Capacity and capacity

Jrb1979

But you gotta stop with the cedar point stuff.

That isn’t the lane.
Disney is not…Hasn’t been…nor ever will be for ride pounders.
It’s just not. It’s much more for people who don’t want rides.
Then why bother adding more attractions then if guests don't like them. Everyone keeps saying they need more capacity but at the same time aren't ride people.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then why bother adding more attractions then if guests don't like them. Everyone keeps saying they need more capacity but at the same time aren't ride people.
They need more of everything to reverse the disgruntlement trend. Because Disney parks have a balance that’s unique. Tried but never replicated

They need:
1. Rides
2. Inpark dining (their key edge that should never be yielded)
3. Theming and non-ride interaction (no one has ever been that close except very recently at universal)

I love amusement parks…always have
Classic parks (my home turf)
AB parks (the best non-Disney all in)
Universal
Regionals - cedar point being at the top.

But I’ve never been that confused as to who’s running the park I’m in based on look and feel.

Disney has allowed their raw numbers to overrun the feel. They have zero ability to have the ribs of the park “flex” when needed practically daily.
Bad management. Period. No vision or attention to preservation.

Jrb1979

They need more of everything to reverse the disgruntlement trend. Because Disney parks have a balance that’s unique. Tried but never replicated

They need:
1. Rides
2. Inpark dining (their key edge that should never be yielded)
3. Theming and non-ride interaction (no one has ever been that close except very recently at universal)

I love amusement parks…always have
Classic parks (my home turf)
AB parks (the best non-Disney all in)
Universal
Regionals - cedar point being at the top.

But I’ve never been that confused as to who’s running the park I’m in based on look and feel.

Disney has allowed their raw numbers to overrun the feel. They have zero ability to have the ribs of the park “flex” when needed practically daily.
Bad management. Period. No vision or attention to preservation.
Unfortunately I don't see them going back to that. They are too obsessed with ROI with everything. IMO it doesn't matter what park company it is, they don't work that way. You will have things that lose money but do draw people in.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unfortunately I don't see them going back to that. They are too obsessed with ROI with everything. IMO it doesn't matter what park company it is, they don't work that way. You will have things that lose money but do draw people in.
That’s kinda why it looks bad and they’ll sell themselves to Amazon, doesn’t it?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
60 minute wait for that on a Tuesday sound about right?
Lol... Depends.

I was also instructed to not check ANYone's lightning lane reservations... I was instructed to just repeated tap "approve" when it turned blue. Hence extra long lines sometimes..... The manager of Adventureland wanted to save his land's "ratings" from park guests...

SingleRider

Lol... Depends.

I was also instructed to not check ANYone's lightning lane reservations... I was instructed to just repeated tap "approve" when it turned blue. Hence extra long lines sometimes..... The manager of Adventureland wanted to save his land's "ratings" from park guests...
So you could show up 45 minutes early and they won’t care?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So you could show up 45 minutes early and they won’t care?
This was about 5 years ago. Who knows anymore.

But yes... We were instructed not to care whether people had a lightning lane or not. The screen that was used to to check people in lightning lane was visibly destroyed on the right side where it says "approve." lol

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Lol... Depends.

That’s funny my son couldn’t get his to turn green last week on Pirates and they just waved us through.

CaptainAmerica

I just got back from 9 days at WDW and I have a very specific frustration.

The first part of the trip (MLK weekend) especially, there were big crowds and long lines. Which I get. It’s a holiday.

What was frustrating, however, was how the cast members were loading rides.

I grew up as the only son in a family of 5. When we rode rides, I was always the person sitting next to a stranger. If there was room, it was filled.

Apparently we don’t do that anymore.

I rode probably a dozen 2-to-a-row rides with just my 2 boys, and the only one where they seated someone next to my son was Slinky Dog. Otherwise, no matter how long the wait, my kid had a row to himself, and so did a bunch of other nearby riders from odd numbered groups.

It was more egregious on the rides my wife could ride with us on, like LWTL or MMRR or IASW where, again even when there was a meaningful wait, they’d seat just me in a row by myself and leave room for 2 empty.

I get that no one likes to sit with strangers but I mean c’mon. The boats were going out barely more than 60% filled! When the wait for Small World is posted at an hour, or Runaway Railway at 90 minutes, why aren’t we combining groups?
I get the frustration, but I appreciate it on Test Track at least. A party of 5 plus 1 random was always super awkward.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's a distinction without a difference. You know there were FP+ return lanes 5 years ago. In a lot of cases Disney just put a sticker over the old signage to change the name.
Ratios were different though…at least at first

But they have a numbers problem that can’t be solved now…so I imagine it’s six of one, half a dozen of another now

NelleBelle

I get the frustration, but I appreciate it on Test Track at least. A party of 5 plus 1 random was always super awkward.
As someone who is frequently a party of 5, I totally hate that we have a "stranger" in our picture! And even though we have tons of ride photos, there are trips where the pictures are better/funnier than other trips! So I am one of those self-fish people that like to have a row/vehicle to my party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom