Captain Cook's closes in March

tikiman

Original Poster
As part of the first phase of the Great Ceremonial House being refurbished/ redesigned Captain Cook’s will have its last day on March 9th. No word on what if anything they will change. It should return to service around August or September. Also there is some information that they believe Trader Sam’s will open in February of 2015. Trader Sam’s will not be located inside the GCH.
An alternate location for quick food service will open up at the Cast Cove located near the old Tangaroa Terrace.

DisneyRunner

I hope it is open when we plan to be there in August. It's one of my family's favorite must dos. On the other hand, I'm planning for February 2015, too. Trader Sam's would be a great stop.

71jason

Also there is some information that they believe Trader Sam’s will open in February of 2015. Trader Sam’s will not be located inside the GCH.

Any speculation as to where? <1 year turn-around on something that could almost be considered an attraction is lightning fast for WDW, so are they repurposing an existing space?

pixargal

Thank you, @tikiman for the update. Looks like things are finally starting to happen at the GCH. My sisters and I will be down for the Princess Half Marathon and will now make it a priority to get over to the Poly.

COProgressFan

As part of the first phase of the Great Ceremonial House being refurbished/ redesigned Captain Cook’s will have its last day on March 9th. No word on what if anything they will change. It should return to service around August or September. Also there is some information that they believe Trader Sam’s will open in February of 2015. Trader Sam’s will not be located inside the GCH.
An alternate location for quick food service will open up at the Cast Cove located near the old Tangaroa Terrace.

Thanks for the info. Anyone else find it a little odd that they are re-doing this area when Captain Cooks, and that entire downstairs wing of the GCH was gutted and renovated not too long ago (2006?)

tikiman

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. Anyone else find it a little odd that they are re-doing this area when Captain Cooks, and that entire downstairs wing of the GCH was gutted and renovated not too long ago (2006?)

2005 was when it was last remodeled. They did not do all the asbestos removal and there is some reconfiguring of the entire GCH involved.

I don’t know what else they have in mind for changing but with the location of Trader Sam’s there may be some different access to Captain Cook’s involved. I am just throwing out some guesses.

Monkee Girl

I would be awfully ticked if I were booked when captn cooks is closed. No 3 am dole whip, poolside? Might as well be at another, cheaper hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my late night iced coffee and dole whip trips to captn cooks... Followed by a nice swim in the quiet pool.

Um yea...we will be there April 18th and heard nothing about this. I don't understand why, if this is happening, they don't post this news so people know. Now I am going to have to deal with my cousin complaining about no Dole Whips...and then complaining that even though we have all this construction and now the QS is closed we still have to pay full price for the hotel. lovely,:mad: lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom