Captain Marvel 2: "The Marvels" -- Nov 10, 2023 Theatrical Release

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The Marvels and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania have swapped release dates. Both Disney/Marvel films are moving along very nicely, we hear, but the Ant-Man sequel is further along in the production process, and it was a simple decision by the studio to swap the release dates.

Ant-Man 3, previously dated for July 28, 2023, now goes four months earlier on February 17.

Captain Marvel sequel The Marvels, previously on that February date, now goes to July 28 next year."

DCLcruiser

"The Marvels and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania have swapped release dates. Both Disney/Marvel films are moving along very nicely, we hear, but the Ant-Man sequel is further along in the production process, and it was a simple decision by the studio to swap the release dates.

Ant-Man 3, previously dated for July 28, 2023, now goes four months earlier on February 17.

Captain Marvel sequel The Marvels, previously on that February date, now goes to July 28 next year."

So clearly their storylines don't impact the other. I would guess The Marvels is not Kang or Multiverse related.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Marvels has been pushed from July 28th to November 10th - here's the new poster.

FpLxbq8XsAAIcXi (1).jpeg

DKampy

Actually a good move. They need another November and late fall/winter looks bleak right now.
Forget reshoots or fixing problems…I would not worry about any of those theories…I think this is the reason it moved… it did not make sense to have 2 marvel moves in the summer and nothing for the holidays plus it shortens the length of the drought of no marvel films for the next one

vikescaper

Forget reshoots or fixing problems…I would not worry about any of those theories…I think this is the reason it moved… it did not make sense to have 2 marvel moves in the summer and nothing for the holidays plus it shortens the length of the drought of no marvel films for the next one
It did not make sense to have two in the summer so I am happy that they moved The Marvels to November.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

It did not make sense to have two in the summer so I am happy that they moved The Marvels to November.
While I don't mind it moving to November, there have been many years where there were two MCU summer releases. For example last year there were two MCU summer releases with Strange2 and Thor4 and they did just fine. One of them even came close to crossing the $1B mark. So I don't see any issue with two MCU summer releases, and it appears most fans don't either.

Also unless more release schedules change, next year (2024) will see two MCU summer releases with New World Order in May and Thunderbolts in July.

DKampy

While I don'tan have 2 summer. Marvel releases mind it moving to November, there have been many years where there were two MCU summer releases. For example last year there were two MCU summer releases with Strange2 and Thor4 and they did just fine. One of them even came close to crossing the $1B mark. So I don't see any issue with two MCU summer releases, and it appears most fans don't either.

Also unless more release schedules change, next year (2024) will see two MCU summer releases with New World Order in May and Thunderbolts in July.
I agree…you can have 2 summer marvel releases, but it is a better option to move 1 when you don’t have a Nov/Dec release

vikescaper

While I don't mind it moving to November, there have been many years where there were two MCU summer releases. For example last year there were two MCU summer releases with Strange2 and Thor4 and they did just fine. One of them even came close to crossing the $1B mark. So I don't see any issue with two MCU summer releases, and it appears most fans don't either.

I know having two summer releases is inevitable, especially next year with four movies releasing. As big of an MCU fanboy I am, the D+ shows were starting to burn me out and I would rather have them focus on making quality movies. I think in The Marvels case, it made perfect sense to move it to November since there wouldn’t have been an MCU movie from July to next May.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I agree…you can have 2 summer marvel releases, but it is a better option to move 1 when you don’t have a Nov/Dec release

I know having two summer releases is inevitable, especially next year with four movies releasing. As big of an MCU fanboy I am, the D+ shows were starting to burn me out and I would rather have them focus on making quality movies. I think in The Marvels case, it made perfect sense to move it to November since there wouldn’t have been an MCU movie from July to next May.
I agree in this particular case it made sense to move The Marvels to November.

For me though I’m fine with having no holiday release of an MCU film. Let other Disney films take up those slots, or even other studios.

And personally I've enjoyed all the MCU shows on D+, so kind of sad that they are reconsidering making more of them.

Eric Graham

Im really looking forward to this movie. A friend of mine who owned a restaurant in a neighboring state told me that when they were filming one of the Avenger's movies. That all of them came in one day and ate at his restaurant. He said it was a pretty cool experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom