Candlelight Procession 2018 - Chris Pratt!!!

TP2000

Original Poster
As I sit here waiting for the house to fill up shortly with arriving family (and thank God for that quickie cheap maid service Amazon now offers!), I'm already thinking post-Thanksgiving when I get my house back. And for Disneyland that means the Candlelight Procession. But for the past few years they've kept the narrator a secret until the very last second.

A quick Google search shows I didn't miss anything, and that they still haven't announced who the narrator is this year either. Disney World goes the opposite direction and announces their months worth of narrators way in advance, but that's not generally a problem because they are decidedly C List TV actors (and a few D List, and a couple WHO???). But it is nice to know Chita Rivera is still alive and being comped a Junior Suite in Orlando this weekend.

Meanwhile, at Disneyland... who is the celebrity narrator? Still a mystery! Which tells me they've scored another A Lister this year and are trying to keep it hush-hush. Anyone know anything, or wanna place any bets? Will they go with Marvel again this year? Or go the Star Wars route?

choco choco

You'd have to be a Christian to agree to this sort of thing wouldn't you? Seems like you can't just throw out popular names without checking their religious leanings first.

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Chris Hemsworth did a great job last year.

It's Monday now, I got my house back after a Thanksgiving full of family, and TDA still hasn't announced anything yet.

There's part of me that hopes they just go full C List Cheese and get one of the WDW narrators to also perform at Disneyland. Alfonso Ribiero, Pat Sajak, John Stamos, Helen Hunt, etc. I can just imagine the Disneyland audience going... mild. :D

TP2000

Original Poster
It is bizarre to me how crazy everyone goes for these narrators out here in the Swamps. Frankly, I am of the opinion that if Disney didn't invite them to the show, no one would care about the CP at Epcot. Its a real snoozefest

While I give WDW management a great deal of credit for keeping the Disneyland concept of Candlelight going out there for as long as they have, especially with a choir and orchestra, there's just something unfortunate about that Epcot venue across from the United States pavilion.

It's the classic yet generic theme park open-air amphitheater with metal benches full of casually dressed tourists who bought a dinner package, the sloped cement floor and industrial roof with aging Klieg lights in the rafters, decorated with fake Christmas trees and plastic gift packages that last a month, etc. And a late afternoon start time before the sun sets doesn't help much to hide those things either.

maxresdefault.jpg

Compared to Disneyland, where they use the Town Square on Main Street USA and pack the place with choir singers, and an orchestra and trumpeters on the roofs, and people dress up for the special night, and they decorate the venue for two nights only with giant mounds of live Poinsettia and flowers and fir garlands under the SoCal winter sky that twinkles above in the open air. It's truly magical, and I generally hate using that word. :cool:

can118975LARGE.jpg

Any A List celebrity kind of pales compared the spectacle and specialness of this performance. But it's a good thing Disneyland gets A Listers to do it, if only to just send the whole thing out of orbit.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

While I give WDW management a great deal of credit for keeping the Disneyland concept of Candlelight going out there for as long as they have, especially with a choir and orchestra, there's just something unfortunate about that Epcot venue across from the United States pavilion.

It's the classic yet generic theme park open-air amphitheater with metal benches full of casually dressed tourists who bought a dinner package, the sloped cement floor and industrial roof with aging Klieg lights in the rafters, etc. And a late afternoon start time before the sun sets doesn't help much to hide those things either.

maxresdefault.jpg

Compared to Disneyland, where they use the Town Square on Main Street USA and pack the place with choir singers, and an orchestra and trumpeters on the roofs, and people dress up for the special night, and the SoCal winter sky twinkles above in the open air. It's truly magical, and I generally hate using that word. :cool:

can118975LARGE.jpg

A truly A List celebrity kind of pales compared the spectacle and specialness of this performance. But it's a good thing Disneyland gets A Listers to do it, if only to just send the whole thing out of orbit.

Prior to 1984 this is how they did it in Florida:

1543287360975.png

But having it in Epcot means WDW can sell MK Christmas Parties AND Candlelight dinners for weeks. :greedy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom