Capture Your Moment comes to all 4 parks (with a price increase).

So Over It

Apparently this service is being expanded to include the resorts as well.

Starting with Contemporary
21222a.jpg

And Poly
21222b.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
What's unrealistic about the examples Disney provided?

Take the top photo of the two children for example. Anyone who's ever visited the parks with little ones can tell you the first thing any child does when entering the front gates is to rush to the nearest decorative shrubbery and admire it.

And the photo beneath it with the family in the courtyard? I can't tell you how many times my family just stopped randomly and we all stared aimlessly at each other for several moments while grinning.
I remember as a child, after the long car ride to WDW with hours of excitement building up and then FINALLY entering MK, my brother, sisters and I rushed not to Space Mountain or Pirates of The Caribean or any of the amazing attractions we had dreamed of experiencing. No....

Our endeavors were focused on donning our church clothes, finding foliage and preserving the moment with a photograph.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Look at the escutcheon on the wall behind them to their right.

Now that 4th photo has me stumped... I don't know where those spiral columns are.

The plaque looks pretty similar to the Haunted Mansion variety, but I don't think it is? I just can't place where at the Mansion this would be at all, especially with the vibrant foilage. I'm also not aware of a small Mansion plaque next to a door anywhere at the attraction.

Can anybody place this one? I'm like 80% sure it's somewhere in Italy.

Sir_Cliff

The plaque looks pretty similar to the Haunted Mansion variety, but I don't think it is? I just can't place where at the Mansion this would be at all, especially with the vibrant foilage. I'm also not aware of a small Mansion plaque next to a door anywhere at the attraction.

september-2020-epcot-italy-pavilion-general-2.jpg

Is it around the lower right-hand corner of this image?

EDIT: Yep, seems to be at this iconic location:

it%2017.JPG

Castle Cake Apologist

That's where I was thinking! The columns and arched details in the wall are the same, and I believe that is the style of planter found in that corner. I think the plaque may be a small secondary sign for Il Bel Cristallo or La Gemma Elegante.

I think Cheapek is missing the bigger opportunity here. A premium version of "Where in the World?"

Diamond Dot

It would be better if they made it more realistic.

"Professional photos of little Timmy passed out in the stroller and little Sally with chocolate fudge stains from a mickey bar on her shirt, Dad looking tired and sweaty from pushing a stroller in the heat and mom starring at her phone in frustration as she can't find a Lightning Lane selection"

Or

Let us capture that magical moment when you harass the 19 year old Cast Member at Sci Fi Dine-In because you can't get a reservation and threaten them with remarks of "do you know how much money I've spent to be here"!!
I've seen the last one happen on 7DMT far too many times.

Patcheslee

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...VpetJu0MzCcXmyWCNMTtBN1orBnk5pzW7G-y1rjscQo9A

It was $50, now it’s $79. And these are actual pictures they shared on the photopass Facebook page:

Now you can have a photo of your kids with a giant potted plant at HS!
View attachment 620337

Was this taken in someone’s courtyard at Golden Oak?
View attachment 620338

Hey, there’s a green blob in front of us!
View attachment 620339

Hey, there’s a green…you know what, never mind.
View attachment 620340
I recognize some of these green blobs: Lifetouch school photos 🙃 . Price point is almost the same for packages as well....

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

I thought I recognized that as a "Cast Members Only" sign near the exit, but I agree that it's that back plaza area in Italy.

TP2000

EDIT: Yep, seems to be at this iconic location:

it%2017.JPG

Thank you! That's it!

When I saw that photo for the first time, my brain instantly said "Italy Pavilion". Although I was open to someone telling me that it was Haunted Mansion, but my brain just didn't like that suggestion.

Isn't it funny how the brain works? I probably wandered around for a few minutes in the back of the pavilion once in 1984 or something, and it imprinted on me just enough to recall it 40 years later. 🧐

Patcheslee

They are SO BAD. I wish the schools would use small, local photographers.
We've sent back packages multiple times with them, even with parent complaints the school continues to use them. The only local photographers here do senior pictures, but session fees start at $890 before even ordering pictures. With pictures they have a minimum $3000 "investment"

Texas84

This is all just so... weird. Especially the framing and the staging they've selected as samples. Potted plants and unrecognizeable backgrounds. Who cares?

At least that Epcot photo of the two young men who are patiently waiting in World Showcase for their girlfriends to finish shopping at Mitsukoshi has Spaceship Earth in the background. But it's the only sample with anything remotely tied to Disney World.
Are we allowed to use the laughing emoji here? I can't keep up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom