Captain EO Soft Open To Public Today

Captain Neo

hurr johnny depp was a drug addict maybe we should remove Jack Sparrow from the parks and lets get rid of Star Tours since PeeWee Herman was caught being a pervert. Funny thing is MJ was innocent and this was proven in court. It was media hysteria.

jonnyc

I went to see it last week for the first ever time. I thought the parts involving music were good, but the acting (or lack of) lasting far too long. I realise there is little they can change about it now.

WelshBatman

hurr johnny depp was a drug addict maybe we should remove Jack Sparrow from the parks and lets get rid of Star Tours since PeeWee Herman was caught being a pervert. Funny thing is MJ was innocent and this was proven in court. It was media hysteria.

There's a difference between being acquitted and "proven innocent." Michael Jackson was not proven innocent, the jury just didn't have the evidence that they needed to convict. They did their job. Whether he did anything or not is anyone's guess but there's something fishy about the whole thing. But he was not proven innocent... And when he paid off the first "victim," it's not looking too good for his innocence.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There's a difference between being acquitted and "proven innocent." Michael Jackson was not proven innocent, the jury just didn't have the evidence that they needed to convict. They did their job. Whether he did anything or not is anyone's guess but there's something fishy about the whole thing. But he was not proven innocent... And when he paid off the first "victim," it's not looking too good for his innocence.

So...

How does one prove themselves innocent in your legal system? Oh, right... If you're accused of anything at all in America (or in any other democratic society) you can't!

I've done lots of things that could be considered suspicious or at least questionable in someone else's eyes. I've never been charged with any criminal act, but I am satisified that I would not be convicted should I be. But you probably know better than any jury of my peers.

WelshBatman

You can get all mad if you want... I didn't come up with the system so bark all you want. It's just a fact.

The American Legal System is the best money can buy (and I mean that sarcastically in case you can't pick it up) and there are thousands of ways to manipulate it. This is why O.J. Simpson was acquitted... despite the world still thinking he did it, he was acquitted of murder...

I'm not saying the system is perfect, far from it, but what I'm saying is the truth. The evidence wasn't there so Jackson was acquitted, it doesn't mean he was innocent. Quite frankly, I don't care. He's dead and Captain Eo can't get much more dated than it is and to re-introduce an attraction like that into Future World is beyond me.

P.S. if you want to read about the injustices in the American Legal System, read about the West Memphis Three and enjoy. And don't bark like that just because don't agree with what someone said, they may still be on your side and agree with you.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You can get all mad if you want... I didn't come up with the system so bark all you want. It's just a fact.

The American Legal System is the best money can buy (and I mean that sarcastically in case you can't pick it up) and there are thousands of ways to manipulate it. This is why O.J. Simpson was acquitted... despite the world still thinking he did it, he was acquitted of murder...

I'm not saying the system is perfect, far from it, but what I'm saying is the truth. The evidence wasn't there so Jackson was acquitted, it doesn't mean he was innocent. Quite frankly, I don't care. He's dead and Captain Eo can't get much more dated than it is and to re-introduce an attraction like that into Future World is beyond me.

P.S. if you want to read about the injustices in the American Legal System, read about the West Memphis Three and enjoy. And don't bark like that just because don't agree with what someone said, they may still be on your side and agree with you.

Bark? :lol:

Trust me, that wasn't me barking. I just don't agree that there was anything illegal in what MJ was involved with. Illadvised? Innappropriate? Most probably. But there's nothing to say it was illegal. But in a legal system where no-one can ever "prove" their innocence, people can foment all sorts of garbage and profess that they are just expressing opinion...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Bark? :lol:

Trust me, that wasn't me barking. I just don't agree that there was anything illegal in what MJ was involved with. Illadvised? Innappropriate? Most probably. But there's nothing to say it was illegal. But in a legal system where no-one can ever "prove" their innocence, people can foment all sorts of garbage and profess that they are just expressing opinion...

And that exactly what keeps magazines like the National Enquirer in business. They feed peoples desire for scandal and trash news. It doesn't have to be true, only plausible.

WelshBatman

And I, in a way, agreed with you. It's not a perfect system. There was something weird going on with what he was doing like you said inappropriate or illadvised or whatever, it was weird. But getting all mad at the system and people for not agreeing isn't right dude, especially when it's not your system.

The system is flawed and lawyers know it. They care less about their client's innocence and more about just winning cuz it means dollar signs. I have a cousin who is a lawyer and he's a slimeball and I've met enough to know that too many of them are tainted by the almighty dollar. Not all, but enough to make me distrust the entire profession.

In a case like Jackson's, it's not up to the court to prove his innocence, it's up the general public. Like O.J. or Michael Jackson, the people will have their own opinions and will judge these people no matter what the facts are. People say Yoko Ono broke up the Beatles despite what John, Paul, George, and Ringo had said. There is a stigma around Jackson's name that will always remain. There's nothing that can change that. Especially because of the nature of the crimes which he was accused of, whether he did them or not. That's not the American Legal System though, that's human nature (heh almost a pun there) and it's the same everywhere. The main question here though is whether it belongs in Disney...

I just don't get it. Nothing screams Future World like an obsolete film from 24 years ago. I don't care if it was Michael Jackson in it or not, the film is the problem. I'd have more of a problem with what this looks like for Disney, they're trying to cash in on a celebrity death.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And that exactly what keeps magazines like the National Enquirer in business. They feed peoples desire for scandal and trash news. It doesn't have to be true, only plausible.

Sounds like some of the rumors being spread in these forums too. :rolleyes:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
And I, in a way, agreed with you. It's not a perfect system. There was something weird going on with what he was doing like you said inappropriate or illadvised or whatever, it was weird. But getting all mad at the system and people for not agreeing isn't right dude, especially when it's not your system.

The system is flawed and lawyers know it. They care less about their client's innocence and more about just winning cuz it means dollar signs. I have a cousin who is a lawyer and he's a slimeball and I've met enough to know that too many of them are tainted by the almighty dollar. Not all, but enough to make me distrust the entire profession.

In a case like Jackson's, it's not up to the court to prove his innocence, it's up the general public. Like O.J. or Michael Jackson, the people will have their own opinions and will judge these people no matter what the facts are. People say Yoko Ono broke up the Beatles despite what John, Paul, George, and Ringo had said. There is a stigma around Jackson's name that will always remain. There's nothing that can change that. Especially because of the nature of the crimes which he was accused of, whether he did them or not. That's not the American Legal System though, that's human nature (heh almost a pun there) and it's the same everywhere. The main question here though is whether it belongs in Disney...

I just don't get it. Nothing screams Future World like an obsolete film from 24 years ago. I don't care if it was Michael Jackson in it or not, the film is the problem. I'd have more of a problem with what this looks like for Disney, they're trying to cash in on a celebrity death.
That has been my problem with this all along. It just looks like a money grabbing capitalization of his death.

I, for one, am glad that the show is seeing success and appreciation. :sohappy:

What is the success based on? Facts/Figures?

I was there a week ago, no one, and i mean no one was going to watch it. It was a ghost town. To be fair there were people, but I remember lines being longer for HISTA. A poor move by Walt Disney World IMO. Seems to me the only people that enjoy it and go to see it are die hards. Anyone else (most notably first timers) will not understand what this is, and be disappointed with the lack of effects and 80'sness. I did not see it, but I was curious of how it was doing, asked a cast member that was at the merchandise both, stated that "some" people seemed excited, but again, Its a minority.

Good "tribute" (even though its for the money) to a wonderful artist (dont care too much about personal life), but I hope this is gone within the next year

WelshBatman

Exactly, it's there for no other purpose and I realize it says "tribute" (or it does in anaheim) but they were so quick to get rid of Eo 16 years ago and now they bring it back. It's a shame that they see just the dollar signs and it's the problem I've had with this situation all along. It's not just Disney. This man went from being the biggest pop star in the world to becoming a target for scandal and then when he dies it's like nothing happened in between. I have a real problem with these "fans" who were nowhere to be found once the allegations dropped with a public that ran him out of this country, all of a sudden celebrating his life and music when he dies. He became a punchline and now it's like, "he was so great, let's remember him." Disney's in this for the money, hoping to tap into the hysteria and hoopla around his death.

WelshBatman

Perhaps that's why some of us have a problem with it, we don't want to see that Disney's in something just for the money. We think there has to be something else. But sometimes the excuses run out and you just get disappointed. I just hope that they have something cool to replace it. I think that's what my problem is actually, just the fact that you hope Disney has something up their sleeve and then they make a show to announce they're bringing back an old attraction. It's disappointing that they don't have something else. Some new tech for a 3-D show or something. I mean when Eo came out it was pretty awesome. 3D was in its infancy and it was cool. But now you can go see 3D movies at cinemas or buy a 3D TV and the novelty has dropped. So you hope Disney has something to add but they just bring back an obsolete attraction.

Ultimately, I don't really care. If I feel so motivated, I might go for nostalgia's sake, but it's not gonna be my sole reason for going to Epcot. Perhaps they should have started on this rumored Imagination refurb and if they're so hungry for money, they could have sold the shirts and other merch at mousegear or something. They could have printed a DVD or Blu-ray or something but I'm not sure bringing back the attraction as they did was the right thing. In the light of something like Harry Potter (and I'm not trying to stir that pot) they could have had something maybe a bit more appealing.

the-reason14

I went to see it last week for the first ever time. I thought the parts involving music were good, but the acting (or lack of) lasting far too long. I realise there is little they can change about it now.

I agree. It felt like they were trying too hard. But from what some folk on here made it sound like, I was expecting it to be horrible. The best thing about it is the music, but its far from horrible. I enjoyed it.

Valo216

Even with Disney only doing it for the money, which is why they do everything btw, there are a lot of us that are big MJ fans who have never been able to see this on the big screen in 3D. If you don't like it don't go, its going to be gone in a year or so anyways. Get over it, or you could just keep complaining for the next year just to hear yourself whine.

Even with Disney only doing it for the money, which is why they do everything btw, there are a lot of us that are big MJ fans who have never been able to see this on the big screen in 3D. If you don't like it don't go, its going to be gone in a year or so anyways. Get over it, or you could just keep complaining for the next year just to hear yourself whine.

Its the fact that they are making money off the death, not the fact they are just doing it for the money. Of course they do things for money, WDW is a business. And i for one have taken the, "if you dont like it dont go" path, im just curious to see what the so called "success" of the attraction is based on. :shrug: When i went it was not an attraction that was booming, like i said it had the same or less crowds then HISTA did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom