Cannon water explosions turned off at Pirates

BoarderPhreak

Yikes. I noticed stuff as far back as December last year; cannon shots in the water were iffy, the bubbling holograms up front were not working... I don't recall the fog either.

articos

Did tell the unload CM... She was aware. Decided to go around and ride again to see if it would be 101 (as it should have been)... Was able to get in a second sleeping Sparrow. Was not surprised.
--sigh-- "Was not surprised." says it all.
Too funny! Great post!!
Thank you, I'm here all week. Tip your maint. person. Oh, wait, you don't have one. :rolleyes:
Man- what's going on?:mad:
One word: Ops.

Never hurts to send a note to wdw.guest.communications.@disneyworld.com. If enough of them pile up within a certain amount of time, some nasty memos get sent to the head of the offending dept asking what's up. If you have time and really want to screw with their day, when you get off the ride, ask for the GSM. Then (nicely) ask them why they're running the ride in that condition? At worst, you get a blank stare and an insincere apology. At best you get an extra Fastpass or two. In your wildest dreams, they take the ride down, like they should be doing in the first place.

jeff59rt

They worked last week when we were there got wet one time in the front. My brother rode last Sunday night at 2 am and one of the empty boats came off the tracks and was evacuated after 45 minutes. They kept telling everyone to put their cameras and phones away. Each time we rode something wasn't working then was the next day.

t3techcom18

Never hurts to send a note to wdw.guest.communications.@disneyworld.com. If enough of them pile up within a certain amount of time, some nasty memos get sent to the head of the offending dept asking what's up. If you have time and really want to screw with their day, when you get off the ride, ask for the GSM. Then (nicely) ask them why they're running the ride in that condition? At worst, you get a blank stare and an insincere apology. At best you get an extra Fastpass or two. In your wildest dreams, they take the ride down, like they should be doing in the first place.

Quoted for absolute truth.

There are many GSM's within Ops whom their main goal in life is to serve the numbers, risking everything else in the process, thereby making their names look good. Shuttering due to one broken effect, be it minor or major, is their own worst nightmare for these types. The only way these types will bend is if upper management cracks down on them for said issue.

pumpkin7

I find it hard to believe that these problems don't happen in Anaheim or Paris or Tokyo or Hong Kong...

They probably do. The rides just go 101 so fast that no one ever sees them. ;)

Or perhaps it's because WDW is the flagship park, and it's under a microscope every second of every day, where as the other parks aren't so much. Who knows.

I know the last time I went to Paris the Crush ride (no idea what it's really called) went down causing the wait time to swell to like 180 minutes.

Tom Morrow

Quoted for absolute truth.

There are many GSM's within Ops whom their main goal in life is to serve the numbers, risking everything else in the process, thereby making their names look good. Shuttering due to one broken effect, be it minor or major, is their own worst nightmare for these types. The only way these types will bend is if upper management cracks down on them for said issue.
and quoting THIS for absolute truth! I never understood this mentality either, as shutting down an attraction for the sake of show quality shows you care more than how many bodies rode your attraction under your watch. But it requires slightly more effort than doing nothing at all.

A minor glitch or two is one thing, but you should absolutely NOT be riding PoTC with a slumped over, dead Jack Sparrow. Remember that you're paying a premium price for premium theme park experiences, and your experiences should be as good as they can possibly be, not sacrificed so some hotshot GSM can look better on paper.

PeterAlt

They probably do. The rides just go 101 so fast that no one ever sees them. ;)

Or perhaps it's because WDW is the flagship park, and it's under a microscope every second of every day, where as the other parks aren't so much. Who knows.

I know the last time I went to Paris the Crush ride (no idea what it's really called) went down causing the wait time to swell to like 180 minutes.
WDW is the flagship park? I would say that DL has the flagship MK park.

Castle Cake Apologist

One word: Ops.

I'm assuming/hoping you mean Ops management? 'Cuz I can assure you that we lowly Ops Cast Members have no say in situations like this.

I'm not sure what's up with the cannon blasts though... it's a pretty iconic effect, so I'm sure it's on the list for fixing if there is an actual major problem with it. Slumped over AAs are unacceptable, though. Pirates should have been 101 the second that was reported to Unload.

Were the blasts of air working? As in, the ones that hit your face in the battle scene?

patrok65

it's because WDW is the flagship park, and it's under a microscope every second of every day, where as the other parks aren't so much. Who knows.
I would have to say that Disneyland is watched a way more and fans are more critical of the park then WDW fans are.

articos

I'm assuming/hoping you mean Ops management? 'Cuz I can assure you that we lowly Ops Cast Members have no say in situations like this.

I'm not sure what's up with the cannon blasts though... it's a pretty iconic effect, so I'm sure it's on the list for fixing if there is an actual major problem with it. Slumped over AAs are unacceptable, though. Pirates should have been 101 the second that was reported to Unload.

Were the blasts of air working? As in, the ones that hit your face in the battle scene?
Of course. I'm referring to the dept management as a whole, knowing the front line cast members have no say. You guys do great work out there. I've been there, I know both sides of the coin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom