cant wait for everest now after riding the mummy

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
To tell you the truth, I'm not really looking forward to Everest. To me, it seems like it'll be a bigger and badder Matterhorn....but we'll have to wait and see.

Revenge of the Mummy on the other hand, is the best attraction Universal has ever created. I thought it was a lot better than The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, and the coaster portion was very smooth and a lot better than Rock 'n Roller Coaster, even though ROTM has no inversions. I also think ROTM was not long enough, but they did cram in a lot of amazing stuff into those short minutes. The Imhotep animatronic in the first scene is the best AA I've seen. It even moved better than S.I.R. or The Wicked Witch in The Great Movie Ride, which are the best animatronics WDI has created.

Revenge of the Mummy is by far the best ride to open in Orlando since the days of Splash Mountain and The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror. :)

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by The_CEO
Well you know what they say:

Time flys when you're having fun. Remember. Its around 4 minutes right?

More like 2...That's if you don't get stuck. I myself was stuck in the beetle scene for awhile, and my friend was stuck in the false unload for 10 minutes. Other people I have talked to have gotten stuck aswell.

One thing they did a great job on was how quickly the sets reset. There is prob. 8 seconds in between trains, and to do transfers in the track, and to have all those scenes reset so quickly is really cool.

I'm still feel that when EE opens, it will blow Mummy out of the water. It has already been confirmed that there will be 20 seconds backwards (The Mummy would have been alot better if the backward part was longer), and from what I have seen of the construction site, the track on Everest has already beaten out that of the Mummy. Many more twists and drops, and with longer trains, it will be much faster. And, if it holds true that the coaster will be going through tight caves, it will seem like 100 mph. There is alot of track that rises above the concrete wall, and then so much more behind it that is not even visible. Last time I was there, a brake run portion of the coaster was built high in the air. I'm sure a great show scene will be taking place there.

This will be the TOT of Animal Kingdom. Along with the huge mountain, and Indian forest being built, more of the village is on the way.

I can't say anything for sure, but it has a 2 year advantage over The Mummy, and I bet everyone will be blown away.

maxime29

Premium Member
I haven't been on ROTM yet (I plan to make it out to USF during my stay at Disney for a day), but from reading other Universal boards (most notably ioacentral.com) the ride seems to have the thumbs up. Everything about the ride (the queue, ride technology, etc...) looks amazing from the photos. I'm kicking myself for already looking at the on-ride photos without riding first (spoiling the ride experience I guess).

Oh and like it or not, Kongfrontation had the best queue IMO.

raven

Originally posted by grandmath
That is because no ride on earth could give you lasting g-forces and simulation of real space beside a centrifuge simulator... ;) (unless they made a RRC style straight launch lasting 30 secondes long (1mile of track :lol: ) in a fake and cheesy space setting)

Don't give them any ideas, please! :animwink:

I'm just saying the whole pavillion is a waste of space IMO.

MouseFan1

Originally posted by MagicalMonorail
Actually, I heard that Expedition Everest was only going to be about 3 minutes long. :( I wish it was longer, but I guess we'll have plenty to see in that 3 minutes.

Wow, if it is only 3 minutes than it will seem even shorter than mummy because a good amount of that 3 minutes will be spentn on a chain lift hill. The 3 minutes of mummy seems short and that is with no lift and a LIM launch.

I'm sure it will be short and sweet though even if it is only 3 minutes.

grandmath

3 minutes?? There is a pretty long piece of track before even reaching the bottom of the chain lift (and it will be a slow zone), and then the mountain is pretty crammed with the track, that even goes outside... add it the load, unload, the braking and show scenes, and I guess it will be more of a 4 minutes experience at least... there's no way it will be shorter than BTM!!

cdevor

I rode the Mummy last week on the Wed. before the official opening, as they were doing "test rides" for The Mummy. The queue line, like all queue lines at Universal is extremely long, too long. The queue house was really cool, I enjoyed it more than the ride. The actual ride was somewhat disappointing. The actual thrill part of the ride is very short. I would be disappointed if I had to wait in a long line for that. Give me Hulk or Rock'n Roller over the Mummy.

Frees Fan

I liked the Mummy...I went over on May 21st for the annual passholders opening. The special effects were incredible but, the ride was WAY too short for the waiting time. Dueling Dragons has a cool que area and it's a mile long!

Michael72688

I really think E:E is going to have a tough time beating the Mummy. In my opinion, E:E is going to be a rollercoaster, yes it is going to have some cool effects, but the Revenge of the Mummy to me is something new and different, I dont think Expedition: Everest is going to have as much uniqueness, now I still think it is going to be a great ride, just not as great as Revenge of the Mummy.

flyersmv

Originally posted by Lee
Uh-uh....forget that.
Get your hopes WAY up for Everest. Its going to surpass Mummy in pretty much every way.

how could u say this we dont even kno the details....dont say E:E will be better just because u like WDW better...im not sayin thats how u are but it really sounds like it.....u havta give Universal credit...they have great attractions..i like disney better but universal is a good place

yensidtlaw1969

What is so great about the Mummy?!?! I have never been on it, but I just can't see what the heck is so great. Is it the Animatronics? The ride? What?!?!:confused:

iluvstitch

I've rode Revenge of the Mummy 3 times and it's fun, but I think Disney can do a lot better. I was disappointed w/the backwards drop, I thought it would be longer- but its more like the drop in Maelstrom! -Stephanie

Glasgow

Two things :

a) Only those that have ridden ROTM should be commenting on it. Why argue about something you haven't ridden? (not meant for those that have ridden and actually given good comments)

b) How can you argue for or against EE? It's not even halfway built yet .. Cmon! :)

haha .. Humans have an undying need to compare things. Personally, I think both rides will be (or are) great!

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by flyersmv
how could u say this we dont even kno the details....dont say E:E will be better just because u like WDW better...im not sayin thats how u are but it really sounds like it.....u havta give Universal credit...they have great attractions..i like disney better but universal is a good place

Lee has inside info. He is making these comments based on info from several sources. You should take his word.

scottnj1966

Original Poster
hahahhaa

raven said:
Um, yeah. Was I supposed to see anything in that clip besides my own reflection off my computer screen? :veryconfu The video was mostly black. I would hope to see at least SOMETHING when riding Everest, unlike the Mummy video.

Again I gotta say it was done a digital camera, not a camcorder.
They are not made to see much in the dark.
No cameras at all were allowed so we were could not get a camcorder in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom