Captain Jack Sparrow

nibblesandbits

CoffeeJedi said:
wasn't there some country video where they made up some guy EXACTLY like Jack, and people actually thought it was Jonny Depp?

Yes...it was Terri Clark's video "Girls Lie Too" and he did look a lot like Johnny Depp, especially at first sight.

wdwishes2005

rainfully said:
I for one would LOVE a Jack Sparrow face character... it would make for some great guest interactions. (Not to mention I would totally swoon!) Now that I think about it, I wonder why it hasn't happened yet.

they probably have trouble finding a johnny depp clone..

Thumper 32

wickedqueen said:
Well, some might say it is impossible to find girls who look like Julie Andrews too and yet Mary Poppins is found in the parks!

Thanks for finally pointing that out! THere have been MANY face characters based on real actors. Off the top of my head, there's Mary Poppins, Bert, Davy Crockett, Indiana Jones, Pete (as in Pete's Dragon), all the Star Wars Weekends characters, Ace Ventura (yeah, not Disney, but he did appear at MGM back in the day), etc...

Jack Sparrow would totally work in the parks and should have been done a long time ago.

FantasmicFan

Thumper 32 said:

Thanks for finally pointing that out! THere have been MANY face characters based on real actors. Off the top of my head, there's Mary Poppins, Bert, Davy Crockett, Indiana Jones, Pete (as in Pete's Dragon), all the Star Wars Weekends characters, Ace Ventura (yeah, not Disney, but he did appear at MGM back in the day), etc...

Jack Sparrow would totally work in the parks and should have been done a long time ago.

Yea that's a brilliant point actually, Jack Sparrow would so work!

A "Ghost" Host

I've only heard that they will be adding AA to the ride, featuring Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and Capt. Barbosa. If he walks around I know my sis will be thrilled! (She works in the Pirtates store, so that should be interesting.)

bluefaery

Original Poster
nibblesandbits said:
Yes...it was Terri Clark's video "Girls Lie Too" and he did look a lot like Johnny Depp, especially at first sight.

It was a friend of the directors.

Tara Mae

I think if they let a Jack Sparrow character into the parks that looked like Depp, they'd have too many teen girls trying to molest him. lol

(Me not being one of them, of course. ;) )

Seriously, I think it would be a good idea, a way of entertainment when stuck in line at "Pirates of the Caribbean". Have him do a sword fight with a volunteer, or have him walk around drunkenly, singing "Pirates Life for Me". lol

wdwishes2005

Tara Mae said:
I think if they let a Jack Sparrow character into the parks that looked like Depp, they'd have too many teen girls trying to molest him. lol

(Me not being one of them, of course. ;) )

Seriously, I think it would be a good idea, a way of entertainment when stuck in line at "Pirates of the Caribbean". Have him do a sword fight with a volunteer, or have him walk around drunkenly, singing "Pirates Life for Me". lol
theres a line at pirates?!?!?!:eek: longest i have EVER had to wait was ten minutes.

Chris_TX

Adding a Jack Sparrow AA would be ok, as long as they stop there. What would be next? Jennifer Tilly in the Haunted Mansion? :)

bluefaery

Original Poster
Chris_TX said:
Adding a Jack Sparrow AA would be ok, as long as they stop there. What would be next? Jennifer Tilly in the Haunted Mansion? :)

Yeah that would be wierd. I mean JT playing Madame Leota is fine and all, but don't add her to the ride. I mean, the ML now is perfect. Disney should not even mess with classic rides. The HM being one of them.

Tara Mae

wdwishes2005 said:
theres a line at pirates?!?!?!:eek: longest i have EVER had to wait was ten minutes.

I've never been in a line longer than five minutes at "Pirates", but we passed by once and they had the line extended past the shop...the sign said expected wait of 30 minutes. And this was in January, one of the empty months.

wdwishes2005

Tara Mae said:
I've never been in a line longer than five minutes at "Pirates", but we passed by once and they had the line extended past the shop...the sign said expected wait of 30 minutes. And this was in January, one of the empty months.
breakdown maybe? weird the longest ive ever been back in the line was about the part right before the jail....

tracyandalex

i would love a face character, but i can only truly be happy if it's mr. depp himself!!! i would love to get my picture with johnny in his jack sparrow get up :slurp:

tracy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom