Canopies To Be Removed from Future World and more

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Fountainview Canopies To Be Removed from Future World and More

As filed and as mentioned a while back, the canopies in FW are to be removed.
http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=29189441&file_num=20070545855&doc_status=S

Also, as mentioned a while back, a temporary, pre-fabricated food service building is to be installed in the American Adventure most certainly for the Food and Wine Festival.
http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=29189445&file_num=20070545859&doc_status=S

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=29189444&file_num=20070545858&doc_status=S

Also worth noting, polycarbonate barriers are to be installed around the seawall launch tubes for RoE. I assume that this is a safety precaution. One thing that is strange is that the location for the modefication is for the China pavillion. I guess that they will be fabricated at the drydock and then installed around the lagoon.
http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=29189443&file_num=20070545857&doc_status=S

sillykid

This is great. I know we heard the canopies would be removed, but just thinking of all the great pics we'll be able to take of SSE. No wand, no stars, and no canopies. Taking pictures of SSE from anywhere in the park is going to be great again. I wonder how the lightng for SSE is going to be. Retro or over the top advertisement?

Enigma

Account Suspended
This news makes me so happy!

Now it is time to gather......and celebrate the return of an old friend...EPCOT CENTER lives again...let us celebrate the future hand in hand!

Enigma

Account Suspended
I never had a real issue with those canopies. Don't know why. :shrug:

They were tacky, cheap looking and destroyed the original Spartan look of the area. Once they remove the cannopies, twirly things, and wierd lights...you will notice the area will look alot more clean, simple and futuristic the way it was originally intended to be.

Figment82

Reading the description, it sounds like they are taking down FountainView's canopies and disconnecting the neon lighting. This isn't good news... :(

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
The permit states that the Fountainview canopies are to be removed. It also states that FW canopies are to be removed. I hope that all are removed.

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Where are you seeing FW canopies? All I see in the description is in regards to Fountain View - am I missing it?

Bottom of page 2. It gives the location. Fountainview is in FW but since FW is rather big, they usally give a pretty acurate location. I am a bit puzzled right now.:veryconfu
:(:eek:

Figment82

Bottom of page 2. It gives the location. Fountainview is in FW but since FW is rather big, they usally give a pretty acurate location. I am a bit puzzled right now.:veryconfu
:(:eek:

Look at the area outlined on the map - it's just the FountainView semi-circular canopies. Not a good sign at all...

WDWGuide

I quite liked the canopies, but I really want to see torn out are all those twirly things all over Innoventions Plaza (or whatever it's called). Get rid of this junk and plant some trees instead.

Dizknee_Phreek

They were tacky, cheap looking and destroyed the original Spartan look of the area. Once they remove the cannopies, twirly things, and wierd lights...you will notice the area will look alot more clean, simple and futuristic the way it was originally intended to be.

Hey...I like the twirly things! They're just starting to look faded now.
Which weird lights are you talking about, btw? ...Hopefully not the fiberoptics in the sidewalks...those are too much fun!
And I didn't mind the canopy so much, either. It does mess up pictures of SSE. But I thought it looked kinda cool. I liked it better than the wand. And, with stripping down FW as much as they are, I'm afraid non-vets are going to complain even more about how everything is concrete. I don't mind all the concrete so much, cause I was introduced to WDW during the EPCOT Center era....but I know some people don't like it.

-SIR-

I diddnt mind the canopies... they kind of added to the "discovery" futuristic feel... oh well... maybe they will put something in that is nicer looking... in my opinion epcot center is no more... if I can't go on horizons, world of motion, the living seas or the original energy... what use is the center of the park looking like it did when it opened? still, I wouldnt mind a hint of the past but I hope they dont completely change it to make it exactly what it was.. thats not to say I want Epcot to become just another "kiddie park" either. Epcot should always have a serious focus on discovery of the things around us and wonders of the world so it should also have a special appeal to adults.

jt04

I quite liked the canopies, but I really want to see torn out are all those twirly things all over Innoventions Plaza (or whatever it's called). Get rid of this junk and plant some trees instead.

Lots and lots of trees hopefully

comics101

I guess I really don't care if they go one way or the other, but I always thought the canopies added an extra something to FW. Without them it's kind of plain. Oh well...

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
It does seem as if the Fountainview canopies are coming down. Anyway, it is extremely probable that all of the canopies will be removed in the very near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom