Can't decide between Magic Kingdom or Epcot for first day!

ssidiouss@mac.c

I have a great vacation planned and coming up in a week but for some reason I keep bouncing back and forth between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for our arrival day. We will be able to get to a park by 1:30pm after checking in at Pop Century.. and then off we will go.. but to which park? This is sort of a free day/night since we will be seeing every park multiple times during the day and night. So, what do you like to do on your first day/night of arrival?

We are starting to lean towards hitting magic kingdom for a little during the afternoon then heading to Epcot which is open later for some countries and illuminations.. but for some reason im starting to feel like seeing Wishes the first night will be more magical.

Argh.. why does everything sound good to me? Can't decide on this!! argh!!

Cmdr_Crimson

Epcot..I always go there first. And since it's closer to Pop Century you could be in there in no time..I flew out of Chicago at 8am and landed around 11:30 took ME to Pop, Checked into my room, and I was on the next bus to Epcot.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

We always start off at MK, no matter what....even if we have plans to be at another park that evening. We love to start our trip by stepping onto Main Street and seeing the castle. And if Spectromagic happens to be running on our first night, that is always a must do for us as well.

Upvote 0

PrincessMagic

I have to say that for my family we always start our stay at Magic Kingdom. I know it's different for everyone but I just don't think it would feel the same if we didn't walk down Main Street and see Cindy's Castle when we arrived.

My kids are still fairly young, and they absolutely love MK. It' sentimental for me, I get teary eyed watching my kids excitement of finally being at DW...it's just magical.

Upvote 0

BigNormsMom

We always leave the MK for last. But the last few times we went we utilized the EMH hours. We tried to work it so that if we had extra days, then it was Mk first and last. Due to the death of DH in 2006 we have not returned to this wonderful place, but Big Norm and his wife had twin boys in November and I am sure that in a few years we will be returning. I really miss Wishes even tho it made me cry when we were there in 2005. DH just held me and knew that I was already missing that magical land. Regardless of which one you decide on, have fuuuun:sohappy:.

Upvote 0

Grumpy-Fan

This past trip we started In EPCOT, then The Studios, Then the AK then MK. I was sorry I did it this way because I didn`t feel the magic until I went to the MK. Next time we will start our stay at the MK and end our trip in the MK.

Upvote 0

lpet11984

I'd head to MK for a dole whip, maybe hop on a couple rides, then take the monorail over to Epcot...for some reason, the trip always starts once we're on the monorail. Something about ride around SSE and then stepping off into Epcot just makes it perfect.

Upvote 0

alilance

My husband and I always start of at Epcot! We love to walk around the world showcase after jumping on a few rides and then having dinner at one of the countries! It doesn't get better than that!!! 83 days and counting!!!

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

We usually go to the park with the newest attraction first. If we are staying at All-Stars.
If we are staying at Wilderness Lodge, we always board the boat first and head to MK. From the resort you can hear the train whistle and such, and you just have to go there to start.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I have a great vacation planned and coming up in a week but for some reason I keep bouncing back and forth between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for our arrival day. We will be able to get to a park by 1:30pm after checking in at Pop Century.. and then off we will go.. but to which park? This is sort of a free day/night since we will be seeing every park multiple times during the day and night. So, what do you like to do on your first day/night of arrival?

We are starting to lean towards hitting magic kingdom for a little during the afternoon then heading to Epcot which is open later for some countries and illuminations.. but for some reason im starting to feel like seeing Wishes the first night will be more magical.

Argh.. why does everything sound good to me? Can't decide on this!! argh!!
We tend to gravitate toward Epcot as our 1st stop on each trip.
On our upcoming trip in Sept., we are planning to go to Epcot after we check in at Pop Century, stroll over to the Beach Club for ice cream at Beaches & Cream, then on to the Boardwalk Resort & back to Epcot for Illuminations at 9:00pm.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

Even though Epcot is my favorite, we always go to MK on the first day. I think it is a throwback to when my daughter (16 today!) was little.

There is just something about stepping through the gates at Magic Kingdom that make it seem like we are finally there.

Upvote 0

daliseurat

I like to start at Epcot. It's serene and more relaxing. I find after all that travel I need to start out slow and get a good night sleep to attack the parks better on my first full day.

Also, I find that once children get a taste of MK they are less eager to do the other parks and kind of whine about wanting to go back to MK.

But, a big part of me just can't wait to get to the MK. So sometimes I just give in and start there. There you go. Not very helpful at all.:wave:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

We usually hit DTD right after we check in at Pop and save MK for our first full day there. Although I personally do like Epcot a wee bit better, we like doing MK first because it seems to set the mood for the whole WDW vacation and helps with the Disney magic.

Upvote 0

Spyne

For me, it's a toss up. Either of the two parks are great to be your first stop.

The first two times I went I started with MK, but my upcoming trip I'm starting at Epcot. I guess to sort of make up for me not being there for the 25th Anniversary.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom