Captain Cook's closes in March

Soarin' Over Pgh

You would think they would have thought about this earlier! I've noticed most of the deluxe resorts have pretty small CS options with little to no seating (BWR - Boardwalk Bakery, CR - Contempo Cafe, WL - Roaring Forks) what do the people who normally stay in these resorts only eat expensive TS meals or something?

When there's a gorgeous view right outside the doors to said CS, and two pools with plenty of lounges, seats and tables, plus seating in the shade, why stay inside? :)

NiarrNDisney

When there's a gorgeous view right outside the doors to said CS, and two pools with plenty of lounges, seats and tables, plus seating in the shade, why stay inside? :)

True but this is not always the case especially on the Boardwalk or the Contemporary's Grand Canyon Concourse where tables are not always available, plus after spending the majority of your day out in Florida's heat some people prefer to cool of in the cool air conditioned atmosphere of a dining room.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
You would think they would have thought about this earlier! I've noticed most of the deluxe resorts have pretty small CS options with little to no seating (BWR - Boardwalk Bakery, CR - Contempo Cafe, WL - Roaring Forks) what do the people who normally stay in these resorts only eat expensive TS meals or something?

You left a deluxe out that does not even have a true QS

Monkee Girl

I can't say I have an answer for you as to if the Monorail will be up an running at 99.9% I guess you can only hope, but don't forget that the Boat shuttles will still be available for travel between the Poly and MK.
As Tikiman has stated there will be a new CS location opening over by Tangorao Terrace to make up for the fact that Captain Cook's will be closed so who knows maybe they will still offer the Dole whip.

I can't say I have an answer for you as to if the Monorail will be up an running at 99.9% I guess you can only hope, but don't forget that the Boat shuttles will still be available for travel between the Poly and MK.

I love the boats. I find it relaxing and adds to the theme of the Poly…I mean, you are supposed to be going to an island…you get to the island by boat. So I have no issue with it. My spoiled cousin on the other hand….needs her monorail, lol

[/quote]As Tikiman has stated there will be a new CS location opening over by Tangorao Terrace to make up for the fact that Captain Cook's will be closed so who knows maybe they will still offer the Dole whip.[/quote]

As I said before, I can eat anywhere. I don't even have to eat at the Poly…it's just the idea that we paid all this money to stay at the resort and it seems all in disarray. Sunset point being gone, Monorail in half use, Quick Service moved (potentially). My cousin starts saying they should charge a discounted construction rate. I agree with her but what can you do? I tell her 'this is where you insist on going, it could be worse.'

And her and these darn Dole Whips! You know she doesn't even eat the pineapple? It's too sweet for her, lol. She only eats the Vanilla….well, that's not a Dole Whip, woman. You can get plain vanilla ice cream anywhere in the park. So the Dole Whip machine being down at the Polly is not the end of the world. And if she needs the Dole Whip she can get one in Adventure Land…It's like she only complains about it because that's the thing to do. She doesn't eat dole whips, but has to have the t-shirt…has to tell every person going to Disney they HAVE to have a Dole Whip! I love the things but they are not as good as people hype them up to be.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I guess I am just dreading having to listen to the eventual and expected complaining. Maybe I will be surprised and she won't complain. Maybe she won't even care and I am just overhyping it in my head? We'll see in 2 months.

NiarrNDisney

I love the boats. I find it relaxing and adds to the theme of the Poly…I mean, you are supposed to be going to an island…you get to the island by boat. So I have no issue with it. My spoiled cousin on the other hand….needs her monorail, lol

As I said before, I can eat anywhere. I don't even have to eat at the Poly…it's just the idea that we paid all this money to stay at the resort and it seems all in disarray. Sunset point being gone, Monorail in half use, Quick Service moved (potentially). My cousin starts saying they should charge a discounted construction rate. I agree with her but what can you do? I tell her 'this is where you insist on going, it could be worse.'

And her and these darn Dole Whips! You know she doesn't even eat the pineapple? It's too sweet for her, lol. She only eats the Vanilla….well, that's not a Dole Whip, woman. You can get plain vanilla ice cream anywhere in the park. So the Dole Whip machine being down at the Polly is not the end of the world. And if she needs the Dole Whip she can get one in Adventure Land…It's like she only complains about it because that's the thing to do. She doesn't eat dole whips, but has to have the t-shirt…has to tell every person going to Disney they HAVE to have a Dole Whip! I love the things but they are not as good as people hype them up to be.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I guess I am just dreading having to listen to the eventual and expected complaining. Maybe I will be surprised and she won't complain. Maybe she won't even care and I am just overhyping it in my head? We'll see in 2 months.

It sounds to me no matter what you or anyone does she is just not going to be happy! Unfortunately there are other people in the world like her, they just want to be heard no matter what the problems are even if they don't apply to them! Remind her that these issues can't be changed though they can be alleviated by changing resorts, going to Aloha Isle in MK, or changing ones point of view just smiling, letting things brush off your shoulder and appreciate the fact that they are on a wonderful trip and not at home where they would otherwise be working and dealing with reality! Either way try to ignore it and enjoy your trip:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom