Cannon water explosions turned off at Pirates

aladdin2007

Not surprised, since my calculations show the maintenance department is one guy, probably named Hortense.

Poor Hortense, from Pirates to Small World, to Buzz to Pan,,hes one tired dude. Oh and the people mover, every time Im there now its broken down and theres a maintenance person walking around...... Their shirts now say DisneyParks real big, instead of Disney World. blah!!!

JohnnyDepp

I know back in 2011, the last time I rode WDW pirates, a few of the various AA's were missing, Jack seemed fine then though. I don't know if it was a temporary thing or not, since I don't get to visit WDW very often. I know that many of the scenes looked awkward due to gaps, especially during the one where the red-head was being auctioned off. All of the other women in that scene were gone!

erstwo

Rode Pirates twice the first week of February and rode again yesterday at 1 pm. Cannons were on. No animatronics were malfunctioning (in fact there was a long conversation in the row behind us about how amazing they were when we were stuck next to the jail/ dog/ Captain Jack treasure scenes at unload) and no one was missing.

disneyfan1995

I rode this past Saturday (3/30) around 6:00 PM and the cannon effects were working but were toned down to just a small blast. There was a lot of fog surrounding the boat that Barbosa is on. The mermaids also were not working.
When I rode the ride in February, the mermaids worked most of the times I went on and the cannon splashes were so large that I got fully soaked.

BoarderPhreak

Having ridden PotC at least a dozen times now over the past week... Suffice it to say that effects are iffy.

All the Usual Suspects are subject to daily whims. The air blast, fog and Jack AA all had issues and even the entire ride went 101 - albeit briefly, while I was there. I can't say I'm surprised - the equipment is generally pretty old, after all - and runs nearly 24/7/365.

If at first you don't succeed, ride and ride again! :D

Prince-1

I rode Pirates yesterday and can say that the water cannons were working and all the AA seemed to be working. Jack was working for sure.

NEL

I rode pirates on Sat 3/30 and everything was working except the recently added mermaid. The cannons were actually lighted up right before the splash which I have never noticed before, not sure if this is new or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom