Candlelight Procession 2018 - Chris Pratt!!!

Little Green Men

How lovely! You won't see classy dressed guests at any WDW park, unfortunately. Heck, my best friend and I turn eyes when we wear jeans, a nice shirt, and sports jacket to have wine on the rooftop lounge of Paddlefish at Disney Springs.
I see people dressed nicely at signature restaurants in WDW all time

CJR

Any rumors about who the narrator will be? I didn't realize it was this weekend until I got in the park a while ago. I asked a CM and he did not know.

People seem to be thinking either Emily Blunt or Josh Brolin, but that's just speculation since they both have major movies coming out with Disney. Could also be someone from Star Wars. Really, no one but a few will know until they step out.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

People seem to be thinking either Emily Blunt or Josh Brolin, but that's just speculation since they both have major movies coming out with Disney. Could also be someone from Star Wars. Really, no one but a few will know until they step out.
Sorry, but I just can't get my head around the thought of Thanos reading the Christmas story...

Old Mouseketeer

Found this beautiful ticket from Disneyland's past on Google, love the Fantasia influenced design on the back.

View attachment 328594

View attachment 328597

This was after my time in High School when I sang in the Candlelight every year. But. at various times, I sang under several of the directors listed. Most notable is Fullerton College's Sheldon Disrud who was a Disneyland contractor managing the logistics of the Candlelight for many years and later conducting. There is a lot of Disneyland musical history in this list.

TP2000

Original Poster
This was after my time in High School when I sang in the Candlelight every year. But. at various times, I sang under several of the directors listed. Most notable is Fullerton College's Sheldon Disrud who was a Disneyland contractor managing the logistics of the Candlelight for many years and later conducting. There is a lot of Disneyland musical history in this list.

And what a great reminder that it's not all about the fabulous A List celebrity narrator, the dozens of school and church choirs from around Southern California really make this event special.

After all, it's called the Candlelight Processional, where hundreds of choir members proceed across the entirety of Disneyland, starting at It's A Small World and through Fantasyland, around the Central Plaza, and down Main Street USA before taking their place in front of the Main Street Train Station. From the late 1950's like this photo, to today...

disneyland-candlelight-processional-history.jpg

Here's a video of the Processional arriving in the Town Square on Saturday night to start the show, after traversing the park.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom