Can't decide...Pop or CRB???

soin2disney

HELP
We are planning to go to WDW in April, we usually stay at the POLY, <3 it there!!! We really can't afford a deluxe this year. It is between the POP and CRB....We have stayed at both when my daughter was young...She is 16 now. Figured if I heard some pros and cons, I might be able to decide before the packages come out :shrug: Thanks

disneygirl1

I have stayed at both as well... But with a 16 year old girl in the party, I am thinking CBR might be best. Think it gives off more of a grown up feel, plus there are more things to do at CBR then at Pop for a girl that age. That's just my two cents.

Upvote 0

mrsdanalind

POP or CRB

We've tried both also, and we always pick the POP because we figure what we aren't spending on sleeping we are spending in the parks. My husband and three kids are all disney fans (ME TOO)and we go at least once a year. And we honestly believe that what we save at the resort is more for those special treasures we want to keep.

Hope this helps
Dana:eek:

Upvote 0

soin2disney

Original Poster
Thanks...

Thanks guys, I LOVE both too, that's why I'm having such a hard time choosing....Even though my daughter is 16, she still LOVES the Disney feel at POP....SO do I <3 Maybe I should SPLIT the visit between BOTH resorts???

Upvote 0

wolf359

Coming at this from a totally different angle... Why not try a resort you've never stayed at before?

But if you really have it narrowed down to just those two, I'd recommend the Caribbean Beach. I think the theming is nicer, the resort is smaller and seems less crowded.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

we have stayed at both, and with kids, we would choose CBR. It has the big pool, private pools, better transportation( individual stops, not a cattle herd), better food court system. A more relaxing outdoor bar for the adults. better theming, lake views, beaches, pizza delivery( a must for a kid), bigger rooms, and a feel much closer to poly.

Upvote 0

addcogulf

CRB is the Caribbean Beach Resort, the oldest of the moderate resort, quite popular especially since the rethemed some of the rooms into Pirate Rooms and Nemo rooms.

Upvote 0
we have stayed at both, and with kids, we would choose CBR. It has the big pool, private pools, better transportation( individual stops, not a cattle herd), better food court system. A more relaxing outdoor bar for the adults. better theming, lake views, beaches, pizza delivery( a must for a kid), bigger rooms, and a feel much closer to poly.

I have stayed a CBR once and Pop Century 7 times (any guess which one I prefer). I don't understand the comment above about the bus system, CBR has shuttle buses on property it is so big while Pop Century has one bus stop and the slowest walker can be at the stop in ten minutes from their room. I must agree with the pool comment above the Pools at Pop Century do have some nice themes and are a good size but they have no hot tubes and they don't have as relaxing feel as the ones at CBR but if you don't spend a lot time poolside save the money go to Pop Century and if you really miss the pools spent a day at one of the water parks with the savings.

Upvote 0

WVParkfan

You get what you pay for. A moderate is better than a value for many reasons:

Larger rooms, fridge in each room, better food choices, better pools and more pools, better activities (like boating on the lake), more secluded room locations, MUCH quieter, and many more.

If you normally stay at the Poly, do you really think you'll be satisfied with a value?

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Pop is the one to go to. Better theming, and IMHO as well as others, the best value resort Disney has. Ive stayed at CBR and it is nice, but overall I think Pop wins. :D

Upvote 0

fosse76

You get what you pay for. A moderate is better than a value for many reasons:

Larger rooms, fridge in each room, better food choices, better pools and more pools, better activities (like boating on the lake), more secluded room locations, MUCH quieter, and many more.

If you normally stay at the Poly, do you really think you'll be satisfied with a value?

Winner of the most snobbish response!

Upvote 0

WVParkfan

Winner of the most snobbish response!

Snobbish? Look at my signature to see where I've stayed. Value, value, value. But the truth is, you DO get more at the moderates. Have you ever tried one??? If not, then try one and you'll see the difference. Until then, you should keep your uninformed, judgmental comments to yourself.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I have stayed at both as well... But with a 16 year old girl in the party, I am thinking CBR might be best. Think it gives off more of a grown up feel, plus there are more things to do at CBR then at Pop for a girl that age. That's just my two cents.

I agree. I have stayed at both, too. CBR will have less little ones running around and will be more suited for a 16 yr old. There is a beach and water sports and may be better for your daughter. Why not ask her and see what she thinks? :)

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

CBR is my least favorite mod. Pop is my favorite Value. I'd still choose CBR. Value rooms are too small for my liking, and my family is the type that will spend time enjoying the amenities of the resort and not doing the park commando thing every single day. We'd want more recreational activities than just a pool and arcade. We'd want more food options than just a food court. We'd still opt for Riverside or Coronary were we to stay in a mod, but still, no contest, any mod over any value for me.

Upvote 0

beanbunny

Caribbean Beach Resort used to always be our favorite - mainly because of the theming. However, since we found Pop by accident, we will always choose that for one very important reason - busing! I love being able to cue up in the line for your destination. So much easier!!! If busing is not an issue, I would definitely choose CBR

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom