlessly regardless of different lighting, etc.
A few years ago, I had to add my SIL to a family reunion photo at the request of my MIL. I had so much fun with putting her (my SIL) in various locations throughout the photo and emailing it to my MIL. Even used her face on everyone in the picture (THAT took some time!). But, my MIL's reaction each time she received it was hilarious! Once, I even replaced the final -- good -- version with one of the fakes. It took here a couple of weeks before she noticed it!

ImperfectPixie

A few years ago, I had to add my SIL to a family reunion photo at the request of my MIL. I had so much fun with putting her (my SIL) in various locations throughout the photo and emailing it to my MIL. Even used her face on everyone in the picture (THAT took some time!). But, my MIL's reaction each time she received it was hilarious! Once, I even replaced the final -- good -- version with one of the fakes. It took here a couple of weeks before she noticed it!
I used to mess with my friends all the time...turned one into Flounder from the Little Mermaid, another into Dreamfinder...I also used to put them hiding in various Disney attractions as if they belonged there.

So Over It

When done properly, those photos can look authentic and believable.

A few years ago, I wanted to make some people on a Disney FB group believe my family dined with a famous celebrity during a recent trip. With a lot of time and patience, I pulled it off remarkably.
21822a.jpg

I mean, nobody ever spoke to me again in that FB group. so I'm assuming their silence was due to admiration and high respect (?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom