Captain EO Soft Open To Public Today

Evil Genius

How did I ever miss that in this thread!?!? :)

I don't know...but all something has to have are the two aboved mentioned details and I'm sold!

On a serious note, I'm a little bummed that by the time we're able to get back to WDW the show will more than likely already be replaced. I remember seeing Captain EO as a childen in '87 on my first Disney trip and really is one of the major memories I have of that vacation. To be able to relive that once as an adult would've been nice.

Timekeeper

Has Disney provided any information as to the minimum run for this show? In other words, is there a date until which the show guaranteed to remain open through? :confused:

PirateFrank

So, remind me again, who is it that gets to decide which crimes (stemming from accusations) are "pass" worthy and which crimes are not? :brick:

Because a steven tyler drug offense is not a tort in nature, i.e. an attack on a person....of which a child molestation charge most certainly is....and given Disney's business model and how children play an integral part of it, quite an egregious offense. I'd expect most people with a pulse to see the distinction....:shrug:

There's a reason why a state board of accountancy wont grant a cpa license to someone who was engaged in financial fraud, yet be ok with that same person if all he or she did was a driving misdemeanor.

PirateFrank

But see...here we get on a slipery slope.

You cannot simply thrust your moral standards on everything claiming they are the end all be all. Just because you (and I for that matter) think it was creepy...weird...any number of adjectives we cannot say just because WE don't approve that we cast him out! We have to allow the judicial system to do its job. And believe justice was served and not allow personal ethics to get involved.

If you want to personally boycott him...I see no issue with that. However you cannot play morality police.

And it is equally a slippery slope to expect a private child-related industry to only adhere to the rule of law and not apply judgment in situations that merit it.

Law is the *lowest* form of societal expectations, NOT the highest. Adhering to it only protects you from exposure to the law.....

There are plenty of cases where companies and individuals did what the law required, and nothing more.....and were still VERY wrong in their decisions and actions.

wizards8507

PirateFrank, they yelled at me earlier for posting "Michael Jackson" topics in this exclusively "Captain EO" thread. Do me a favor and head over to the "Poll" thread. It would be nice to have another reader who understands the basics of tort law.

Of course I saw this years ago at Epcot. Started watching on utube and couldn't get past the first 5 minutes. It's sooo bad. Amazing they'd bring this back but lose the Adventurers Club !!

RobGraves

ok... so how about this... for those against MJ but ok with Steven Tyler...

What about when Steven Tyler and Live Tyler alluded to possibly having slept together in an interview.... does incest count if drug abuse doesnt?

What about the accusations against Walt himself?

When do accusations and innuendo become conviction?

If someone accused you of a crime you didnt commit... and you were found not guilty... how well would you handle spending the rest of your life and beyond having people still accusing you.

Evil Genius

^^Yes! As I said you cannot depend on a company to play morality police. It isn't their job.

Plus as it's been stated countless times here...the amount of people lining up for the show should indicate what side of this debate most folks line up on.

What about when Steven Tyler and Live Tyler alluded to possibly having slept together in an interview.... does incest count if drug abuse doesnt?

If someone accused you of a crime you didnt commit... and you were found not guilty... how well would you handle spending the rest of your life and beyond having people still accusing you.
You mean like the innuendo of MJ dangling Blanket from a balcony???

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

How about dropping all of it, especially bringing up the insipid Walt drivel in every other post?

POPULAR??? watch it on uTube and then tell me honestly that it doesn't suck. Granted, twas prob time to end Honey I Shrunk Audience, but geeez, getting this crud out of mothballs just because the guy unfortunately passed....

Wether the guy had a special place in Hades reserved for him is probably a topic for a completely different message board..

AEfx

I have written to disney through e-mail and regular mail, and intend on filing a complaint at guest services when I arrive in Nov. It is an absolute disgrace to have this "man" being honored.

No matter what your opinion, I find that really sad. :(

"What are you going to do first when you get to Epcot? SSE? Soarin'? Test Track?"

"Nope, I'm going to go file a complaint about an attraction when I arrive."

Sounds absolutely magical...

Swfewrmco

No matter what your opinion, I find that really sad. :(

"What are you going to do first when you get to Epcot? SSE? Soarin'? Test Track?"

"Nope, I'm going to go file a complaint about an attraction when I arrive."

Sounds absolutely magical...

Some people have a lot of free time on their hands. Goodness knows the one time a year I get to be at WDW, I'm not walking around with a clipboard noting every instance of peeling paint, wood rot, or unpolished brass, so I can hand in the list at Guest Relations and pat myself on the back for being so vigilant. I guess some folks just want to make themselves feel the importance that their everyday lives deny them.

the-reason14

Some people have a lot of free time on their hands. Goodness knows the one time a year I get to be at WDW, I'm not walking around with a clipboard noting every instance of peeling paint, wood rot, or unpolished brass, so I can hand in the list at Guest Relations and pat myself on the back for being so vigilant. I guess some folks just want to make themselves feel the importance that their everyday lives deny them.

It's funny cuz I can almost see people here doing that lol. Are people here really planning trips to guest relations just to complain about a show they don't have to go to? I haven't read all the replies so I wouldn't know, but if so, then wow!

CaptainJackNO

I have an excellent idea. If you want to see Captain EO when you are in EPCOT, go check it out. If you don't want to see Captain EO when you are in EPCOT, don't. There, problem solved.:confused::shrug::confused:

the-reason14

I have an excellent idea. If you want to see Captain EO when you are in EPCOT, go check it out. If you don't want to see Captain EO when you are in EPCOT, don't. There, problem solved.:confused::shrug::confused:

So simple isn't it, and yet people somehow want to make it more complicated than that. I've seen it 4 times so far since I've been here, and it's definately something that had to grow on me. The best part to me is the music which is what MJ does/did best. But I enjoy it and probably will see it several more times before my 2 weeks trip is up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom