cant wait for everest now after riding the mummy

WDWFREAK53

I rode the Mummy on Friday morning... SPOILERS!!!

my take:

Queue line: Very lackluster...you walk around and they painted some stuff on the walls that deal with the making of the Mummy...then...you walk into another building that is themed a little better...but nothing special... As you get closer to the actual ride, you see a large "statue" that is being "discovered" and is ready to be removed from the "dig site"

My rating: 4
1 out of 10. (1 being Snow White's Queue...10 being Tower of Terror's)

Ride itself: You start out slow...very slow...and you see one of the best audio animatronics that I have ever seen. Another room shows Imhotep's face on a large screen and then...he "curses" you...and off you go. (Don't want to give it away). No inversions...there is a small part where you go backwards...False ending was pretty cool...(Along the attraction you see scarab beetles, animatronic mummies, flames, etc.). Overall...ride is a little short. The "surprise" aspect of this attraction makes it...you're at a show scene...and then...BAM...you're launched again...very cool.

My rating: 7.5
1 out of 10. (1 being Tomorrowland Indy Speedway....10 being Splash Mountain).

Did I enjoy it? YES!!!! In my opinion, it's the best attraction at Universal...although, MIB is a close second. (MIB has a much better queue line and the ride has more "to it" but overall...the Mummy is more "fun")

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Don't get your hopes up with E:E... Doesn't sound all that special. We'll have to wait and see...

Uh-uh....forget that.
Get your hopes WAY up for Everest. Its going to surpass Mummy in pretty much every way.

1disneydood

I had a first hand view of the Everest construction this past Sun(yesterday). We've all read through various posts how big it is, but until I viewed it in person I couldn't comprehend. It's freaking HUGE and full of serious turns. It will be the biggest and most promident thing in the park. After the mountain is "built" around the coaster, it'll be mammoth. Seems like it will be larger than splash, thunder, and space. :sohappy:

With that in mind and after seeing the parts of the track they have up, it has to leave mummy in the dust as mummy is just built in a warehouse.

TimeTrip

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I rode the Mummy on Friday morning... SPOILERS!!!

my take:

Queue line: Very lackluster...you walk around and they painted some stuff on the walls that deal with the making of the Mummy...then...you walk into another building that is themed a little better...but nothing special... As you get closer to the actual ride, you see a large "statue" that is being "discovered" and is ready to be removed from the "dig site"

My rating: 4
1 out of 10. (1 being Snow White's Queue...10 being Tower of Terror's)

I'm surprised you voted the queue line that low. Once you get into the real part of the queue, I thought it was incredible. So much so that it is now my favorite queue area ever. They had at least 3 interactive parts that I saw, and it wasn't hokey stuff either. Thats more than I can say for almost any other queue I've been on.

raven

Originally posted by scottnj1966
The mummy

Check out my little video clip compliments of my friend Louie Crowe. We were lucky to get this little clip.

Um, yeah. Was I supposed to see anything in that clip besides my own reflection off my computer screen? :veryconfu The video was mostly black. I would hope to see at least SOMETHING when riding Everest, unlike the Mummy video.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by Lee
Uh-uh....forget that.
Get your hopes WAY up for Everest. Its going to surpass Mummy in pretty much every way.

Something about it just doesn't seem SO special.... Yes, it's a mountain, but what more? (You fill info here :D )

raven

Originally posted by Lee
Uh-uh....forget that.

I was very dissapointed in M:S. I expected a lot more than just a simulator ride, but that's all it was. IMO, it was a waste of space and a poor replacement for Horizons.

Everest is at least a coaster. A REAL ride, not a simulated one. Hopefully Imagineering can do a better job with this one.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by TimeTrip
I'm surprised you voted the queue line that low. Once you get into the real part of the queue, I thought it was incredible. So much so that it is now my favorite queue area ever. They had at least 3 interactive parts that I saw, and it wasn't hokey stuff either. Thats more than I can say for almost any other queue I've been on.

To your and the mummy's defense...the part with the painted walls was just the "pre-queue" so that's what brought it down as a whole.

Where were the interactive parts??? I just saw the one thing where you put your hand on it.

EDIT: Dueling Dragons still has my favorite queue line.

Originally posted by raven
I was very dissapointed in M:S. I expected a lot more than just a simulator ride, but that's all it was. IMO, it was a waste of space and a poor replacement for Horizons..

I kinda agree with this. i had much higher expectations of M:S that what i was given. I must admit it was great ride and ive never rode anything like that befor but i though it could have been better.

scottnj1966

Original Poster
Re: Re: cant wait for everest now after riding the mummy

Um, yeah. Was I supposed to see anything in that clip besides my own reflection off my computer screen? :veryconfu The video was mostly black. I would hope to see at least SOMETHING when riding Everest, unlike the Mummy video.

Its a dark ride and we only used a digital camera. Camcorders and actually anything was not allowed in. We were lucky to get what we did.

Go ride it yourself.

scottnj1966

Original Poster
line queue

To your and the mummy's defense...the part with the painted walls was just the "pre-queue" so that's what brought it down as a whole.

Where were the interactive parts??? I just saw the one thing where you put your hand on it.

EDIT: Dueling Dragons still has my favorite queue line.

And that dang thing you put your hand in got me the first time too!!! hahaha. Was not expecting it at all.

I thought they did an awesome job on the queue line. Not sure what everyone was expecting for a line.

The ride itself was not what I expected. There was alot they could have done better but I know ther eis only so much money to spend and they also had the problem of getting everything into a fixed size since they used the existing kong building.
Overall I enjoyd it. I got to ride it 6 times in a row for the passholders evening. I thought that was a great for them to do.

I think Everest will be awesome. They have plenty of room to make a long coaster and it should be fun, 2006 is way to long to have to wait. I think they only have 2 people actually building it and one of those guys always calls in sick, hahaha

Thanks everyone for watching the video and adding your posts.
Maybe one day I will be able to sneak in a real camcorder but I doubt it. Universal is very strict. Maybe they will get better since NBC owns them now.

MouseFan1

Everest sounds and looks great for me so far. The mountain will look amazing if it is 200ft as they say and done with great disney themeing, it should really be a landmark that people will associate with the park.

As for the actual ride I would imaging that the actual show elements to be a little less spectactular than mummy but the coaster part to be larger more intense and longer. Hopefully with the massive mountain and no shortage of land disney will make the ride a very long experience. Also note that Disney will get to look at the mummy ride and think of ways to improve upon it since it is coming second.

I think both will be wonderful attractions and great additions to their parks.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MouseFan1
Everest sounds and looks great for me so far. The mountain will look amazing if it is 200ft as they say and done with great disney themeing, it should really be a landmark that people will associate with the park.

As for the actual ride I would imaging that the actual show elements to be a little less spectactular than mummy but the coaster part to be larger more intense and longer. Hopefully with the massive mountain and no shortage of land disney will make the ride a very long experience. Also note that Disney will get to look at the mummy ride and think of ways to improve upon it since it is coming second.

I think both will be wonderful attractions and great additions to their parks.

silly...it's 199feet...you were WAY off :lol: (jk btw)

TimeTrip

Spoilers!!

The hand thing was one. That was even cool because something different would happen if you had people from both sides putting their hands on both hand icons at the same time (look up). Then there was the video camera filming people on the line with a glowing "thing" you could hit and would cause a blast of air onto the people being watched by the video camera. Got some good guest reactions there, and everyone had a good chuckle. Then in the hallway between the room with those and the statue room there is a hole in the wall with one of those "you can't touch this" optical illusions of the "key" from the movies. If you try to touch it you get a nice surprise. Awesome stuff.

MouseFan1

The video clip is about as good as it could be, dark rides dont translate well to video. It looks like a great experience, just wish it were a little longer. But then again ToT is my favorite disney ride and its not that long of ride either.

grandmath

I was very dissapointed in M:S. I expected a lot more than just a simulator ride, but that's all it was. Everest is at least a coaster. A REAL ride, not a simulated one.

That is because no ride on earth could give you lasting g-forces and simulation of real space beside a centrifuge simulator... ;) (unless they made a RRC style straight launch lasting 30 secondes long (1mile of track :lol: ) in a fake and cheesy space setting)

MagicalMonorail

Originally posted by MouseFan1

Actually, I heard that Expedition Everest was only going to be about 3 minutes long. :( I wish it was longer, but I guess we'll have plenty to see in that 3 minutes.

t3techcom18

I do hope that EE WILL be longer than 3 minutes. I would be just a pity just to build a huge mountain and have small ride, and to come to think of it, it that happens, it will be pretty pathetic....and people in my that already rode Mummy, said that it is the best thing in Florida.....but I will wait and see.

Btw, scottnj1966, somehow I was trying to download the video on your website, but the download is not going through....I right clicked, and went to 'Save target as', but when it arrives at the download status screen, all it says, is 'Getting File Information', and gets stuck there. I have an AOL 56k dialup connection. Thanks for the help!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom